Our Options for CEO

Milky

I think our best option is Grant Mayer but has anyone else got any ideas?

I'd be happy with Mayer.

In fact I'd be happy with anyone that wont repeat the contract debacles of the Humphreys era.

@Flippedy said:
Maybe Todd Greenberg will have a change of heart and want the challenge of heading up a new club …. or maybe not.

I wish but he already signed with NRL or something didn't he?

I reckon I might have a chop at the job

Being a back stabbing so and so can't be that hard ,just ask my staff :wink:

@Milky said:
@Flippedy said:
Maybe Todd Greenberg will have a change of heart and want the challenge of heading up a new club …. or maybe not.

I wish but he already signed with NRL or something didn't he?

Yeah Milky, he's got an executive job with the NRL - he starts in August. Was hoping he might change his mind and take up the challenge of Wests Tigers, but I'm only dreaming lol.

Perhaps we could go for Cameron Schwab :laughing:

Bruno Cullen from the Broncos stepped in as acting CEO at the Sharks until Noyce took the spot. He could be worth a look?

Do you reckon we go for a former CEO with another club? Internal promotion within the Tigers? A former player like the Knights have Gidley? Or go totally external to Rugby League like the NRL did with Dave Smith?

I think it's time we look outside the box with this one. Mayer is doing a great job with the commercial aspect of things, but this whole joint venture thing really needs to be sorted out and maybe someone completely unrelated can fix it.

The new CEO will also obviously need to look at how to improve things on the field. Recruitment and retention is a big factor for me. We're struggling to attract big name players to the club. Whether it's salary cap reasons and we're back-paying contracts or people just don't want to come here, we're not going to get out of this rut with the crop we currently have and a habit of signing mediocre first graders and those close to retirement. A player clean out wouldn't go astray either.

Will be a big decision and I hope we make the right one. Lots of stuff to consider.

Mayer or Cullen would both be excellent choices. whoever it is, still has the same problem Humphreys had, disfunctional boards freom both sides of the mearger. We may struggle to get anyone apply with the current state of the club. Someone help us!

@Shooshmeister said:
Mayer or Cullen would both be excellent choices. whoever it is, still has the same problem Humphreys had, disfunctional boards freom both sides of the mearger. We may struggle to get anyone apply with the current state of the club. Someone help us!

Cullen said when he took the Sharks job he wasn't interested taking any CEO jobs full time

let's go external. get a business fellow not some balmain or wests supporter.

Back