Our search for the right no17

king_sirro

Our last bench spot/utility spot has been the subject of much contention. After the disaster in the Parramatta game last year, Sheens has been intent on having someone who can cover the outside backs, even if it means that player only gets 3 minutes or even no game time at all. Most see this as a waste of a bench spot.

When i look through our roster, one player keeps coming to mind. Nu Akeripa.

Now we have Liam Fulton in the squad and he's proven he can cover hooker and 5/8, so for me, that means we need a player that can cover outwide but ideally, can also play in the backrow if needed.

With Akeripa, u have the perfect guy because not only can he play out wide, he can be a game breaker in the forwards if we're in a game that requires a get out of jail scenerio. It gives Sheens the following…...cover for injuries, options, and a strike player.

Bring on the barnstorming Nu Akeripa for the number 17 please.

yup fitzy is the best 17 after moltzy IMO, but i've seen how this forum disses fitzy even though i agree he should neva neva been in the starting line-up

fultons defensive efforts will be wasted if he were to ever play in the halves..
all we need for a 17 is legs…legs are what daniela has...he will be great for running around tiring forwards...he just needs to be tested under the highball for me to make my final judgement.

We should have kept Lewis Brown. He can play centre, lock, second row, dummy half. He is pretty strong and has some pace. He is in pretty good form too.

@Balmain Tiger said:
fultons defensive efforts will be wasted if he were to ever play in the halves..
all we need for a 17 is legs…legs are what daniela has...he will be great for running around tiring forwards...he just needs to be tested under the highball for me to make my final judgement.

I agree. Plus he is a reliable defender on the fringe.

Once Lui, Ellis and Beau return I would like to see the following side;

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Payten
13\. Heighington

14\. Fifita
15\. Fulton/Flanagan
16\. Moors/Dwyer
17\. Daniela

Of course, Sheens will have Fitzy in the mix somewhere, as long as he's at 17, thats where he will be most useful. Daniela would be an awesome prospect coming on at the 65th minute giving the pigs trouble up the middle. Would be useful for zippy runs out of dummy half.

At full strength the interchange should be: Flanagan/Dwyer, Moors, Payten, Fifita.

Fulton, Flanagan, Ellis can play a few different positions.

Akeripa or Mataka would be a great choice for the 17 jersey but it will not happen I this season

Staff online

Back