Our team in a few weeks time?

@Poppa said:
Whoever is left over please send them to West Magpies….We need them......

:sign: :supporter:

oh now come on …. your coming 2nd :laughing:

Balmain Fever ! :sunglasses:

1\. mckinnon
2\. tuqiri
3\. daniela
4\. lawrence
5\. ryan
6\. marshall
7\. lui
8\. gibbs
9\. farah
10\. galloway
11\. payten
12\. ellis
13\. heighinton

14\. ayshford
15\. fifita
16\. fulton
17\. dywer

–---

not the strongest interchange bench but im not willing to drop any of these players for the likes of flannagan and tupou.
really want dywer to stay in the team!

Now that McKinnon and Ayshford are available after the bye for the backs…

And Galloway and Fulton are back in the forwards...

Include the fact Moors has been destructive the last few weeks... Not to mention Dwyer...

How do we structure the bench? Do we still carry that extra back to play for 5mins?

1\. Mckinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Benji
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Fulton
12\. Ellis
13\. Heighno

14\. Fifita
15\. Moors
16\. Payten
17\. Dwyer

What a beasty bench!!!!!

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Lawence
4.Daniella
5.Ryan (and then Tuiaki)
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Payten
13.Heighnington

14.Fafita
15.Moors
16.Dwyer
17.Ayshford

18\. Fulton
19\. Flanagan
20\. Cayless
21\. Brown
22\. Fitzhenry
\
\
Surely with Ayshford back hes good enough to cover the utility back position and could also run in the forwards if needed.

How good is it to know that with several first choice players out - Ayshford, Fulton, Galloway, Tuiaki …

The team can still perform. Gives me great confidence going into the back half of the season that IF (touch wood) injuries hit again, we know our back up players like Moors and Dwyer etc can still do the job over and above what's expected.

When Keith gets back it would be great to see four forwards on the bench. Maybe Galloway could come off the bench for a few weeks. Imagine a bench of Galloway, Moors, Fifita and Dwyer? That's scary.

Fifita, Moors and Dwyer simply cannot be dropped. Flanagan v Fulton and Ayshford v Daniela seem to be the biggest headaches. I still think Fulton and Ayshford have done enough to have a bit of security from injuries, but it's hard to change a winning side, isn't it?

Our best side:
1.Wade McKinnon (Sean Meaney/Jake Mullaney)
2.Lote Tuquiri
3.Geoff Daniela
4.Chris Lawrence
5.Beau Ryan (Taniela Tuiaki)
6.Benji Marshall
7.Robert Lui (Tim Moltzen)
13.Chris Heighington
12.Gareth Ellis
11.Junior Moors
10.Keith Galloway
9.Robbie Farah
8.Bryce Gibbs

14.Liam Fulton
15.Simon Dwyer
16.Todd Payten
17.Andrew Fifita

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
Fifita, Moors and Dwyer simply cannot be dropped. Flanagan v Fulton and Ayshford v Daniela seem to be the biggest headaches. I still think Fulton and Ayshford have done enough to have a bit of security from injuries, but it's hard to change a winning side, isn't it?

I think we lack speed in the side with Ayshford in the centres. I think we have a much better balance with Daniela in the side due to his pace.

daniela seems to be a solid defender. fulton seems to have it over flannagan so i dont think the all english second row will last.

14\. ayshford
15\. fifita
16\. moors
17\. dywer

–----

really filthy i cant include moors, tupou and payten...

@Balmain Tiger said:
daniela seems to be a solid defender. fulton seems to have it over flannagan so i dont think the all english second row will last.

14\. ayshford
15\. fifita
16\. moors
17\. dywer

–----

You've got Moors at 16 mate :smiley:

@willow said:
@Balmain Tiger said:

14\. ayshford
15\. fifita
16\. moors
17\. dywer

–----

You've got Moors at 16 mate :smiley:

my bad i meant flannagan

Well we wont have Fulton, Moltzen or Tuiaki against the Raiders so I would like to see:

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Lawrence
4\. Ayshford
5\. Daniela
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Heighington
13\. Dwyer

14\. Flanagan
15\. Moors
16\. Payten
17\. Fifita

I would like to see Taumata in the side somewhere and see how he goes in our firstgrade team but I don't know where they could fit him in. Maybe centre if he goes well there in NSW Cup and if Ayshford doesn't go too well.

1.McKinnon
2.Ryan
3.Daniela/Ayshford. This is tricky, both are different players, but both are fantastic at what they do.
4.Lawrence
5.Tuqiri
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Payten
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Fifita
15.Moors
16.Dwyer
17\. Flanagan/Galloway

No matter what the team is, some deserving players are going to miss out. There are probably 20 people in our squad who genuinely should be in 1st grade.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
1.McKinnon
2.Ryan
3.Daniela/Ayshford. This is tricky, both are different players, but both are fantastic at what they do.
4.Lawrence
5.Tuqiri
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Payten
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Fifita
15.Moors
16.Dwyer
17\. Flanagan/Galloway

No matter what the team is, some deserving players are going to miss out. There are probably 20 people in our squad who genuinely should be in 1st grade.

Why would you have Ryan and Daniela on the left side and Lawrence and Tuqiri on the right side?

I'm not sold on Daniela just yet as I fear about our right edge defense with him and Lui there, but looking at attacking potential these are my backs.

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuquiri
3\. Lawrence
4\. Daniela
5\. **Ayshford**
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Fulton
13\. Heighnington

14\. Fifita
15\. Payten
16\. Moors
17\. Dwyer

Daniela certainly needs to work on his defense. He got lost once or twice last week. He made one very bad miss where he was basically clutching at air.

@Kaiser said:
McKinnon came here after being guaranteed game time.. he'll be playing asap imo. Hopefully we'll see this team for the round after the bye..

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ryan Daniela
4\. Lawrence
5\. Daniela / Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Payten
13\. Heighno

14\. Fafita
15\. Moors
16\. Dwyer
17\. Ayshford

Like Willow said… Tame is will gain some match fitness and potentially replace Moors or Dwyer. I think Fulton and Flanagan will be the losers here tbh

1mckinnon
2.lote
3 lawrence
4 daniella
5 ryan
6 benji
7 taumata - x factor at half with pace and step and deserves a go !!
8 big red
9 robbie
10 gibbs
11 ellis
12 payten
13 rhino

bench; dwyer, flanagan / moors, fifita,ayshford
i think that lui needs to do more in attack rather than the long passing game to benji and work on his defence.

Back