Our worst ever side?

Honourable mentions to Hayes Lauder, Justin Doyle, Brenton Pomery, Dane Morgan, Robert Miles, Ryan O'Hara :laughing:

@Jazza said:
Im trying to think of some more names but the crap players obviously havnt stayed in my memory :laughing:

What about:

Shane Walker
Matt Sears
Lincoln Withers
Jason Lowrie
Willie Manu
Michael Beuttner?
Hoppa
Viane
Halatau?? (Cmon besides those 2 months he has been crap)

Ive forgotten about those old days lol

All the players mentioned above were good quality first graders. Hell, 3 or 4 of them played test footy!

Kieran Kerr I actually thought he did ok. I can remember one game very clearly in 04-05 for memory against the bulldogs in gosford when prince was out due to origin duties and he steered us around the park and we ended up winning a game we were long odds to win.

@steven_tiger said:
7\. Kieran Kerr

:laughing: I actually remember in 2004, some people were hoping Prince would get picked for origin so Kerr would be picked at half!

That was when a lot of people were saying Prince is not a half but a 5/8, and we should buy a real half. Sound familiar?

Little harsh on Ahmed Bajouri. I thought he showed a heap of potential, and then went to souths where it all went wrong

@hybrid_tiger said:
@Juro said:
Our leading tryscorer makes your team???

Yep, just because he could catch a ball and put it over the tryline amongst a good backline doesn't make him a good player. He was terrible most of the time.

Out of curiousity, how do you rate Israel Folau?

Some 'great' names in this post. If this were Government expenditure, there'd be a Royal Commission.

Who in these names represents our worst return on investment: Sam Harris, Nick Graham???

@steven_tiger said:
@Jazza said:
Im trying to think of some more names but the crap players obviously havnt stayed in my memory :laughing:

What about:

Shane Walker
Matt Sears
Lincoln Withers
Jason Lowrie
Willie Manu
Michael Beuttner?
Hoppa
Viane
Halatau?? (Cmon besides those 2 months he has been crap)

Ive forgotten about those old days lol

All the players mentioned above were good quality first graders. Hell, 3 or 4 of them played test footy!

You are right in a way but, Sears was disappointing, Hoppa didnt do great, Beuttner was passed it, Manu underachieved and had to many errors, same with Viane, and Halatau has been poor for 4 years now.

The others did try their guts out though ill give em that but they still were pretty ordinary.

My all time players who i hated and want in the side are:

Trent Runciman
Lipina Kaufusi
Chris Heighington
Dene Halatau

:smiley:

Incredibly harsh having Fitzhenry and Morris in the side. I wouldnt have any current player including Gibbs and Payne in there either. Theres been a lot worse over the years than these guys.

Fitzy wasnt great, and I was a very harsh critic at times but hes not in our worst 2 wingers over the 10 years.

Morris, i can only assume you are counting how much we are paying him. Hes not worth the money we pay him but he is a solid player. Cant help that Sheens has played him out of position most of the year.

Gibbs is playing great at the moment and having him in the worst team is a joke.

Payne….well, im not a fan of his but again, I wouldnt have current players at all. Not when we have won 5 in a row. Id be picking players from all those times we lost games by 30 each week.

I always found myself wondering why Georgarlis (spelling?) got picked every week at the start of the merger. Nick Graham would have to be captin of the team for mine though.

@white_tiger said:
I always found myself wondering why Georgarlis (spelling?) got picked every week at the start of the merger. Nick Graham would have to be captin of the team for mine though.

hahaha, Steve Georgalis, your right. I could not handle him, he tried hard but was terrible. All he did was throw a dummy and step off the right foot at the same time only to get tackled…..........hmmm, sound like someone who's been in oue halves the last 3 years?

@Jazza said:
@alexaki said:
I thought Trent Clayton was a gun the few games he played for WT.

I thought so too, I remember he scored a try on debut at LO, then he signed with the career killers (Roosters) and we havnt seen him since.

Think you will find we signed him from the roosters and then he signed with penrith but he could find the try line could have been anything that kid

@hybrid_tiger said:
This should bring back some memories:

1\. Shannon McDonnell
2\. Daniel Fitzhenry
3\. Lee Murphy
4\. Ahmed Bajouri
5\. Lipina Kaufusi
6\. John Morris
7\. Glen Air
8\. Trent Runciman
9\. Adam Nable
10\. Steve Trindall
11\. Luke Isakka
12\. Corey Payne
13\. Mark O'Halloran

14\. Trent Clayton
15\. Kylie Leuluei
16\. Bryce Gibbs
17\. John Simon

I realise some players are out of position, but they always are with these things.

I'm sure I've missed plenty of players.

You have gibbs in this side ahead of chris patterson,really shows you know as much about the game as i know about rocket science

@king sirro said:
My all time players who i hated and want in the side are:

Trent Runciman
Lipina Kaufusi
Chris Heighington
Dene Halatau

:smiley:

You HATE heigno????
Your a dead set goose

craig field john hopeateand kevin mcguinness should make the list …..they took our great club beyond the gutter to the deepest sewers known to man ....

Back