OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

If we are honest we need to try and recruit ASAP to prevent too many sub standard players playing NRL if we get injuries to our top 17.
So true. One guy who has never got a good go at the Sharks that would be an upgrade on Kepaoa is Kayal Iro. Low-cost off-contract option as a Centre/2nd Row utility. Deceptively strong and has played 2nd row a few times very well in past seasons.

What kind of player is latu? Is he a good ball runner or a classy passer? Does he have a good kicking game? I remember seeing he has excellent pass selection
Latu is very classy with ball in hand. A strong runner who digs into the opposition line and can pass but my estimation is that he is a run first player.

He didn’t play much today (I watched him on the sidelines and it looked as though he wanted to get back on - if he does, I think we win). Kicking was a bit ordinary but we looked much better when he was on the field.

So true. One guy who has never got a good go at the Sharks that would be an upgrade on Kepaoa is Kayal Iro. Low-cost off-contract option as a Centre/2nd Row utility. Deceptively strong and has played 2nd row a few times very well in past seasons.
Yeah I’m not sure if I’m sold on Iro although he is an upgrade on Kepaoa.

Latu is very classy with ball in hand. A strong runner who digs into the opposition line and can pass but my estimation is that he is a run first player.

He didn’t play much today (I watched him on the sidelines and it looked as though he wanted to get back on - if he does, I think we win). Kicking was a bit ordinary but we looked much better when he was on the field.
Super keen to see him in the nrl benji seems to fill these young blokes with confidence it’s so good to see

I spoke to him at half time and the plan was for him to only play the first half. He was only keeping warm on the sideline during the second half just in case as Simpkin was off

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup - Round 4 vs. Eels

Monday, April 1 - 1:40 p.m. AEDT
CommBank Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Brent Naden
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Josh Feledy
4. Declan Casey
5. Alex Lobb
6. Iverson Matai
7. Latu Fainu
8. Nick Lui-Toso
9. James Valevatu
10. Reuben Porter
11. Tony Sukkar
12. Sione Vaihu
13. Justin Matamua

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Josh Finau
16. Brandon Tumeth
17. Chris Faagutu

18. Kit Laulilii
19. Heath Mason
20. Jordan Miller
Coach: Aaron Payne

INS: Josh Feledy, Tallyn Da Silva, Brandon Tumeth, Chris Faagutu

OUTS: Jake Simpkin (concussion), Asu Kepaoa (NRL), Heath Mason (SG Ball), Kit Laulilii (SG Ball)

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup - Round 4 vs. Eels

Monday, April 1 - 1:40 p.m. AEDT
CommBank Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Brent Naden
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Josh Feledy
4. Declan Casey
5. Alex Lobb
6. Iverson Matai
7. Latu Fainu
8. Nick Lui-Toso
9. James Valevatu
10. Reuben Porter
11. Tony Sukkar
12. Sione Vaihu
13. Justin Matamua

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Josh Finau
16. Brandon Tumeth
17. Chris Faagutu

18. Kit Laulilii
19. Heath Mason
20. Jordan Miller
Coach: Aaron Payne

INS: Josh Feledy, Tallyn Da Silva, Brandon Tumeth, Chris Faagutu

OUTS: Jake Simpkin (concussion), Asu Kepaoa (NRL), Heath Mason (SG Ball), Kit Laulilii (SG Ball)
side seems to improve in quality every week. delighted to see Tumeth and Faagutu rewarded for their efforts in Jersey Flegg and excited to see Feledy develop week to week in this comp. interestingly Mason and Da Silva have been named to start for SG Ball, so I'll be interested to see what plays out there and whether there's changes in the lead up.

probably still a middle forward away from being a decent reserve grade side, but when Sione comes back we'll be in better shape.

Guess with Latu being named extended bench but starting KOE we know he will be playing KOE baring injury. Hopefully they extend his playing minutes this week.

For those who follow all grades, is Sione the only viable FG prop option from a full strength KOE?

side seems to improve in quality every week. delighted to see Tumeth and Faagutu rewarded for their efforts in Jersey Flegg and excited to see Feledy develop week to week in this comp. interestingly Mason and Da Silva have been named to start for SG Ball, so I'll be interested to see what plays out there and whether there's changes in the lead up.

probably still a middle forward away from being a decent reserve grade side, but when Sione comes back we'll be in better shape.
Where is Simpkin?

Bailey Hodges out of Jersey Flegg today. Looks like a call up to NSW Cup in place of TDS on Monday, well deserved.

Members online

Back