Payten

softlaw

Many people (including me) have bagged him a lot recently but credit where credit's due he played really well today.
He put in a lot of extra effort & really tried to be involved.
Still didn;t run much but playing a bit wider every now & again & just worked hard.
If he can keep that up then he won;t get bagged for the rest of the season.

One of his best games for the season. Just wish we scored off that flick pass to Gallant as he would have been on the highlight reels for weeks!

@Ghostdogg said:
One of his best games for the season. Just wish we scored off that flick pass to Gallant as he would have been on the highlight reels for weeks!

Wasn't that Ellis?

Anyways, I still don't think Payten was that good today. I don't get it, he plays like John Morris except 30 kilos heavier and escapes criticism from the football media. It's strange. I still want him gone. He is wearing the 10 not the 6.

what he did today is the minimum i expect from him week in week out, today he gets a pass mark nothing else, ellis was exceptional, that where you cant tell the difference in class

@anderson silva said:
what he did today is the minimum i expect from him week in week out, today he gets a pass mark nothing else, ellis was exceptional, that where you cant tell the difference in class

Agreed. He was involved but from what I noticed, the mass majority of that was from restarts. My expectations are high on Payton.

He was better, his best game of the season. But I'd wager the majority of his metres were from kick returns, no many in general play.

The flick was Ellis & it was lovely :slight_smile:
I think 'minimum' is harsh. 122 metres, 23 tackles & 3 offloads, one of which led to Gallants (Morris') try.
Thats pretty solid.

@softlaw said:
The flick was Ellis & it was lovely :slight_smile:
I think 'minimum' is harsh. 122 metres, 23 tackles & 3 offloads, one of which led to Gallants (Morris') try.
Thats pretty solid.

ill go as far as saying 65-75 of those metres were of restarts at a minimum

@anderson silva said:

Yep - Payten had his best game of the season and i can't knock that performance however he is miles away from Ellis in class.

I had no idea what sort of a player Ellis was at the start of the season but he has shown he is up there with the best forwards in the world. Marquee buy and a marquee player.

Patten was outstanding today,mainly because his effort & workrate was up there with…Ellis,who happens to do it week in week out.
Not bad for a bloke(Ellis) renowned as a "wide running second rower"(which usually means lazy ,but a try scorer against small backs(see under" Ben Teo")

@softlaw said:
Many people (including me) have bagged him a lot recently but credit where credit's due he played really well today.
He put in a lot of extra effort & really tried to be involved.
Still didn;t run much but playing a bit wider every now & again & just worked hard.
If he can keep that up then he won;t get bagged for the rest of the season.

Thought along with Ellis he was outstanding in defence today….Vintage Todd when he put the Mouse away....

That was his best game of the season today, and after thinking about it, I don't see why Todd can't play like that every week. He had more of a go in attack and defended well and he should be aiming to perform this well on a weekly basis, he's definitely got it in him.

Members online

Back