Pies : Where do you buy your favourite and what is it

When ever you are in Cromwell Sth Island NZ go to SANGA's, amazing selection.
Otherwise, Yatala's pies(QLD) are hard to beat.

If you're in Sydney, try Bourke Street Bakery's Beef, Beer, Bacon & Cheesy Mash pie, it's on another level.

But if you love a traditional shepherd's pie, you can't go past Berry Bakery on the south coast of NSW.

View attachment 11892
I agree they do good pies there. I like the steak and peas. The Berry Bakery that is. It’s Berry good….

Bourke St Bakery in Sydney, Uprising in Newy… Given the positive feedback, might have to do the commute to Nelson’s Bay on the weekend to try a Red Ned’s (y)

In Victoria look for the Beechworth Bakery chain( country only), great pies ( all types), sausos and, wait for it, hot roast lamb sangers/rolls on fresh baked bread with gravy and / or condiments. Yummo !!

For an old school mince pie or mushroom I recommend the bakery at Leura in the blue mountains. It’s an old school cake shop, the rest of their cakes are average. But their mince and mushroom pies are great, great soft pastry and top gravy. It’s not gourmet which is what I like about them. I always say u have to judge a lie shop by their mince pies. For gourmet pies I like brooky pies at brookvale, the butter chicken being a favourite!

Latest posts

Back