Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Jad the over turning of that RvW decision was because the woman lied....
How would it be fair that it should sit as a fair judicial outcome...fair enough that women can have a choice if they want to abort a baby,but Im against it because Im catholic,however thats just me,the way we have developed in medicine surely with contraceptives available and good education,there is a good chance women wouldnt need to abort the babies...all lives are precious and the joy of creating a beautiful human being should be a very joyous occasion,not an opportunity to collect monies and do little for it...

I can understand that you are against abortion because of your religious beliefs even though i disagree with it.However do you still believe that a woman should be forced to have a child if she was raped or it is a case of incest and she falls pregnant?Both will still be illegal under the ruling and to be honest many abortions are performed because the woman/family can not provide for the child due to poverty.
I am not saying i have the answers but this ruling is a throwback to the middle ages,women will be desperate to terminate unwanted pregnancies and will risk their lives as they always have in the past.

I will put this in the politics thread because it was Right Wing nutter politics (Trump) which caused it by stacking the court with hardline conservatives.The US supreme court have overturned the federal right of women to have abortions which basically throws the country into the "ideas" of the 16th century.
Guns are legal and out of control in a crazy society and now another act which hurts the majority of americans.
As usual you have no idea so you make it up, What was done is that the 9 members of the scotus decided that it was not their position to decide on abortion issues and have handed back the decisions of abortion back to each state and the people of each state, many will not change anything on abortion , some may become stricter and some may become more lenient on abortion issues. The power and decision are now back into the peoples hands , its called democracy but once again you want to twist things to advance you narrative. Please be informed

As usual you have no idea so you make it up, What was done is that the 9 members of the scotus decided that it was not their position to decide on abortion issues and have handed back the decisions of abortion back to each state and the people of each state, many will not change anything on abortion , some may become stricter and some may become more lenient on abortion issues. The power and decision are now back into the peoples hands , its called democracy but once again you want to twist things to advance you narrative. Please be informed
Nonsense as per usual.

I can understand that you are against abortion because of your religious beliefs even though i disagree with it.However do you still believe that a woman should be forced to have a child if she was raped or it is a case of incest and she falls pregnant?Both will still be illegal under the ruling and to be honest many abortions are performed because the woman/family can not provide for the child due to poverty.
I am not saying i have the answers but this ruling is a throwback to the middle ages,women will be desperate to terminate unwanted pregnancies and will risk their lives as they always have in the past.
I agree, women will have less rights, desperate women will turn to backyard abortions. Women who miscarry can be charged and this has already happened in Texas. Americans are big on protecting unborn children but they fail to protect them after they are born, school shootings are just accepted as normal, basic healthcare for the poor is not important.

I agree, women will have less rights, desperate women will turn to backyard abortions. Women who miscarry can be charged and this has already happened in Texas. Americans are big on protecting unborn children but they fail to protect them after they are born, school shootings are just accepted as normal, basic healthcare for the poor is not important.

For the richest country in the world the USA is morally bankrupt in regards to looking after its people.

George Carlin said it best.

“Pre-born you’re fine. Pre-School you’re f….”

Mate we are in the 21st century,we have contraception,if women are dumb enough to put themselves in the position to be raped is unfortunate and there should be remedies for that,if they fall to incest that is a low family education...its the perpetrator who should either pay for the abortion and gaoled or pay for the child up until its 18 yrs of age...
There are many arguments for who is right and who is wrong BUT my main point of my original post was that the WOMAN LIED...now that becomes a judicial problem and I dont care if your a hardened lefty or right winger,these problems are concerning HUMANITY not a political side swipe on society...
the sooner people get off the political garbage then the better....we must consider what is best for society not a governmental win..."GOVTS WORK FOR US WE ELECT THEM TO MAKE THE BEST CHOICE FOR SOCIETY NOT LINE THEIR OWN POCKETS AND SET THEIR OWN AGENDAS"...Human life either child,in the womb or adult are precious,who are we to judge who can live or die just because people think a fetous is not human'...sorry if I upset some on here,but I was always taught that we are all Gods children...and life is a precious gift...
I understand that you have a religious position on this and you are entitled to that.

Mate we are in the 21st century,we have contraception,if women are dumb enough to put themselves in the position to be raped is unfortunate and there should be remedies for that,if they fall to incest that is a low family education...its the perpetrator who should either pay for the abortion and gaoled or pay for the child up until its 18 yrs of age...
There are many arguments for who is right and who is wrong BUT my main point of my original post was that the WOMAN LIED...now that becomes a judicial problem and I dont care if your a hardened lefty or right winger,these problems are concerning HUMANITY not a political side swipe on society...
the sooner people get off the political garbage then the better....we must consider what is best for society not a governmental win..."GOVTS WORK FOR US WE ELECT THEM TO MAKE THE BEST CHOICE FOR SOCIETY NOT LINE THEIR OWN POCKETS AND SET THEIR OWN AGENDAS"...Human life either child,in the womb or adult are precious,who are we to judge who can live or die just because people think a fetous is not human'...sorry if I upset some on here,but I was always taught that we are all Gods children...and life is a precious gift...
Excuse me? If a woman is raped it is her fault? Seriously?
There is never ever an excuse for rape, I don’t care if a woman is lying naked on the hill at the football, it isn’t ok to rape her.

I didnt say it was ok...I said if they put themselves in the position the perpetrator should be gaoled or dealt with in the proper lawful manner....lets face it,we are in the 21st century there is plenty of educational and guidance info around to help women,,,I dont for one minute blame a woman for being raped by a guy who cant help himself,however,these guys should also know right from wrong,if their old enough to rape someone then their old enough to know the consequences...
On a side note and Im not bagging women or girls,but have a look at some of them when they are in the company of guys drinking,they walk up scantilly dressed get the guy to buy them drinks and hover around them,more or less leading them on...the guy thinks he is in and then all the shit happens...I understand your stance Krissy,but lets not always favour one gender than the other until the facts are proven...
Thats why Roe v Wade was overturned ...the woman lied...
A woman putting herself in the position to be raped by a guy that can’t help himself?
Sorry I refuse to allow the excuse that a guy can’t help himself. Don’t rape it isn’t complicated. Women should be able to dress however they please, how acwoman dresses is no excuse. To say men can’t help themselves is favouring one gender.

A woman putting herself in the position to be raped by a guy that can’t help himself?
Sorry I refuse to allow the excuse that a guy can’t help himself. Don’t rape it isn’t complicated. Women should be able to dress however they please, how acwoman dresses is no excuse. To say men can’t help themselves is favouring one gender.
Agree to disagree.....thanks..

I’m not blaming a woman for being raped,Im saying they put themselves sometimes in the position that lead guys on...
How so?…the way they dress?…the way they dance on the grog?
I do not agree. I live in the tropics mate, long legs, tits and arse for days. Never crossed my mind to treat them like that.
You know what sort of guys do treat them like that? Usually it’s the ones saying they were asking for it.

Sorry mate ,Im not blaming a woman for being raped,Im saying they put themselves sometimes in the position that lead guys on...read my other post...AND to claryify,I dont for one minute think rape is ok ...men that do that shit deserve to be incarcerated and the key thrown away...but lets not think that its always the guys fault ...thats why the Roe v Wade was overturned.....the WOMAN LIED....
Or you know men could just not rape women there is a thought

Thats like saying paedophilia is okay cause the kids put themselves in that position

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back