Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
such a mess the pollies get in when they act on the will of those that elect them

Generally only the case when voting decisions are made, such as for Brexit, which was based almost entirely on lies, including from within the government.

Particularly so through Boris Johnson, taking over from Steve Baker and Farage as the guy most responsible for them from the voting stage, who didn’t even believe in it. Yet he again fooled sections of the electorate for further personal gain at the expense of the them during it's implementation.

Talking about liars and Brexit, did anyone on here catch Nigel in Sydney last week?

such a mess the pollies get in when they act on the will of those that elect them
correct, only votes that are closely observed by the thought police and enforced by presence of schutzpolizei der Reich shall be counted, so we can have the popular support for a dear leader like in the recent referendum in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia Oblast!:censored:🤔

I note that none of the even half serious posters in this thread have backed up any of those that pretend that Brexit hasn't had a huge effect on the British economy, nor argued that the policies of the past few weeks were not the cause of the recent near collapse.

Both were so historically significant, that they will be discussed reasonably extensively for decades to come, and mentioned as horrible decisions for much longer.

Hows that benefits list from the former Minister for Brexit opportunities going, and have they discovered anything better benefits wise, other than some potential additional wattage for their vacuum cleaners or fish finger value yet?

Haha, yep. Record inflation while
Nigel Farage does speaking tours

to be fair, there are also images of Mr Clinton, allegedly a frequent flyer on Epstein's flights, sadly Australia started to pay into Clinton funds - so indirectly we (at least partially) financed Clinton's trips. :(
Funny they are very very hard to find via Google these days , of course you will get the public pics with Trump.. but no private Clinton plane pics . almost like they never ever existed and they are trying to hide them or something 😲. But luckily there are independent search engines available to the open minded if they choose to use them.

Anyway, remember Hawke with similar pics during his ACTU days up the Cross.

Bastards the lot of them, why don't I get invited to cool parties.

Funny they are very very hard to find via Google these days , of course you will get the public pics with Trump.. but no private Clinton plane pics . almost like they never ever existed and they are trying to hide them or something 😲. But luckily there are independent search engines available to the open minded if they choose to use them.
you are correct, a possible clue you can find on Joe Rogan's podcast i.e. https://thefederalistpapers.org/opi...gle-search-claims-hiding-critical-information

so when I search for anything "controversial" I also use "uncensored" engines like duckduckgo, brave, or gibiru. It was surprise to me how different are the results of the search.

Generally only the case when voting decisions are made, such as for Brexit, which was based almost entirely on lies, including from within the government.

Particularly so through Boris Johnson, taking over from Steve Baker and Farage as the guy most responsible for them from the voting stage, who didn’t even believe in it. Yet he again fooled sections of the electorate for further personal gain at the expense of the them during it's implementation.

Talking about liars and Brexit, did anyone on here catch Nigel in Sydney last week?
Sounds like every political candidate/election ever. Ask the yanks about their complete buyers remorse with old dementia Joe and 'tick the boxes' Harris.

1665135395636.png

Can still find this one of Bill

Sounds like every political candidate/election ever. Ask the yanks about their complete buyers remorse with old dementia Joe and 'tick the boxes' Harris.

The Biden and Brexit examples are much more akin to opposites than alike, and Australia shows differently as I type regarding the first bit, at least for now.

There would be some that would not vote for Biden again, but if Trump ran against him in 2024, he would fail again and by more than the 10% he trailed him last time around, losing the popular vote for a third time.

The Biden and Brexit examples are much more akin to opposites than alike, and Australia shows differently as I type regarding the first bit, at least for now.

There would be some that would not vote for Biden again, but if Trump ran against him in 2024, he would fail again and by more than the 10% he trailed him last time around, losing the popular vote for a third time.
By 2024 the U.S. will be in deep recession if not a world war.

That's an opinion, Doubt Biden will run again but I think if Trump/Biden ran again in 24' with the way the current administration has been running things, Trump could come in second on the popular vote for the third time and win it for the second time. Gotta love the EC system of a Constitutional Republic.

Midterms next month will be very interesting. Will the people stick with what's been happening for the last 2 years or reject it for a majority MAGA backed house? Frightening either way.

It will depend on whether the current administration changes the definition of 'deep' 'recession' and 'world war'
Thank goddess for a multi lateral world because despite the shortcomings of the competition at least BS values cannot be universally applied.

It is no coincidence that during the last 20 years of unilateralism too many strange once in a hundred year events have taken place with in some cases an excuse to curtail our freedoms. Thinking September 11, GFC , the way climate change is being used as a tool, and pandemics.

Thankfully, don't think we will be hearing any more of these.

Regardless of peoples political leanings id ask if you could watch this doco. Its very graphic but im sure like me you will find it quite mind blowing and unimaginable it is happening in this day and age. My point to this is not to bash any side but just to merely demonstrate the extent of things happening in the world that we probably should know about but have been deliberately shielded from.
Once again , its a crappy rainy day anyway so i hope people can have a watch and perhaps post their thoughts and reactions.

That's an opinion, Doubt Biden will run again but I think if Trump/Biden ran again in 24' with the way the current administration has been running things, Trump could come in second on the popular vote for the third time and win it for the second time. Gotta love the EC system of a Constitutional Republic.

Midterms next month will be very interesting. Will the people stick with what's been happening for the last 2 years or reject it for a majority MAGA backed house? Frightening either way.

Yes, it is an opinion, though I am absolutely certain of it, mainly because the further he caters towards the QAnon types, the more of the not yet brainwashed will not vote for him.

Cannot fathom how any thinking person could vote for a man that tried to overthrow their democracy. Though the way that the electoral college system is set up, it is not very democratic, especially so when one vote can have the same value as 50 in another state for the senate.

Last edited:
Yes, it is an opinion, though I am absolutely certain of it, mainly because the further he caters towards the QAnon types, the more of the not yet brainwashed will not vote for him.

Cannot fathom how any thinking person could vote for a man that tried to overthrow their democracy. Though the way that the electoral college system is set up, it is not very democratic, especially so when one vote can have the same value as 50 in another state for the senate.

I agree with your comments and the very same flaws are in our constitution when it comes to voting for the senate here.It has always been the case that our senate is unrepresentative of the Australian peoples views with power heavily skewed in favour of the smaller populated states.

I agree with your comments and the very same flaws are in our constitution when it comes to voting for the senate here.It has always been the case that our senate is unrepresentative of the Australian peoples views with power heavily skewed in favour of the smaller populated states.

Somewhat agree, though with 6 senators per state, our votes get a much better mix, even if it allows the likes of Hanson and co a seat or two in the upper house. A cost of democracy and the system that allows a seat with such few votes, but thousands, 191 of them voted for her ticket that included George Christensen.

In came down to a relative few number of votes, though as Amanda Stoker who is not much better was the alternative, it matters little. On the flip side, the system has recently provided the likes of Rex Patrick, who actually worked for both state and country. Even Jacqui Lambie, who may not be my choice, but has certainly developed in her role.

Pocock is shaping up as being a great contributor, and on the other side of the coin, others on here are already championing Price. For mine mainly because of her similarities with her US counterpart Candace Owens, that I have also considered to be sell-out for self promotion and enrichment over substance.

That's the whole point mate, 'Murica for all the democracy 'we the people' talk it does, it is not one. Its a Republic. The irony of any Murican that spruiks freedom and democracy is mind numbing, but then again these are the people that on a whole elected Trump and Biden, 2 of the worst Presidents in history in a row. Its a 3rd world country with money. Just look at their health system, its an embarrassment the world over. Neither party will ever do anything about it as it appears an agreed upon thing to use it as a perpetual election promise. The collective IQ of that country is staggering, whether its the Qanon red til dead or the twitterverse blueanons, Blue no matter who. That's why I think Trump will be re-elected.

Last edited:
True democracy dosent really exist. Most western countries only get to vote for a candidate within the same system.

The Swiss model which arranges plebiscite and referenda on key issues is the closest democratic model imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back