Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
@citizen cub said:
If this government gets re-elected, we're. I hate to think what the deficit will be come 2013, I hate to think how many more asylum seekers will be let through our weak borders and I also hate to think how many schools get facilities they don't need under this farce they call the BER. Gillard has no idea, she's ignorant, she's no different to Rudd (probably worse) and would have no chance of winning this election if she wasn't female. Seriously, half the voters are as thick as two short planks, lol, on the night of the great debate, most of them were watching masterchef! You only have to look at how many meatheads have voted the NSW government in 4 times. NSW, once the most thriving state in Australia is now a laughing stock and is nothing compared to Queensland and Victoria (the labor governments are actually okay in those two states)

Julia Gillard has concealed the following offenses of treason from her electorate of Lalor and the people of Australia as the then Deputy Prime Minister.
Concealment of Treason is in fact its self Treason and sequentially charged by private prosecution in the state of Victoria.

Julia Gillard has hidden this charge from the Australian people since 2007 and as she now assumes the Prime Ministerial role of this nation, the truth is beginning to come forward, through free/independent media such as this

Without the required Referendums these two Law Amendments have taken place:

Sections 121 through to 130 of the Acts Amendments Repeal Courts and Legal Practice Act, state the removal of the Crown along with the Oath of Allegiance from Western Australia.

Provided reference here: http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/parliament/bills.nsf/0D8EB9389A615AC448256C5B000CE87F/$File/Bill+153-3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Please note this now an Act)

Also the Oath of Allegiance and Crown were removed from Victoria in the Courts and Tribunals Legislation (Further Amendment) Act 2000

Provided reference here: http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/Domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/PubStatbook.nsf/f932b66241ecf1b7ca256e92000e23be/d94a7f6fe0d89422ca256e5b00213e6d/$FILE/00-051a.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please read document entitled "The Constitution and the Law of Treason"

It is imperative that we act and bring Ms Gillard to Justice.
–-------------------
big rally in melbourne on the 17/8 to lay more charges!!! she gone dudes lol

Good luck with that chilbury. You've got two chances of having her charged with treason, bugger all and none.

@citizen cub said:
There's no way Labor will get back in NSW (as thick as we are), but the Federal government keeping government remains a big possibility and infact is probably the favourite heading into the election. And your right with your first point, many voters don't sit down and think through their decision, most couldn't really care. Adding to your point on compulsory voting, I think they should push the voting age back to 25, I mean, 18 year olds couldn't really couldn't care about the election considering they've got an upcoming HSC, they wouldn't be following the election too closely and would probably just vote for who their parents are.

Firstly, increasing the voting age to 25 is ridiculous. The age group 18-25 should vote as they access many services many age groups in the economy don't, eg tertiary education. In addition, the entire age group pay taxes, so they have a right to vote on what happens with their tax dollars.

I would not write off Labor in NSW. The state is a basket case with huge problems, many of them due to both the government and a lack of funding. In saying that, it is really easy to be an opposition and point out all the problems, but I have yet to see any real solutions from the opposition. Sure, things are sh*te under the current government, but I can't see how the other mob would be any better. In the end, that is decision you as a voter have to make.

I will probably vote for the hottest candidate and I think Kristina wins that category.

@citizen cub said:
If this government gets re-elected, we're. I hate to think what the deficit will be come 2013.

The deficit would be pretty much the same under the Coalition. The vast majority of the deficit is due to a reduction in tax receipts, not government spending. Hockey admitted as much during the treasurer's debate during the week.

The whole discussion on debts/deficits/Labor debt etc is absolute garbage and a hangover from Costelloism. Government debt as a percentage of GDP is about 6% - the topic is not even worth discussing.

@hammertime said:
So you don't think proper Govt regulations in the US could have stopped this downturn?

No, but it would have certainly reduced the severity. In addition, you can't discount the European financial system as well. Europe was in trouble a long time before the US problems started coming to light.

The point of my post was that the economy is huge and as a proportion of GDP, the government's role is very small. Voting for the supposed better "economic manager" is just futile as government economic decisions only have minimal impact, especially compared to the role of the central bank.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hammertime said:
So you don't think proper Govt regulations in the US could have stopped this downturn?

No, but it would have certainly reduced the severity. In addition, you can't discount the European financial system as well. Europe was in trouble a long time before the US problems started coming to light.

The point of my post was that the economy is huge and as a proportion of GDP, the government's role is very small. Voting for the supposed better "economic manager" is just futile as government economic decisions only have minimal impact, especially compared to the role of the central bank.

Doctor Bakerloo is correct….Which Party best liaises with the Reserve Bank in this country?

Hmmm....

Labor at present!!!!!

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hammertime said:

A clearing house for derivatives would have stopped any downturn completely. It means is that capital is transferred when asset values change and a risk premium is paid to the exchange. So, rather than these institutions being highly leveraged and dependent on one another, it forces the cash flow to happen earlier. Massive artificial assets wouldn't have been built up and you wouldn't have had the domino effect that we saw.

True. Government decisions through monetary spending don't have a massive impact. Sometimes they do influence inflation (like spending massively when unemployment is low). But governments do effect markets substantially through policy. Voting for someone who understands economics I think is important.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
I would not write off Labor in NSW. The state is a basket case with huge problems, many of them due to both the government and a lack of funding. In saying that, it is really easy to be an opposition and point out all the problems, but I have yet to see any real solutions from the opposition. Sure, things are sh*te under the current government, but I can't see how the other mob would be any better. In the end, that is decision you as a voter have to make.

I will probably vote for the hottest candidate and I think Kristina wins that category.

Oh come on man, this is disgraceful. Do you read the paper? Barry has listed numerous policies. He just doesn't get the headlines because he isn't 'pretty'.

This government wasted $500 million alone on a Metro that won't even be built! More than half the front bench have been fired in the last 5 years for misconduct. Nothing has been spent on infrastructure (which the naive voters blame on the federal Liberals) and you also say there is a lack of funding?! How about the GST!?!? That was all EXTRA revenue. They were supposed to remove a raft of taxes when that came in, but they never did!

I hope to god that the rest of voters in NSW aren't as complacent as this.

@Gary Bakerloo said:

:laughing: Ridiculous!!!!

Anyone who votes NSW Labor back in obviously does not care and should be ashamed of themselves.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@citizen cub said:
There's no way Labor will get back in NSW (as thick as we are), but the Federal government keeping government remains a big possibility and infact is probably the favourite heading into the election. And your right with your first point, many voters don't sit down and think through their decision, most couldn't really care. Adding to your point on compulsory voting, I think they should push the voting age back to 25, I mean, 18 year olds couldn't really couldn't care about the election considering they've got an upcoming HSC, they wouldn't be following the election too closely and would probably just vote for who their parents are.

Firstly, increasing the voting age to 25 is ridiculous. The age group 18-25 should vote as they access many services many age groups in the economy don't, eg tertiary education. In addition, the entire age group pay taxes, so they have a right to vote on what happens with their tax dollars.

Ahhhh dude your not thinking are you! lol how long has labor been in power in NSW lol?
how the hell did Liberal stuff up the state lol?
come on dude i want to hear this lol :pray:

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@citizen cub said:

Firstly, in regard to your first comment, the age category just mentioned don't have any interest in politics (hence generation Y), most watch reality TV and listen to their Ipods instead of reading newspapers and following these issues and the ones who do have some interest vote on NON-issues like internet censorship, gay marriage, rail lines etc. instead of the big issues like Economic management (Labor have failed), Border protection (Labor have weakened the borders), Pink batts (250, 000 homes at risk) and taxes (Mining tax will weaken the most successful industry in Australia).

Then to say 'I'm voting for the hottest candidate' typifies the type of people who vote, totally oblivious to what the Labor Government has done over the past 15 years. Then you blame the Federal Government for not providing funding to NSW. How could you possibly advocate giving arguably, the worst government in the history of Australian politics a 5TH chance? At least give the Libs a chance to prove themselves. For the record this government has had a former minister and convicted paedophile, a bloke who sexually assaulted a girl outside parliament house, a former police minister dancing naked at a party, a bloke who abused bar people on the Central Coast AND bonked an unknown mistress and power brokers who have assassinated TWO leaders in ONE term!

@citizen cub said:
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@citizen cub said:

Firstly, in regard to your first comment, the age category just mentioned don't have any interest in politics (hence generation Y), most watch reality TV and listen to their Ipods instead of reading newspapers and following these issues and the ones who do have some interest vote on NON-issues like internet censorship, gay marriage, rail lines etc. instead of the big issues like Economic management (Labor have failed), Border protection (Labor have weakened the borders), Pink batts (250, 000 homes at risk) and taxes (Mining tax will weaken the most successful industry in Australia).

Then to say 'I'm voting for the hottest candidate' typifies the type of people who vote, totally oblivious to what the Labor Government has done over the past 15 years. Then you blame the Federal Government for not providing funding to NSW. How could you possibly advocate giving arguably, the worst government in the history of Australian politics a 5TH chance? At least give the Libs a chance to prove themselves. For the record this government has had a former minister and convicted paedophile, a bloke who sexually assaulted a girl outside parliament house, a former police minister dancing naked at a party, a bloke who abused bar people on the Central Coast AND bonked an unknown mistress and power brokers who have assassinated TWO leaders in ONE term!

Rail lines a non issue? :laughing: I see you live at Hunters Hill so its probably not worth the time to point out how important public transport is to a lot of people. You sound like your from Central Casting NSW Lib HQ but for others reading let's look at your points.

Mining Industry tax - are you suggesting they should not be taxed? Are you in favour of having no resources rent tax? If so what level? We're talking about the richest people in Australia making big profits on resources we all own.
Economic Management - World economic experts have praised the way the government handled the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Australia is a global leader in terms of economic performance in the last 2-3 years. Next!
Border Protection - The great dog whistle… Abbott is a disciple of Howard and is trying to replicate 1998 under Howard. He should be ashamed of himself. FACT - Boat people arrivals peaked under Howard. FACT - In terms of immigration, boat arrivals represent an extremely small share of the total. Even when looked at in terms of "illegal" arrivals, people arriving my air are a much greater number. Abbott has said nothing about this as it doesn't have the same scare value as the nasty boat people. Abbott's policy is a joke, Nauru is a basketcase and all Howard did was prop up a corrupt government. FACT - the vast majority of immigrant who went to Nauru ended up in Australia. It was a waste of money and bad policy.
Pink Batts - Good policy poorly implemented. Nothing more can be said. The idea was sound but there was not enough done to ensure the policy wasn't abused.

Now on to your comments re the NSW State Government...

At least get your facts right. If that's a reference to Tripodi it happened inside parliament and he was never charged with sexual assault. Matt Brown was NOT naked at a party. Della Bosca's mistress was known, her identity is a matter of public record. Note I'm not defending these people and you don't need to embellish what some of them did but at least be truthful. In most cases what they did is bad enough based on the truth.

As for the state government, they are a rabble and I have my own views on why this is. Under Carr/Egan they were a good government but its got progressively worse. The Greiner/Fahey government was pretty poor too. I'm prepared to give O'Farrell a chance - he's made a lot of promises so we'll see how he goes. Kenneally has no hope of winning - the Libs winning the next NSW election is the safest bet of all time.

Your so called FACTS are just opinions. In the last 6 years of the Liberal Government, there was an average of THREE boats of third world scum in every year, under Rudd/Gillard they've let 150 boats of the scum into the country in 3 years. And don't give me this crap, Gillard's against a big Australia, she reset her policy because it was Kevin Rudd's weak spot. I don't care how much percent of the immigration intake they take up, 3000 is another 3000 and that's another 3000 unskilled immigrants who are unproductive for the economy and most rely on welfare payments from the government.

Your view on the mining tax is ignorant, your basically saying 'we should tax the bastards because they're already cashed up'. But you've totally forgotten how much of an impact this will have on smaller miners, shares and superannuation. It is the most successful industry in the country and is responsible for making our dollar stronger, no other countries have imposed such a tax. The government claimed it the increased tax rate would go to be used as infrastructure money, but looking at their past record, they'd probably end up wasting it.

And you can't excuse the damage the home insulation scheme caused, 250,000 homes at risk, 4 people dead. The government obviously didn't do their homework on this one. Imagine if your home was at risk?

@citizen cub said:

I resent that. Not every 18-25 year old is completely blinkered when it comes to politics. In fact you'd probably be surprised by the number of people in that demographic that actually take a keen interest in it now, as the electorate is smothered by it in the media.

Generation Y is looked upon as a generation of selfish, ignorant and arrogant freeloaders. I will concede that some of us are, but you mean to tell me that there aren't 40 year old dole bludgers and that Generation Z are babied and spoiled less than we were? You're lucky there are honest hardworking 20-30 year olds like me around to surrender a third of my annual salary so that old tossers with chips on their shoulders have a pension to draw from so that they can spend their miserly later years taking pot shots at everyone.

You do realize CB and Yoss you are conversing with a 15yo…..

The cub has a very old head on young shoulders.....

@Geo. said:
:laughing: You do realize CB and Yoss you are conversing with a 15yo…..

The cub has a very old head on young shoulders.....

You're not wrong there… What is this, the Curious Case of Citizen Cub?

@gary bakerloo said:
@citizen cub said:
there's no way labor will get back in nsw (as thick as we are), but the federal government keeping government remains a big possibility and infact is probably the favourite heading into the election. And your right with your first point, many voters don't sit down and think through their decision, most couldn't really care. Adding to your point on compulsory voting, i think they should push the voting age back to 25, i mean, 18 year olds couldn't really couldn't care about the election considering they've got an upcoming hsc, they wouldn't be following the election too closely and would probably just vote for who their parents are.

firstly, increasing the voting age to 25 is ridiculous. The age group 18-25 should vote as they access many services many age groups in the economy don't, eg tertiary education. In addition, the entire age group pay taxes, so they have a right to vote on what happens with their tax dollars.

I would not write off labor in nsw. The state is a basket case with huge problems, many of them due to both the government and a lack of funding. In saying that, it is really easy to be an opposition and point out all the problems, but i have yet to see any real solutions from the opposition. Sure, things are sh*te under the current government, but i can't see how the other mob would be any better. In the end, that is decision you as a voter have to make.

I will probably vote for the hottest candidate and i think kristina wins that category.

you sound like a typical labor voter judging your book by a cosmetic cover this is our livelihood and you treat it like some beauty pageant.

@citizen cub said:
your so called facts are just opinions. In the last 6 years of the liberal government, there was an average of three boats of third world scum in every year, under rudd/gillard they've let 150 boats of the scum into the country in 3 years. And don't give me this crap, gillard's against a big australia, she reset her policy because it was kevin rudd's weak spot. I don't care how much percent of the immigration intake they take up, 3000 is another 3000 and that's another 3000 unskilled immigrants who are unproductive for the economy and most rely on welfare payments from the government.

Your view on the mining tax is ignorant, your basically saying 'we should tax the bastards because they're already cashed up'. But you've totally forgotten how much of an impact this will have on smaller miners, shares and superannuation. It is the most successful industry in the country and is responsible for making our dollar stronger, no other countries have imposed such a tax. The government claimed it the increased tax rate would go to be used as infrastructure money, but looking at their past record, they'd probably end up wasting it.

And you can't excuse the damage the home insulation scheme caused, 250,000 homes at risk, 4 people dead. The government obviously didn't do their homework on this one. Imagine if your home was at risk?

gillard or abbott pffft my vote goes to citizen cub too bad hes 15 maybe next election cub.and 3000 unskilled migrants trying to impose their way of life on us when their way of life they are risking life and limb to escape.our motto should be australia love it or p*** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back