Potter Coaching Career

1_4_chicken_chips

Will be a short one if he continues with his current selections .Moltzen should be left right out .He offers nothing to our side and i cant remember the last time he did something that helped us win a game . please amybody enlighten me if he has …

I agree. Teddy has to be our fullback we look good when he is at the back.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

We looked so much better when Moltzen went out to the wing and Tedesco played at the back. I think the only thing keeping Timmy in the side these days is the injuries to so many outside backs.

Moltzen has been really good. I can understand why Potter is picking him at 1\. He doesn't deserve to lose his spot but Tedesco is a better player especially at 1.

He's got the right idea among the forwards I feel, but Teddy needs to go to fullback now, I'd almost consider Moltzen at left centre given Lawrence's lack of speed and form and we need a more dynamic winger than Reddy, he just plods along and wouldn't threaten a blade of grass.

Crap on Reddy all you want, but he has out performed Lawrence to such an extent that even opposition players are targeting Chris and ex-origin player over the sloth that is Joel Reddy. That is a massive statement and compliment. I dont care how much of an attacking weapon Lawrence supposedly can be, as I doubt he cover the points he causes to be scored against us.

Plenty of criticism is always pointed at Sheens for poor selections, but he obviously wasnt the only one involved in making the decisions…Lets face it... Some of our senior players still have too much say on some subjects.

Moltzen is there because of the Senior Players, and Miller is in Reggies because of the Senior Players.

Play a Fullback and Halfback today, and we win by 20+...

@Tiger Watto said:
Moltzen is there because of the Senior Players, and Miller is in Reggies because of the Senior Players.

Do you have the ability to be inside Potter's head and somehow divine this. If not you are speaking palava.

Potter is head coach - the team that runs out is on him. I think Moltzen has to be in the team and we look better with MIller not in the team. Maybe Potter has seen the same thing.

OMG Potter is doing it so right for the team and not just for his own glory ,which with the short shortsightedness of the club and fans may be his downfall .I hope not .
New players are being introduced short term to give them a taste ,they are then sent back to practice the things that have been seen as weaknesses in there game ,not left in 1st grade for other coaches to take away any confidence gained by there experience in the top grade.
Miller is a top example ,has had a big taste and now its up to him to get it right and he will given time and patience .
I wonder who will give Potter the same latitude to experiment knowing his goal is to be as competitive as possible with a side bursting with potential but so much to learn.
In my opinion the right choice of coach was made . I also preferred the choice of Sheens over Bellamy but that was because one wanted to come and the other didn't. Potter seems to want to be here and believe he should be given a decent chance to prove he should be . If I am wrong we waste 5yrs . 2 to see what he can do and then 3 to rebuild.

took on worst job in the comp poor roster from recruitment issues and has to contend with the boyz club issues at the club, give the bloke time

He must not be judged on this year alone. It will take time to erradicate the sins of Sheens.

Moltzen has been one of our better players this season. He scored one of our two tries today. Thank God it was him backing up not Lawrence or Ayshford. For the short time he was at half with Teddy at fullback we looked more dynamic in attack.

I agree cobbs, against the broncos i wouldn't mind seeing, anasta to 5/8 moltzen to half, teddy at the back and fingers crossed koro on the wing.

I can't be too critical of Potter. It's a work in progress here at the moment. Lawrence is an interesting situation. Horribly off form right now to the point his confidence is gone. Largely a lot will depend on the injuries out of the game and how bad they are. Right now though Lawrence is skating on thin ice.

@1/4 chicken said:
Will be a short one if he continues with his current selections .Moltzen should be left right out .He offers nothing to our side and i cant remember the last time he did something that helped us win a game . please amybody enlighten me if he has …

I agree from the little I've seen of teddy he is our answer at fullback but to say molten shouldn't be in the team tells me you have no idea, he's been one of our best every week. He is one of very few who look likely, take him away and you'll see how poor our attack really can be.

What can the guy do? he's coaching another man's team. Sure its disappointing, but the kind of yr we're having so far was always on the cards

@BeeJay said:
I agree cobbs, against the broncos i wouldn't mind seeing, anasta to 5/8 moltzen to half, teddy at the back and fingers crossed koro on the wing.

Listening to the press conference today, Potter is happy with swapping Moltzen and Tedesco at various stages of the game to 'get more energy' out of them. His hand will be forced though once Koro comes back unless Reddy goes back to state cup. It must be tough for Potter coming to grips with the mentality of this team for example not playing field position late in second half to have a shot at field goal but rather taking the ball to the left and losing it. A repeat of games/years past not looking to close the game.

Back