Potter signings 4 from 4

larrycorowa

I had my doubts but our 4 signings (Patterson, Gavet, Taupau, Richards) have been great. Waiting to see how Halatau goes.

Seems we now have some depth in most positions….outside backs would be one area that we would need to look to strengthen.

On Gavet Potter had the faith to go with him despite not playing the entire season ..from memory only had a one year deal. So in actual fact Potter is the reason Gavet is at the club.

I'm pretty sure Gavet was Potters first signing.
Signed him up in the first week or so of his time here. Must have had an eye on him and saw his potential before even taking the head coach position here.

Potter signed Gavet on the recommendation of McDonnell.

Funny how there has been no mention of Lulia.

Also how good a signing has Bodene turned out to be. Just what we needed. A backrower with starch who is prepared to do the dirty work.

Will be our Beau Scott in 12 months.

Thanks Tim.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Lulia wasn't a bad signing - we needed depth in the centres and that has been clear as he has been needed to play a few times. He is also a great trainer, he had played under Mick before so brings some good connectiuon into the squad, etc, etc. A signing especially at low cost isn't always about winning matches on thier own its about being in this case a solid back up and he is much better then the centres at the sharks for example

@Boonboon2 said:
Lulia wasn't a bad signing - we needed depth in the centres and that has been clear as he has been needed to play a few times. He is also a great trainer, he had played under Mick before so brings some good connectiuon into the squad, etc, etc. A signing especially at low cost isn't always about winning matches on thier own its about being in this case a solid back up and he is much better then the centres at the sharks for example

See cronulla have told Ayshford to look around for a new club,10 games into a 3 year deal,good call from Potter on that one too.

Yep sorry….Lulia is a definate fail. Maybe good for NSW Cup...I wud prefer Ashford on match payments.

@851 said:
@Boonboon2 said:

See cronulla have told Ayshford to look around for a new club,10 games into a 3 year deal,good call from Potter on that one too.

Definitely! I think Blake should consider a career change, his heart just doesn't seem to be in football.

@MacDougall said:
Yep even Ayshford is better than Lulia. Lulia is the worst player getting runs in the NRL this year.

You're kidding. Remember Ayshford's last few games for the Tigers? People were quite correctly screaming for his head. He was an absolute disgrace. Didn't show any passion, any desire, any skill. Lulia is not going to turn a game, but he is at least prepared to have a dig.

@Flippedy said:
@851 said:
@Boonboon2 said:

Definitely! I think Blake should consider a career change, his heart just doesn't seem to be in football.

It wasn't just his heart. He was truly a crap player.

he's 4/4 from getting rid of people

miller, ayshford, benji, eddy

also

spence, santi and not 100% sure about rudolph yet

Back