Quick question about team prep under Taylor

liltiger

Hi guys hope your all well just a quick question
About our preparation under Taylor now I've never coached a league team but I'm confused.
Everyone knows that Taylor has to be honest with the team but I just for the life of me work out how constantly telling the team we are so far behind the comp can be a good mental approach. The team need the truth but I just think there has to be a better approach how can the team be mentally ready for a game every week if they're always being told they're so far behind the rest of the teams. What do you guys on the forum think is it ok or should another approach be taken, me personally I just think we need to be building the teams confidence instead of Taylor constantly breaking it down by always telling everyone we are so far behind the rest of the comp just so Taylor can save his job,
I just can't see how it can be good for our teams short or long term mentality. Have a great weekend all

@liltiger said:
Hi guys hope your all well just a quick question
About our preparation under Taylor now I've never coached a league team but I'm confused.
Everyone knows that Taylor has to be honest with the team but I just for the life of me work out how constantly telling the team we are so far behind the comp can be a good mental approach. The team need the truth but I just think there has to be a better approach how can the team be mentally ready for a game every week if they're always being told they're so far behind the rest of the teams. What do you guys on the forum think is it ok or should another approach be taken, me personally I just think we need to be building the teams confidence instead of Taylor constantly breaking it down by always telling everyone we are so far behind the rest of the comp just so Taylor can save his job,
I just can't see how it can be good for our teams short or long term mentality. Have a great weekend all

What he says is fine and confidence building.

I just hope the team do not read the WTF - they'll all slash their wrists if they do.

Back