Random thoughts?

citizen_cub

Overall, I was quite impressed with our performance today in front of a MASSIVE crowd. When the cowboys scored off the first set I thought we were in for a flogging. They looked like scoring again a couple of minutes later but thankfully for us they took a penalty goal. Then what was to unleash was out of the blue. Marshall ( at last ) decided to take on line and got the reward. That HAD to give him confidence i thought but he didn't seem to take the line on the next time we were down that end. The next try ( in which Lawrence scored ) was also impressive when Tuiaki was running down the sideline I thought ' we're in for a try here!' and my prediction was right Tuiaki palmed off a couple of player passed it to Marshall and then passed it to Lawrence. As soon as he got the ball i knew he would score. Then came the 50th to the 65th minutes, we gave the cowboys unnecessary possession in our half, I think we made about 5 errors. They made 4 errors but in the 65th minute or somewhere along the lines some big bloke ran out of dummie half and scored. that gave us an awkward 15 minutes ahead of us…..But when Benji pulled off some lengendary work and ran 80 metres i was confident, we then wasted 4 tackles but intelligently ( Corey Payne ) ran out of dummie half and scored and then i new we were home.

Thoughts fellas? :wink:

If Benji gets rid of those couple of poor plays a game he can be one of the top players in the game.

Lawrence & Tuiaki outside of him are dangerous and Gareth Ellis is quality.

It was a good win but I wish they wouldn't have let the cowgirls in at the start.

Cowboys looked flat, especially in the 2nd half, but we also had a real spark. Since Sheens has shuffled the side and started giving the young blokes a go there seems to be more energy out there. Has to be said though that if we didn't have the injuries we've got would we have ever seen Ayshford, Gallant, etc?

Passionate effort today, it's a close comp, you never know what could happen…

Tuiaki was great, but why did he always pass the ball to Gallant on kick returns?

Benj was hot and cold, but still played the dominant role in the halves and its safe to say he played halfback more than 5/8, just like the Souths game.

Moltzen showed he's potentially the best 5/8 this club has had for a long time. Drifts in and out of games, but he has 5/8 written all over him.

Ellis's soft touch was amazing in the 2nd half.

Payten is still terrible

Dwyer is most certainly a player of the future

Ryan was very good.

Gallant was great
\
\
\
Lawrence is down right professional and i wouldnt swap him for anyone….........ok, maybe Inglis, but thats it.

Tuiaki and Lawrence out wide are lethal and should be our 2 wingers. The only bad thing Tuiaki did is when he scored that try in the first half he could have ran closer to the posts. Benji actually missed the conversion of that try.

I think Gibbs could have done more to stop that first try. Not long after that he gave away a stupid penalty. He got hold of the Cowboys leg and wouldn't let go. Lucky he didn't end up in the bin. Skando was OK :slight_smile:

Morris did 2 good things. He tackled Thurston as he was kicking the ball, twice. But he also made a couple of silly mistakes. Ellis made a couple of silly mistake and Moltzen made a silly mistake too.

Payne and Marshall made up for their mistakes.

Farah did good considering he was crook

I reckon Tui passes it so he can take the next hit up…...it .......me off as well.

I reckon Moltzen is a real find in the halves.........did some great things today.

@alien said:
Tuiaki and Lawrence out wide are lethal and should be our 2 wingers. The only bad thing Tuiaki did is when he scored that try in the first half he could have ran closer to the posts. Benji actually missed the conversion of that try.

**I think Gibbs could have done more to stop that first try. Not long after that he gave away a stupid penalty.** He got hold of the Cowboys leg and wouldn't let go. Lucky he didn't end up in the bin. Skando was OK :slight_smile:

Morris did 2 good things. He tackled Thurston as he was kicking the ball, twice. But he also made a couple of silly mistakes. Ellis made a couple of silly mistake and Moltzen made a silly mistake too.

Payne and Marshall made up for their mistakes.

Farah did good considering he was crook

He dont hang on they probably score.

We kept inviting them back into it in the 2nd half and never got more than 12 ahead until Bowen giving us the penalty with about 10 to go.

Its like were scared to get too far ahead, I know thats silly and thered be reasons why, the bench, young players on etc, us easing, cowboys desperate, but it irks me we rarely seem to play for 80, but I guess our ladder standing is reflective of this

@king sirro said:
Tuiaki was great, but why did he always pass the ball to Gallant on kick returns?

Benj was hot and cold, but still played the dominant role in the halves and its safe to say he played halfback more than 5/8, just like the Souths game.

Moltzen showed he's potentially the best 5/8 this club has had for a long time. Drifts in and out of games, but he has 5/8 written all over him.

Ellis's soft touch was amazing in the 2nd half.

Payten is still terrible

Dwyer is most certainly a player of the future

Ryan was very good.

Gallant was great
\
\
The ploy for TNT to throw the ball to Gallant was a GREAT tactic. Instead of retrieving the kick and running into the wall, he than got the chance to take the next hit up and run at the little men in the middle of ruck. Worked a treat

Lawrence is down right professional and i wouldnt swap him for anyone….........ok, maybe Inglis, but thats it.

@Scotto said:
Cowboys looked flat, especially in the 2nd half, but we also had a real spark. Since Sheens has shuffled the side and started giving the young blokes a go there seems to be more energy out there. Has to be said though that if we didn't have the injuries we've got would we have ever seen Ayshford, Gallant, etc?

Passionate effort today, it's a close comp, you never know what could happen…

COWS LOOKED FLAT FOR ONE BIG REASON
they blew themselves out in the first 25 … we couldnt stop their fast play the balls ....the 2 points they took slowed their momentum then we blew them off the park .....

My thoughts are -

Sheens - please explain

and

Rugby League is traditional venues !!!

Not sure if I saw it right but Payten looked very disappointed when Gallant didn't pass him the ball for that try.

Loved seeing Morris jump on Thurston whenever he got the ball.

@Staks said:
My thoughts are -

Sheens - please explain

and

Simple …..Sheens has stopped Coaching them

Hey you reckon the would have made a profit out of Leichhardt yesterday?....For that matter do you think the traditional venues would have turned a profit this year?

@Geo. said:
@Staks said:
My thoughts are -

Sheens - please explain

and

Hey you reckon the would have made a profit out of Leichhardt yesterday?....For that matter do you think the traditional venues would have turned a profit this year?

I reckon they would have made a profit for sure with 3 games played throughout the day and a solid crowd in. It wouldn't come close to the $100k per game we make at the SFS though.

@Geo. said:
@Staks said:
My thoughts are -

Sheens - please explain

and

Yes, they make a profit from every home game.

Latest posts

Members online

Back