Rd 22. BRET Team vs Newtown @ Sat 5th Sept. @ Henson @ 3pm

Aladinsane

Balmain Ryde Eastwood Coach Paul Fletcher has announced his squad to take on Newtown.
The game is scheduled for Henson Park on Saturday 5th September.

Kick off is at 3.00pm.
This is the second leg of the Ryan/Pringle Shield which we are trying to retain after winning the shield in 2008.

1.Sean Meaney
2.Billy Callaway
3.Lee Bennett c
4.Brett Lane
5.Javarn White

6.Gavin Cowan
7.Josh Lewis

8.Fletcher Hawkins

9.Ryan Carr
10.Eloni Vunakece
11.Dean Webster
12.Willie Mataka
13.Jared Farlow

**INTERCHANGE**
14.Liam Roach
15.Matthew Ryan
16.Ben Falcone
17.Junior Rogica

**PLAYERS OUT**
Matthew Davidson - Back - season
Al Schirnack - NRL
Baden Hall - wrist - season
Mat Parata - ankle
Luke McInnes - Shoulder season
Steve Moses - Broken Arm - season
Franco Kmet - ankle - season
Rhys Hanbury - NRL
Peni Tagive - Shoulder season

@balmain1 said:
Where's Gower?? Don't tell me he has finally got the call up??

He has, along with Schirnack who replaces Skando on the bench.

A tough ask for the guys with both of last weeks starting props called up to the NRL.

White on the wing is a real worry

They will put in 100% regardless and it would not suprise me to see at least one of the guys back up from Friday night

Ill be heading down to the game after work today only a 20min walk. Its my first BRET game that I have watched this season so I am hoping the boys can get up for me.

@Tap Twist Snap said:
Anyone have a score update?

Think they just said 16-6 Halftime Tigers on the radio. Might have heard that wrong though.

Bad luck for BRET but hopefully they bounce back for the finals.

Crouching jinx showed up at half time and it was all downhill from there

A dissapointing performance but a few players were rested. Young Makaui (sp?) got a run off the bench which was good to see.

Farlow & Mataka were our best for mine

They seemed to get a rough deal on some of the decisions in the second half too, which led to a loss of discipline. Does anyone who/where they play next week?

Wentworthville at Ringrose Park I imagine. No idea on day or time yet though

**Jets stay alive as Tigers stumble**
Sep 7, 2009
\
\
The Newtown Jets earned themselves a place in the finals on Saturday with an impressive 32 - 22 point win over the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers.
\
\
The Newtown Jets earned themselves a place in the finals on Saturday with an impressive 32 - 22 point win over the Balmain Tigers despite being down 16 - 6 at half time.
Although there was some valiant efforts in the first 40 minutes, with the Tigers using aggressive tactics to keep the Jets off balanced and out of their half, the game was won in the second half.
Down 16 - 6 the Jets had hard yards to get themselves back into the game, and the Tigers laid it on a platter for them. It was like two different sides came out onto the pitch, gone was the energetic Tigers, composed and controlled, replaced by a side that couldn't complete one set in four.
But not to take anything away from the Bluebags, they really found heart, playing their best to the 3000 strong crowd at Henson Park. The Jets Tavite Vatuvei was unstoppable, creating havoc throughout the Tigers ranks, often making quick unexpected breaks, which yielded massive gains. None so astounding as when he took a penalty tap from 5 metres out, ran solo into the entire Tigers defence, and won. Scoring next to the posts to give the Jets the lead they would take to the end.
On the other side, the Tigers were plagued with simple mistakes. They couldn't break their own forty without dropping the ball, and the amount of forward passes had touch judges raising their flags every second set.
\
\
However the form of David Gower, fresh off his 1st grade win the night prior was true to form, as he was a beckon for the Tigers to rally around. Similarly Sioeli Makaui made a huge impact from dummy half as a late replacement for Ryan Carr, out on a hamstring injury.

Tu'U Maori was the Jets powerhouse, taking 2 tries and 6 goals.

Overall it was a disappointing effort from the Tigers going into the finals, who really need to get their mentality in order if they are going to beat Wentworthville at home next week in the Semi's. However the result was never going to affect their standing, and as for the Jets, it was a fantastic vibe from the crowd as they kept their hopes alive at least till they face off against the minor premiers Bankstown Bulls.

Next week, we take on Wentworthville on Saturday at Ringrose Park. Kick off is a t 2.30pm.

I have to admit the vibe at Henson Park was fantastic on a sunny Saturday afternoon , with I reckon over 2,000 fans, a lot drinking KB.
Throw in a glossy (in colour) Rugby League Review and Entrance & parking right up against the Oval….for only $10...great value

@Aladinsane said:
I have to admit the vibe at Henson Park was fantastic on a sunny Saturday afternoon , with I reckon over 2,000 fans, a lot drinking KB.
Throw in a glossy (in colour) Rugby League Review and Entrance & parking right up against the Oval….for only $10...great value

2000?? You are kidding aren't you?? Henson NEVER pulls a crowd of less than 9000 according to the ground announcer.

What a great day at Henson Park. Although would have preferred a better result :cry: Hopefully we will have Schirnack, Gower and Hanbury back this week. It seems to me when Lewis fires up the team go so much better. He had a shocker on the weekend so lets hope he's on his game this weekend. Would be great to get Parata back but not holding my breath.

Back