Refereeing destroying the Game

Spartan117

Staff member
Forum Leader
The Game of NRL in general has become a disaster.

The scrum decision is ridiculous, so much so the commentators are baffled.

I'm livid

I am growing to hate the game and no longer watch the other non tigers games whilst in years past would watch every game every round.

Garbage from the Refs and even worse from the bunker.

Destroying the game I once loved.

Last edited:
@kingrobbie said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450696) said:
@spartan117 said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450606) said:
**The Game has become a disaster.**

The scrum descission is ridiculous so much so the commentators are baffled.

**Im.livid**

I am growing to hate the game and no longer watch the other non tigers games whilst in years past would watch every game every round.

Destroying the hame I once loved.
>

everyone gets bad calls, the good teams deal with it.

Should’ve played better regardless if we got some bad calls.

I sort of agree

My opinion pushes past the tigers

The standard of league has dropped immensly

The gap between teams has been exposed immensly

Ever since the head knock rule was introduced the inconsistency has become more apparent

Worst footy season overall in terms of nrl in ages

you see how hard the ref worked for the raiders last night? or when cook got shafted for not being square when he pinched the ball in the play the ball? He stood directly in front of the ball and the penrith player moved away only for cook to be penalized....
killing the game

Reactions: BZN
@thedaboss said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450716) said:

**Im.livid**

We played shit; everyone gets bad calls, the good teams deal with it.

I sort of agree

Ever since the head knock rule was introduced the inconsistency has become more apparent

I still watch every game.

In terms of the refs tho I just think our fans are upset cause we’re bad.

Good teams beat the ref calls even if they’re inconsistent.

Imo that call wasn't great but besides that it's been fair enough.

@kingrobbie said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450737) said:
@thedaboss said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450716) said:

**Im.livid**

Stupid statement.

We played shit; everyone gets bad calls, the good teams deal with it.

I sort of agree

I still watch every game.

In terms of the refs tho I just think our fans are upset cause we’re bad.

Good teams beat the ref calls even if they’re inconsistent.

i still watch every game as well

however its still not as good as previous years, it has downgraded massively...ask any other fan

💯 percent agree. Refs decide, who gets a roll on and who wins more often than not. It's quite disgraceful. We didn't deserve a win today, but we deserve to be given fair and reasonable calls after a bunker review.

why is stupid because you don't agree? Real mature response lol.

I totally agree the reffing has been the worst I have seen in years. Yes it massively impacts games. Yes it makes them less enjoyable. I also watch less footy partly because of it.

You need only watch the flow of games to notice that the refs CONTROL the game now. Is it totally their fault? of course not but their impact on games of footy is now at the same place as netball. Im not saying they knowingly cheat or anything but they have way to much say in how a game plays out.

@hodgo said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450753) said:

I totally agree the reffing has been the worst I have seen in years. Yes it massively impacts games. Yes it makes them less enjoyable. I also watch less footy partly because of it.

You need only watch the flow of games to notice that the refs CONTROL the game now. Is it totally their fault? of course not but their impact on games of footy is now at the same place as netball. Im not saying they knowingly cheat or anything but they have way to much say in how a game plays out.

why would I

@kingrobbie said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450794) said:

I said it’s stupid because I think it’s a stupid statement, why would I say it if I didn’t think it’s stupid??

My goodness there’s some flops on this forum.

again why not just say you disagree why make emotionally charged comments?

**Im.livid**

I am 100% the same. Not even interested im the game anymore... those wallads destroyed our game.

@hodgo said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450814) said:

I said it’s stupid because I think it’s a stupid statement, why would I say it if I didn’t think it’s stupid??

It’s not emotionally charged, I think statement brought on by years of mediocrity. The scrum decision had little impact on the remainder of how they played today.

If anything I think the OP is the emotionally charged one.

@kingrobbie said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450862) said:

It’s not emotionally charged, I think it’s a stupid statement brought on by years of mediocrity. The scrum decision had little impact on the remainder of how they played today.

i dont disagree with your statement about the scrum. but calling someone else's opinion stupid and then labeling someone else a flop is definitely going to get an emotional reaction anyway thats enough from me.

It has been getting worse the last 3 years.

Hilarious listening to Robinson & roosters fans whinging about the refereeing, when they are getting what average teams usually get

Reactions: BZN
@kingrobbie said in [2021 Reffereeing destroying the Game](/post/1450862) said:

why would I say it if I didn’t think it’s stupid??

>

It’s not emotionally charged, I think it’s a stupid statement brought on by years of mediocrity. The scrum decision had little impact on the remainder of how they played today.

Gotta say I agree. A couple of our bigger name players have had a few goes at forcing us into the 8 over recent years, and they fluff it every time.

The refs aren't the problem with me enjoying NRL, the Wests Tigers are.

That was one of the worst decisions of the year. It happens every game, 5 times a game. But they decide to pull it up against the Tigers in one of the biggest game of the year. Its rubbish.

Unfortunately, our side is not good enough to defend calls like this.

Wests Tigers are the only thing destroying my love of the game…but ask me in 5 mins coz my opinion always changes. Love hate relationships.

I agree that it was an absolute joke of a decision and did not look to impede that player that made the tackle in any way.

Read that again.. he was held in the scrum but was able to essentially make that tackle, even though a try followed.

However, we were never going to win that game.
Absolutely TERRIBLE game plan.
This team, madge summed it up perfectly when he said, "dam, u guys have got me... 🤦‍♂️😪"

Back