Ricky.......

@Mystery said:
I'm sorry but geo u must never have played footy before for the tigers to go out n not respect there opposition would be askin for a floggin. Showin respect for ur opponent is one of the first things ur taught once u get beyond u13's.

I have played…but anyway the players can have respect for each other sure I agree it's paramount...and I think most players do it shows at the end of games, their are a few exceptions...... I should have made myself clearer sorry.... it was more Stuart and the Sharks organisation I have no respect for...

Some are saying they did the right thing in punting the morons who did them such a disservice according to Ricky last night, now they are being blamed for the predicament on the field....It was under his and Zappia's leadership that fostered their environment in the first place....Ricky was quoted as he would take Bird back in a heatbeat and thaat being overseas and away from the 'limelight' will do him the world of good.....So he must still have him under his wing....

Zappia really led the club with distinction couldn't even get backyard deals right....All the time crying poor to the NRL to stay afloat...They have got sponsers pulling out left right and centre....no respect for that.....never

As I said before I'm glad we have Sheens.....

You have to respect Cronulla for dumping their problem players and doing the right thing by the NRL.

Same for Melbourne instantly suspending Inglis.

On the otherhand you have scum like Many that are happy to play Stewart with a serious sexual assault
charge hanging over his head that could lead to serious gaol time.

Chalk and cheese really.

Have less respect for Manly Broncos,Knights,Dogs in their day, Roorters, Raiders eventually, for sticking by problems and trying to help the morons out…

How many players have Wests Tigers had go astray recently...Gibbs running away from a taxi...have a heap of respect for that.....

It's not about the players ...It's about the morals some clubs stoop to I agree

If some can respect that fine...

he had the highs at the roosters.
now he is having the other end at the sharks.
how he comes thru this will show alot about him.
no use blaming players who have left.
you have to do the best with what you have available.

@Defiant said:
You have to respect Cronulla for dumping their problem players and doing the right thing by the NRL.

On the otherhand you have scum like Many that are happy to play Stewart with a serious sexual assault

Chalk and cheese really.

According to Ray Hadley ( and yes i know that means squat) Melbourne didn't instantly suspend Inglis but were hoping that an apology would suffice. It was only when News Ltd stepped in that the board made the decision to dump him.

@Geo. said:
….a tear in his eye.....

post match media,,,,said he had players who shouldn't be in first grade....Injuries serious and two players on report?

Gee.....what's the word......

He looks absolutely shattered..... :laughing:

I think thats a little hard mate! Ricky looks wasted poor bloke, he was speaking from the heart his team is in Shatters !!!
Let me tell you this its going to be a hard game for us this weekend people! them young sharkies are going to throw everything they have at us!
It won't be a walk in the Park!!

@diedpretty said:
@Defiant said:

Chalk and cheese really.

According to Ray Hadley ( and yes i know that means squat) Melbourne didn't instantly suspend Inglis but were hoping that an apology would suffice. It was only when News Ltd stepped in that the board made the decision to dump him.

YES!!! and we all know who owns STORM don't we???????? News Ltd

Lol when i first saw this thread I thought it was going to be about what Ricky is going to whinge about after next weeks press conference as he seems to whinge every week.

@westTAHger said:
he had the highs at the roosters.
now he is having the other end at the sharks.
how he comes thru this will show alot about him.
no use blaming players who have left.
you have to do the best with what you have available.

He was good at the roosters because the club has money and can basically offer any player they want to the club with $$$$ incenticies aswell.

At the sharks they can't afford the same quailty of players as the roosters and therefore it shows how great of a coach ricky stuart really is around a bunch of no name players. It is really showing this year.

he wasnt good at the roosters ….he walked in after muzza had done all the hard work and built up a good side ....gould was the man behind the scenes who was calling the shots ....

One would hope we are belting Cronulla so badly at half time Ricky is seen sobbing like a petulant child

I feel a bit sorry for Sticky this year. Incidents from the past have been constantly re-hashed and the club has copped an absolute hammering from absolutely everyone, lining up to kick them while they are down. Add to that the fact a lot of his players are stuffing up off the field and leaving the club little choice but to sack them, decimating his roster, add in a biggish injury toll, and he's all of a sudden got a team with next to no experience, he's doing it really tough. Not a big fan of the man, but I do admire his passion.

@Marshall_magic said:
I feel a bit sorry for Sticky this year. Incidents from the past have been constantly re-hashed and the club has copped an absolute hammering from absolutely everyone, lining up to kick them while they are down. Add to that the fact a lot of his players are stuffing up off the field and leaving the club little choice but to sack them, decimating his roster, add in a biggish injury toll, and he's all of a sudden got a team with next to no experience, he's doing it really tough. Not a big fan of the man, but I do admire his passion.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy imo. He has always been a petulant child (from smeg).

@Marshall_magic said:

I dont really feel sorry for him, If i do feel sorry for anyone, its the players, but not him. I dont think i could ever feel sorry for him.

@Jazza said:
@Marshall_magic said:

I dont really feel sorry for him, If i do feel sorry for anyone, its the players, but not him. I dont think i could ever feel sorry for him.

It's moreso the club as a whole, they've copped it from everywhere this year. It's definitely had a bad effect on Ricky, he looks incredibly frustrated, borderline unstable. Like I said, I don't like the guy, but I do admire the passion he shows, it's sad to see him this way.

@Defiant said:

Chalk and cheese really.

I have to agree with that Defiant, as much as I hate Melbourne and dislike Sticky at least they have done the right thing in that regard.

Back