Right Side Attack

hadds75

Our right side attack is so unthreatening. Ryan and Ayshford both have nothing to them, no size, no speed, no footwork. Everytime we go to thsi side im just happy the players dont get smashed, or lose the ball, or go out, as opposed to creating somthing. In contrast on the other side with Tuiaki and Lawrence you feel will do somthing everytime it goes that way.

Somwhere in the future, someone with at least a bit of pace, or footwork or somthing has to jump onto that side.

I think Ayshford is doing a fine job and he looked dangerous a couple of times. He got the ball in traffic everytime today, so u cant expect too much. The inside men need to do better to get our centre's one on one, then we'll see more from them. Ayshfords height and ability to hit the hole will be a grwat asset for us.

Would love to know what Ayshford did wrong…..you might want to know we don't leak as many points down that side of the field as we where at the begining of the year with Collis/Ryan...

Watch Ayshford when he gets into space....it will happen soon....

@Geo. said:
Would love to know what Ayshford did wrong…..you might want to know we don't leak as many points down that side of the field as we where at the begining of the year with Collis/Ryan...

hes done nothing wrong, but IMO hes being groomed for lock next year at some point, but like i said ryan needs to go he doesnt offer anything really

I think Ayshford has done well in the centres since he has come into firstgrade. Alot of people want him at lock forward or at five eighth but I think he should be kept at centre. Beau is lucky that he is still in firstgrade when we have players like Pritchard, Hanbury, Davis and Collis in the lower grades. I'm afraid Beau's time could almost be up. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

@Geo. said:

Not a case of him doing anything wrong, im just saying when it goes to Ayshford and Ryan you know absolutely nothing is doing.

On your 2nd point, im not sure, Ayshford and Ryans side have come up with a fair few misses. Without even thinking several instances against Warriors, Dragons and Souths.

I like Ayshford in the centres. He's not an outright speedster but with his long strie and a bit of room to move, he goes alright. Problem for mine is Ryan on the wing as he isn't big and isn't a speedster. I think we're stuck until next season to see a change there but I'd like to see Pritchard get a go.

I think this has more to do with Benji being the main playmaker, and staying on the left side. That's why Lawrence/Ellis/Tuiaki get more ball.

Ayshford isn't a speed demon but has good size, knowledge and is a reasonable defender who will really improve with some time in the gym. Ryan on the other hand won't get any better than what he is now. His lack of explosive pace outside someone who has a similar problem, makes this issue seem more apparent.

Next year I don't think we will see Ryan there. 3 outside back signings means he will probably be moved on. I like Ayshford in the centres but appears he will end up in the back-row sooner rather than later. Daniela, Tupou and Brown are candidates than.

@Zaibatsu said:
Fix:

1\. Gallant
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Ayshford
4\. Collis
5\. Lawrence

Ok I have to ask….Why would you shift our best centre who has struck a sensational relationship with his winger that's produced how many tries this year....To replace a winger that while ordinary holds his own....Then bring a player who has always shown to struggle when he comes back from injury....who isn't even at the club next year in Collis....

Sheens gets bagged for playing players out of position in order to strengthen a percieved weakness....Yet here you are Z doing exactly the same thing....

Pritchard is your replacement for Ryan.....

Our left side is real good and yes we need to somehow get our right side to offer more. Moltzen has helped this as he is playing there.

I'd like to see Ayshford kick on or maybe Ryan replaced at some point but I think its a bit harsh on both of them. If Collis wasn;t leaving I'd like to see him back on the right side but atm I'd leave Ayshford there.

@Zaibatsu said:
Fix:

1\. Gallant
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Ayshford
4\. Collis
5\. Lawrence

Dont agree in shifting our best centre out of position especially for a guy who is leaving the club at the end of season and who has under performed for last 3 seasons.

@Alan Sharsh said:
@Zaibatsu said:
Fix:

1\. Gallant
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Ayshford
4\. Collis
5\. Lawrence

Dont agree in shifting our best centre out of position especially for a guy who is leaving the club at the end of season and who has under performed for last 3 seasons.

I think the wing is his position… His best games for us when he first came to first grade were on the wing, his pace and kick returns were lethal... Recently he hasn't done much at all playing in the centres.

We cannot afford Collis defending inside Benji. It is as simple as that for mine.

Collis is not up to defending a Watmough or a Stewart after no football for so long

@Zaibatsu said:
@Alan Sharsh said:
@Zaibatsu said:
Fix:

1\. Gallant
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Ayshford
4\. Collis
5\. Lawrence

I think the wing is his position… His best games for us when he first came to first grade were on the wing, his pace and kick returns were lethal... Recently he hasn't done much at all playing in the centres.

yeah i agree with Z, lawrence isnt getting the ball in the centres anyway atleast on the wing he has the pace and strength to finish off breaks, and on kick returns his potential is unlimited (why i want him at fullback) remember the game vs dragons in 07 where he caught that bomb on our goal line busted out of 2 tackles then out ran both morris boys to score a lenght of the field try?

thats what i want to see from lawrence not 20 tackles a game

Back