RIP Keith "Golden Boots" Barnes (1934 - 2024)

Was only think about him yesterday. My sympathies to the Balmain side of the merger. He was a great player, a great goalkicker and an absolute gentleman. Both clubs have lost so many of our heroes in the past few years.

RIP, Keith Barnes. A stalwart for the Tigers and for Rugby League.
Keith “Golden Boots” Barnes was inducted into the NSW Hall of Champions. The man will live forever.
Condolences to the family.

My greatest memories as a teenager was sitting on the hill at L.O. in the sixties and watching the Tigers and golden boots Keith Barnes
When he was playing you knew you were in with a chance
One memory that lingers is the day we beat the unbeatable Dragons on a windy day at
LO .We were down a point and got a penalty 10 m in on halfway on the bell
Well he kicked it !
RIP Barnsey and thanks for all the great moments

Sad news indeed. An absolute giant as a player and as an administrator. A man of great honour, integrity and a tireless worker. He built a fantastic side in the 80s and largely held them together for a long time on a smaller budget than rival clubs. I remember seeing him at all the BDRLFC AGMs even after he no longer held a position.

Keith Barnes was my idol as a kid.
Proudly wore my Balmain jersey with the number one on it everywhere i went.
Had the pleasure of meeting him when I grew up and, as everyone describes him, found him to be a real gentleman.
Vale to the great man.... Golden Boots.

Recall he retired in 1968 and the Tigers won the competition the next year, it was such a shame he didn't play on for one more year as he thoroughly deserved premiership glory. Was a great player, administrator and gentleman, RIP Keith.

My greatest memories as a teenager was sitting on the hill at L.O. in the sixties and watching the Tigers and golden boots Keith Barnes
When he was playing you knew you were in with a chance
One memory that lingers is the day we beat the unbeatable Dragons on a windy day at
LO .We were down a point and got a penalty 10 m in on halfway on the bell
Well he kicked it !
RIP Barnsey and thanks for all the great moments
Thanks Stevec. I was there that day too. Keith was a great player. It was one of those impossible victories. Rest In Peace.

Back