Robbie Farah could make shock NRL return

tigersrule4life

WESTS Tigers could receive a massive boost ahead of their blockbuster Friday night clash with the Roosters, with captain Robbie Farah a possible late inclusion in the side.

Foxsports.com.au has been told Farah will be given a fitness test on Thursday to determine whether he can be rushed back into the side at least two weeks ahead of schedule after dislocating his elbow in round six.
Farah returned to field training with his club on Monday after just three weeks of rehab and strength work, with Tigers coach Mick Potter confirming that Farah was likely to return in next Saturday’s clash with Cronulla.

However, his recovery has so impressed club officials that the Tigers’ most important player is now considered an outside chance to line up on Friday night.

When contacted on Thursday morning, the Tigers denied Farah would be put through his paces in a fitness test but confirmed the skipper would be involved in Thursday’s captain’s run.

He’s having a run with the boys, he’s not having a fitness test as such, but he’s having a run,” a Tigers spokesman said.

“I think it’s unlikely he’ll play. He’s more of a chance for next week.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/wests-tigers-captain-robbie-farah-could-make-shock-nrl-return-against-sydney-roosters/story-e6frf3wu-1226910058392

I think they'll be better off giving him another week rather than push things

would love to see him play so potter can can get a look at farah,brooks and austin on the field together before anasta is due back.

If he's good to go then I see no reason not to play him

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Given it's a long season, nobody expects us to win and Farah is so important to our teams sucess let him rest another week.

Farah is an inspiration to our team and glad he is playing for us.

I would play the cautious card and hold Robbie back for the Sharks game….

robbie's injury was a freak injury with hyperextension of the elbow. he is either 100% or 0%. i said as soon as they said that the bone didn't break that he would be back in less than 2-3 weeks

Why is this a shock? A few including myself have been saying he will be back for this game. History shows Robbie is one Tigers player who always returns early.

I dont think he's over the line yet, but he will try to play on Friday thats for sure. Fingers crossed.

Return so he can play like he did against the warriors when he was injured? Play injured like sironen did in the pre-season where he broke his toe? I think they'd much better off waiting so he gets it right.

@king sirro said:
Why is this a shock? A few including myself have been saying he will be back for this game. History shows Robbie is one Tigers player who always returns early.

I dont think he's over the line yet, but he will try to play on Friday thats for sure. Fingers crossed.

Im with you

So often we see players injured for WT and the return date getting pushed back however Farah does come back soon..

He may get some criticism at times but he is a tough cookie ..
I understand it will be a risk coming back sooner if he is not a 100% but im sure Farah knows far too well if he is ready or not

+ 1 for courage

@king sirro said:

Thought it was a chance of happening its 4 weeks tomorrow which was the normal time for that type of injury , but is it worth the risk ??

@happy tiger said:
@king sirro said:

Thought it was a chance of happening its 4 weeks tomorrow which was the normal time for that type of injury , but is it worth the risk ??

Its a hard call isnt it. Really does seem a long shot winning this game so why risk him. But i thought we were long odds to beat Souths and we did. Guess we have to trust Robbie and the docs

@king sirro said:
@happy tiger said:
@king sirro said:

Its a hard call isnt it. Really does seem a long shot winning this game so why risk him. But i thought we were long odds to beat Souths and we did. Guess we have to trust Robbie and the docs

I felt we had a small chance v Souths , I'm just hoping we stand tall and strong and keep them to under a 12 point loss

I'm going to put it out there , if we beat the Roosters tomorrow it could well be the club's finest moment in a non finals match

Members online

Back