Roster Breakdown: 2023-2027

Roster Breakdown
The listed players are based on the official contract lists, not speculation or rumour.

Updated when new signings, contract extensions, or releases are made.

2023 - 30/30
1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Tommy Talau
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore

18. Charlie Staines
19. Asu Kepaoa
20. Starford To’a
21. Junior Tupou
22. Brandon Wakeham
23. Justin Matamua
24. Brandon Tumeth
25. Alex Seyfarth
26. Rua Ngatikaura
27. Tukimihia Simpkins
28. Triston Reilly
29. Sione Fainu
30. Apisalome Saukuru
Coach: Tim Sheens

2024 - 22/30
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Asu Kepaoa
5. Junior Tupou
6. Adam Doueihi
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore

18. Starford To’a
19. Justin Matamua
20. Brandon Tumeth
21. Rua Ngatikaura
22. Triston Reilly
23. Sione Fainu
24. Josh Feledy

2025 - 9/30
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Josh Feledy
8. Joe Ofahengaue
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

15. Justin Matamua
Coach: Benji Marshall

2026 - 1/30
12. John Bateman

2027 - 0/30

That 2026 team looks promising! Giddy up

Roster Breakdown
The listed players are based on the official contract lists, not speculation or rumour.

Updated when new signings, contract extensions, or releases are made.

2023 - 29/30
1. Adam Doueihi
2. Charlie Staines
3. Brent Naden
4. Tommy Talau
5. Junior Tupou
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Luke Brooks
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Daine Laurie
15. Alex Twal
16. Shawn Blore
17. Asu Kepaoa

18. Jake Simpkin
19. Alex Seyfarth
20. Starford To’a
21. Joe Ofahengaue
22. Justin Matamua
23. David Nofoaluma
24. Brandon Tumeth
25. Rua Ngatikaura
26. Tukimihia Simpkins
27. Triston Reilly
28. Sione Fainu
29. Apisalome Saukuru

2024 - 22/30
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Asu Kepaoa
5. Junior Tupou
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore

18. Starford To’a
19. Justin Matamua
20. Brandon Tumeth
21. Rua Ngatikaura
22. Triston Reilly
23. Sione Fainu
24. Josh Feledy

2025 - 9/30
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Josh Feledy
8. Joe Ofahengaue
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

15. Justin Matamua

2026 - 1/30
12. John Bateman

2027 - 0/30

Updated to include Maumalo’s release.

Gents,

I can't believe that with the coaching staff we have and the new squad members we have that we are in exactly the same position as last year.

The fact is and we all know it. We need to drop Brooks. Simple.

Our side should be:

1. Laurie/To'a
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Kepaoa/Talau
5. Tupou

6. Doueihi - Bigger body, ball play and kicking.
7. Wakeham - Basic first receiver and halfback play, including the occasioanl kick. (which is all we need).

8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klem
11. Papi
12. JB
13. Big Joe

14. Jakey
15. Blore
16. Pole
17. Twal

Depth - Nofa, Matamua, Seyfarth, Simpkins, Rua, plus one of the fullback and centre options.

Inmy opinion, that should be our team.

Gents,

I can't believe that with the coaching staff we have and the new squad members we have that we are in exactly the same position as last year.

The fact is and we all know it. We need to drop Brooks. Simple.

Our side should be:

1. Laurie/To'a
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Kepaoa/Talau
5. Tupou

7. Wakeham - Basic first receiver and halfback play, including the occasioanl kick. (which is all we need).

8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klem
11. Papi
12. JB
13. Big Joe

14. Jakey
15. Blore
16. Pole
17. Twal

Depth - Nofa, Matamua, Seyfarth, Simpkins, Rua, plus one of the fullback and centre options.

Inmy opinion, that should be our team.
How does Doueihi makes the side? He is appalling.

He is performing badly because, 1. he had Brooks alongside him. 2. He is not a fullback.

He is our best option at 6 by a mile.

We need to stop rotating players out of their best positions to persevere with and preserve the career of Luke Brooks. Enough is enough.
I agree 100%

He plays 6 or he doesn't play at all.
Put a second rower body guard by him as we know he can't defend.

Like Roosters have done for years protecting their weak defender 6.

Coach needs to coach,
It's literally abysmal from the top down at this club.

Honestly I think Brooks is 100 times better than Doueihi and deserves the 6 spot on a platter. Doueihi needs to play centre/edge backrower and work on his game probably in reserves.

I used to think like you do. I was arguing our halves were going to be Hastings and Doueihi. I now cannot see Doueihi making it as a decent spine player at any point in time.

I agree 100%

Coach needs to coach,

For me Staines would be fullback Laurie at 6 Wakeham at 7,both AD and LB should be consigned to reggies indefinately as both are doing nothing to deserve selection.The chances are Sheens will pick them both again this week as he is as stubborn as a mule

We can’t keep shifting players but we need to pick players in their correct positions, simplify their role and just run with it, we have slim pickings because we have a badly structured roster depth wise mixed with trying to make players play something that isn’t their natural game style.

Reactions: BZN
I agree 100%

Coach needs to coach,

Thing is we have that now.
He isn’t right since his injury, can see his lateral movement and planting of the feet are significant issues for him which an inside forward can’t cover. If you watch him closely for all his misses he actually hesitates & tries to set himself and then it’s too late rather than attack defensively. He just isn’t right unfortunately.

I agree 100%

Coach needs to coach,
I vote; not at all.

Thing is we have that now.
He isn’t right since his injury, can see his lateral movement and planting of the feet are significant issues for him which an inside forward can’t cover. If you watch him closely for all his misses he actually hesitates & tries to set himself and then it’s too late rather than attack defensively. He just isn’t right unfortunately.
Good assessment.

Should've been noted before offering him an extension.

If he can't do the job, he has to go.

It's been mentioned before and now even some in the media are picking up on it, but Doueihi at lock isn't a bad idea.

His lateral movement is really bad defensively, you can mitigate that by having him defend in the middle. He'd obviously be a great ball-player for a guy in the middle and could play the first receive role Yeo/Murray/Radley play. Lack of speed wouldn't really be an issue there and he's got the size for it (his frame could easily hold another 5-10kgs).

The issue is he likely won't want to play that role. It's a shame because it's probably the last position he could become a good NRL level player it.

It's pretty crazy to me that out of the trio of Brooks, Hastings and Doueihi, Sheens managed to stuff all of them up. Insisted on Hastings being a 13 when he's clearly a 7 and a good one at that. Insisted on Brooks in the 7, when he's anything but a 7 and is in reality a mediocre 6. Then shuffles Doueihi around from the 6 to the 1.

If Sheens told Doueihi he was going to play 13 and to practice at the position the whole offseason, while putting on about 5-10kgs, we could've rolled with:

6. Brooks
7. Hastings
13. Doueihi

Instead, we've got whatever we're going to trot out next week and it's going to be a disaster.

It's been mentioned before and now even some in the media are picking up on it, but Doueihi at lock isn't a bad idea.

His lateral movement is really bad defensively, you can mitigate that by having him defend in the middle. He'd obviously be a great ball-player for a guy in the middle and could play the first receive role Yeo/Murray/Radley play. Lack of speed wouldn't really be an issue there and he's got the size for it (his frame could easily hold another 5-10kgs).

The issue is he likely won't want to play that role. It's a shame because it's probably the last position he could become a good NRL level player it.

It's pretty crazy to me that out of the trio of Brooks, Hastings and Doueihi, Sheens managed to stuff all of them up. Insisted on Hastings being a 13 when he's clearly a 7 and a good one at that. Insisted on Brooks in the 7, when he's anything but a 7 and is in reality a mediocre 6. Then shuffles Doueihi around from the 6 to the 1.

If Sheens told Doueihi he was going to play 13 and to practice at the position the whole offseason, while putting on about 5-10kgs, we could've rolled with:

6. Brooks
7. Hastings
13. Doueihi

Instead, we've got whatever we're going to trot out next week and it's going to be a disaster.

He has a decent body shape for it but after 5mins he will be totally gassed. That can change over time with more direct focussed fitness and gym activities also. Not against it but his defensive efforts in simple structured situations and laziness to cover are huge red flags for me. I have alot of doubts that he would regularly get walked past after 25-30mins.

Back