LIVE GAME Round 1 Discussion *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Possession is always important but especially in these early rounds when teams are building up match fitness.

This week Parra, Dragons, Storm and Raiders had a lot more ball. Sharks were the only exception and they had a 20 minute hot streak.

Lomax played well for the dragons and doesn’t look like a guy who is going anywhere to me. Bird is crap however. Liddle had one of the best games I’ve seen him play. They lifted when Hunt decided to start playing in the second half.
AJ brimson is a quality player. If he wasn’t out there they’d have been beaten by 40.

Wish we'd have signed Shane Flanagan when he was available 2 years ago
So easy to say with hindsight C2281, but I agree.
I didn't agree at the time back then though.
Isn't it silly how we get on our high horse and still condemn blokes for an offence committed years prev.
Maybe a lesson for us in the future to be willing to give a bloke a 2nd chance.

Put high balls up and attack them
Holding your line
Attack the markers fatigued
Never give up
Backs & forwards run hard and straight

Simple things in theory & all of which we have lacked in the past but all the things the majority of the winning sides have had.

Let’s hope the team have worked hard on being a different team to what we are used to seeing.

Its amazing what a good coach can do to turn a team around . But it is only round 1. Re. Hasler.
Ryan Hynchciffe the Melbourne Storm assistant coach has been coaching or learning to coach the last 5 years. He said he still has a lot to learn.
So, Ryan Hinchcliffe has been learning from the master coach for 5 years and is still learning.
We chuck Benji in at the deep end when he has basically had zero coaching experience anywhere.
We're expecting a miracle to happen aren't we.

So, Ryan Hinchcliffe has been learning from the master coach for 5 years and is still learning.
We chuck Benji in at the deep end when he has basically had zero coaching experience anywhere.
We're expecting a miracle to happen aren't we.

We are playing powerball without the powerhit.

Hopefully Richo can get Bennett or someone in to “support” Benji because he will need it.

What is all this! A wrist cutting circle jerk …. We haven’t kicked a ball yet . This is all based on a trial match in which our captain admitted that the guys didn’t get up for … Jesus Christ guys get off the forum for a bit ! You’re all losing your minds in this echo chamber of despair … it’s not reality . You have no idea what the reality is . In fact as far as the disparity around the attack has gone , after watching this round I’m way more confident in what we had to offer as it’s pretty much in line Most of the comp ie. not much !!
Outside of a Manu show in Vegas , there was definitely not much attack going on .
you’re all sitting there staring into the abyss rocking back and forth based on idea in your heads lol ….

What is all this! A wrist cutting circle jerk …. We haven’t kicked a ball yet . This is all based on a trial match in which our captain admitted that the guys didn’t get up for … Jesus Christ guys get off the forum for a bit ! You’re all losing your minds in this echo chamber of despair … it’s not reality . You have no idea what the reality is . In fact as far as the disparity around the attack has gone , after watching this round I’m way more confident in what we had to offer as it’s pretty much in line Most of the comp ie. not much !!
Outside of a Manu show in Vegas , there was definitely not much attack going on .
you’re all sitting there staring into the abyss rocking back and forth based on idea in your heads lol ….
What a stupid post.

Reactions: BZN
What a stupid post.
You’ve posted like 30 posts of basically the same thing reworded . And you call my post , calling for reason and patience stupid ?
You’ve all lost your minds …. Not that you ever had it Tucker …

You’ve posted like 30 posts of basically the same thing reworded . And you call my post , calling for reason and patience stupid ?
You’ve all lost your minds …. Not that you ever had it Tucker …
Another stupid post

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
“Professional rugby league commentators“ 🤣
The "Jayden Sullivan" reference was directly from the bunker official - not the commentators who have their own collective idiot cross to bear....

1709993389943.png

Wish we'd have signed Shane Flanagan when he was available 2 years ago
I was keen he’s an ex Magpie. He has our dna.
Whad he do that was so bad anyway? He engaged a Dr to look after his players health. He served his penalty. Where else do you go when you’ve done ya time other than home to family.

So easy to say with hindsight C2281, but I agree.
I didn't agree at the time back then though.
Isn't it silly how we get on our high horse and still condemn blokes for an offence committed years prev.
Maybe a lesson for us in the future to be willing to give a bloke a 2nd chance.
I was one that wished we had gotten Flano....he may have had some discretions that werent all his fault ,but he can coach and the Dragons will be a better side with him at the helm...
When he was at the sharks he was a victim of circumstances and paid a high price...He can coach and the Dragons wont be wooden spooners this year,,,

Yup I was on the Flanno bandwagon too at the time , just hope Benji proves us wrong ,at least with Richo I am sure we will see corrective action sooner than later if the wheels appear to be coming off 🙏

Deep down you know it’s not good. You know it’s not going to be any different to any other season. But good for you for being positive.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back