LIVE GAME Round 1 Discussion *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Well, round 2. They had the bye in round 1. But yes.
I said it even before the trial, Saints have a strong roster, particularly in the backs and will be top 8, if not top 4 this season. We have a good enough roster to beat Canberra, it's up to the coach.

I reckon there’s been 3 tries already from very questionable passes in the Cowboys v Dolphins game

Cowboys moving the ball , it’s putting the dolphins under all sorts of pressure, I hope we play like that next week , PLEASE BENJI

Reckon if they try - you might see the difference between a team with 6-7 origin players in it, and the WT’s

I said it even before the trial, Saints have a strong roster, particularly in the backs and will be top 8, if not top 4 this season. We have a good enough roster to beat Canberra, it's up to the coach.
I think your over stating their ability to go from 16th to top 4 in a year. Has a team done that YoY?

I think they will improve but hunt during origin, injuries etc, I don't think they will go top 8.

There were some very good games of footy over the weekend and some surprising wins...the footy was good and all I can say is that I hope Benji has the team up for a very intense grinding Raiders side..
Its only round one with along way to go,I just hope our team puts in for 80 mins and the younger players learn what it takes to win in the NRL arena..
I so hope that our team can progress forward and Benji shows he can be a very good coach at this level..
After all we have had a decade of frustration and failure its time we stood up and be the team we can be....

I think the penalty try, even though contentious is not completely unfair.

At the end it's up to video refs discretion as per rule changes right? If in the video refs opinion he would have scored, it's a try.

I think the penalty try, even though contentious is not completely unfair.

At the end it's up to video refs discretion as per rule changes right? If in the video refs opinion he would have scored, it's a try.
Read the rules - a penalty try is only applicable when there is a certainty that the player would score if not for the infrigement!

Not just a good chance - or even "likely"!

See Craig Smith in the 99 GF for an example!

No excuses - it is more sub-standard adjudicating by the bunker!!

Last edited:
Definitely not deserving of a penalty try, was not even close in my opinion at least.

Can't for the life of me remember which game it was in this weekend but there was one that I thought was deserving of a penalty try in the right corner that was not given and at the very least thought could have been 10 in the bin that just ended up being a penalty.

Definitely a lot of inconsistency in the game and not just in this area.

Latest posts

Back