Round 11, Magic Round *Discussion / Spoilers*

I'm with you. Hate him.
What is it you guys hate?
Is it how hard he tries? He has absolute changers in him, but also wins games on his own.
Endlessly entertaining for mine as I’m not sure which will show up at any given time.

What is it you guys hate?
Is it how hard he tries? He has absolute changers in him, but also wins games on his own.
Endlessly entertaining for mine as I’m not sure which will show up at any given time.
Id love 13 of him but he always has a heart attack moment.

I like watching them. They are hard AF.
A couple more strike players and they’d bully their way to a premiership.
I love watching them as well I pick them for top 8 and someone on here pick them for last

With the amount of talent coming through I think in 3/4 years they will make the GF again

When of think of the Raiders I think of a team of hard As F men same like the Dolphins just hard as F you really have to bash them for the full 80 to beat them

Hah!!!
Haas' old man arrested as part of a mexican drug cartel in Philippines and facing the death penalty....what a family, i think a brother and mummy in the can too
1715949580753.png

He is facing extradition to Indonesia where the drugs were trafficked to - and while they have an extraditon treaty in place - extradition from the Philippines may require Indonesia to take the death penalty off the table... (which is somewhat ironic in the post-Dueterte era)!

Last edited:
Hah!!!
Haas' old man arrested as part of a mexican drug cartel in Philippines and facing the death penalty....what a family, i think a brother and mummy in the can too
The father of Brisbane Broncos NRL star Payne Haas has been arrested in the Philippines on drug trafficking charges with reports he could face the death penalty in Indonesia.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported Gregor Johann Haas was arrested in Cebu City in the Philippines on Wednesday and now faces extradition to Indonesia, having allegedly evaded Indonesian authorities since last December.

Watch every game of every round this NRL Telstra Premiership Season LIVE with no ad-breaks during play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial today >

Head of the Public Relations and Protocol Bureau of National Narcotics Board (BNN), Brigadier General Sulistyo Pudjo Hartono, said Indonesian authorities had been tracking the 46-year-old after a drug trafficking case from December 5, 2023, when he was found with 5kg of crystal methamphetamine.

While Haas is currently detained in the Philippines, Hartono said authorities were working on extradition to Indonesia.

“We will immediately take him and ask him to reveal his network in Indonesia and other places. He used to move a lot, not only in Indonesia but other countries as well,” Hartono said via Indonesian news agency ANTARA.

The SMH reported Hartono saying: “We suspect him to have networks all over Asia, and we also suspect he has networks in Australia.

“We have good co-operation with Australian police, so we will work with them too.”

However, the report appears to suggest that extradition is no certainty as “one senior figure from the Indonesian National Police believed Australia’s ‘approval’ was necessary”, although Professor of international law at Australian National University Donald Rothwell told the masthead Australia wouldn’t need to be involved.

The Philippines were also a signatory in an international agreement that prohibits extradition if it led to execution.

Australia is no stranger to Indonesia’s hard-line stance on drug traffickers after the Bali Nine ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran were put to death in 2015 after a plan to smuggle 8.3kg of heroin from Indonesia to Australia.

The SMH reported the Broncos confirmed it was aware of the incident and was offering support to Haas, who would play for the club against Manly on Friday night at the NRL’s Magic Round.

There are no suggestions any other Haas family members are involved in the allegations levelled at Gregor Haas.

The Courier Mail reported in March that Payne Haas had taken custody of his two younger brothers after Gregor had moved overseas to focus on business interests.

It comes after Haas’ mother Uiatu “Joan” Taufua faces manslaughter charges over a horror crash that killed three people in December 2022.

The Courier Mail spoke with Gregor in Brisbane in April 2023, and he said he was struggling to cope with seeing his wife in jail.

“To be honest, seeing my wife in jail,” Gregor said at the time.

“What can I say, mate … it’s just f***ed.”

“I’m going through all sorts of emotions.

“You go through a period of grieving, but then you move on.

“I don’t mean move on as in not being with Joan anymore, but life has to move on. The kids have to go to school. I have to work. Otherwise everything falls apart.”

Gregor’s arrest comes just days after South Australian man Troy Smith was taken into Indonesian custody while on holiday in Bali with his wife.

It is alleged Mr Smith was carrying 3.5g of methamphetamine.

Indonesian law carries strict anti-drug law and the Port Lincoln father could face a lengthy stint in prison if found guilty.

A Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman said the department was providing “consular assistance to an Australian man detained in Bali”.

“Owing to our privacy obligations we are unable to provide further comment.”

There used to ve a dedicated thread for players and associates stuffing up but I cannot find it anymore please move to correct place mods

The father of Brisbane Broncos NRL star Payne Haas has been arrested in the Philippines on drug trafficking charges with reports he could face the death penalty in Indonesia.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported Gregor Johann Haas was arrested in Cebu City in the Philippines on Wednesday and now faces extradition to Indonesia, having allegedly evaded Indonesian authorities since last December.

Watch every game of every round this NRL Telstra Premiership Season LIVE with no ad-breaks during play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial today >

Head of the Public Relations and Protocol Bureau of National Narcotics Board (BNN), Brigadier General Sulistyo Pudjo Hartono, said Indonesian authorities had been tracking the 46-year-old after a drug trafficking case from December 5, 2023, when he was found with 5kg of crystal methamphetamine.

While Haas is currently detained in the Philippines, Hartono said authorities were working on extradition to Indonesia.

“We will immediately take him and ask him to reveal his network in Indonesia and other places. He used to move a lot, not only in Indonesia but other countries as well,” Hartono said via Indonesian news agency ANTARA.

The SMH reported Hartono saying: “We suspect him to have networks all over Asia, and we also suspect he has networks in Australia.

“We have good co-operation with Australian police, so we will work with them too.”

However, the report appears to suggest that extradition is no certainty as “one senior figure from the Indonesian National Police believed Australia’s ‘approval’ was necessary”, although Professor of international law at Australian National University Donald Rothwell told the masthead Australia wouldn’t need to be involved.

The Philippines were also a signatory in an international agreement that prohibits extradition if it led to execution.

Australia is no stranger to Indonesia’s hard-line stance on drug traffickers after the Bali Nine ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran were put to death in 2015 after a plan to smuggle 8.3kg of heroin from Indonesia to Australia.

The SMH reported the Broncos confirmed it was aware of the incident and was offering support to Haas, who would play for the club against Manly on Friday night at the NRL’s Magic Round.

There are no suggestions any other Haas family members are involved in the allegations levelled at Gregor Haas.

The Courier Mail reported in March that Payne Haas had taken custody of his two younger brothers after Gregor had moved overseas to focus on business interests.

It comes after Haas’ mother Uiatu “Joan” Taufua faces manslaughter charges over a horror crash that killed three people in December 2022.

The Courier Mail spoke with Gregor in Brisbane in April 2023, and he said he was struggling to cope with seeing his wife in jail.

“To be honest, seeing my wife in jail,” Gregor said at the time.

“What can I say, mate … it’s just f***ed.”

“I’m going through all sorts of emotions.

“You go through a period of grieving, but then you move on.

“I don’t mean move on as in not being with Joan anymore, but life has to move on. The kids have to go to school. I have to work. Otherwise everything falls apart.”

Gregor’s arrest comes just days after South Australian man Troy Smith was taken into Indonesian custody while on holiday in Bali with his wife.

It is alleged Mr Smith was carrying 3.5g of methamphetamine.

Indonesian law carries strict anti-drug law and the Port Lincoln father could face a lengthy stint in prison if found guilty.

A Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman said the department was providing “consular assistance to an Australian man detained in Bali”.

“Owing to our privacy obligations we are unable to provide further comment.”

There used to ve a dedicated thread for players and associates stuffing up but I cannot find it anymore please move to correct place mods
Thanks scoop!

I don't post the actual articles anymore - because apparently AI can generate them...
1715950681489.png1715950706496.png

Channel 9 in the Broncos sheds at full time, Payne Haas sitting by himself all dejected. Hope he’s got good support around him after the news surfaced. But fair to say him blocking it out, and turning up, lifting your team, has done well considering with that family dragging him down.

Back