TEAM LIST Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuela has just turned 20 and has missed 4 out of 82 in the last 3 weeks. Not sure what the other bloke was talking about
I'd say majority of those misses have been when he has shifted to centre and just been beaten for pace too.

yes … it’s not a great situation at all …. but Im assuming you didn’t just work this out last night when you saw this team announced that they have no depth in the outside backs …it’s been apparent for years this is the case ..

Benji has been there 20 months …he makes the personnel decisions and this squad now has his fingerprints on it …

They went down a path of signing multiple halves this past offseason …and pretty much ignored any other position…they were happy to back the youth policy and go with the backline players they have already in the squad for 2024… In some ways they were even fortunate to get Olam early …he fell into their laps to some extent .,,

This Is the path they have chosen to walk this 2024 season… so let’s see how it looks this week …good luck folks ..
I don’t believe Benji would have re-signed Naden, To’a, or added some of the young guys to the top 30 too soon. Hard to know for sure. He successfully offloaded Noffa & was forced to add roll of the dice signings Faataape and Alamaalo, which I am guessing was due to the cap situation Pascoe’s recruitment committee left us with. He’s been gone just 6 months Pascoe, the knives for Benji are premature.

I don’t believe Benji would have re-signed Naden, To’a, or added some of the young guys to the top 30 too soon. Hard to know for sure. He was forced to add roll of the dice signings Faataape and Alamaalo, which I am guessing was due to the cap situation Pascoe’s recruitment committee left us with. He’s been gone just 6 months Pascoe, the knives for Benji are premature.
Pretty sure sheens stated when he signed on that the coach wouldn’t be subject to players he doesn’t want
Possible sheens himself wanted them seeing as he was supposed to be coaching this year aswell

Pretty sure sheens stated when he signed on that the coach wouldn’t be subject to players he doesn’t want
Possible sheens himself wanted them seeing as he was supposed to be coaching this year aswell
I believe Naden was extended when the club had Noddy bent over. To’a for two years only by Benji thankfully.

Yep, another classic NRL disgrace. We give our home game up to play a QLD tram in QLD and get rewarded with a 5 day turnaround interstate game.

I've said before, I'll say it again, the NRL is a disgrace of an organisation.
So now we’re complaining that we gave up a home game during Magic Round? And I’m sure they just stayed in Qld this week. That would have been the obvious thing to do.

So now we’re complaining that we gave up a home game during Magic Round? And I’m sure they just stayed in Qld this week. That would have been the obvious thing to do.

You failed to take into account the complaint was more about the scheduling. However since you mention it, absolutely i can complain about giving up a home game when you combine it with all the other home games we give up. Magic round is an away game for the QLD teams, do you really think that is even logical let alone fair? Give me a break.

Your way too used to this club being bent over. It's time we became ruthless and stuff everyone else.

Telstra Premiership - Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Friday, May 24 - 6:00 p.m. AEST
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

WESTS TIGERS

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Declan Casey
4. Josh Feledy
5. Solomon Alaimalo
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Samuela Fainu
13. Justin Matamua

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Alex Seyfarth
17. Fonua Pole

18. Sione Fainu
19. Alex Lobb
20. Tallyn Da Silva
21. Tony Sukkar
22. Solomona Faataape
Coach: Benji Marshall

INS: Declan Casey, Josh Feledy, Isaiah Papali'i, Justin Matamua

OUTS: Brent Naden (dangerous contact), Justin Olam (dangerous contact), Asu Kepaoa (NSW Cup), Sione Fainu
I find it hard to believe we are only paying $4.20 for the Win 😭

its hilarious to see how fast WT fans have turned on bula now the honeymoon period is over, same starting to happen with galvin
Magpie syndrome. Need something to peck to death when there the previous thing is dead n buried.

I've been saying for 3 years the Cowboys are a terrible side. Extremely overrated.

Unfortunately they will have too much strike for us this time due to the hole we are in with injuries and confidence.
The Cowboys are a terrible defensive team and we will highly likely still struggle to score more than 1 or 2 tries against them.

Oh this could get rather ugly, no Sione i find very odd. At least we might have a chance to actually have both our centres on the park though.

Second year syndrome...???😖
I think so TT, I wrote a thread pre season about the likelihood of him struggling a bit this season. The adulation around his first year was huge and there had to be some sort of letdown. Let’s hope those around him can lift him up again coz he might have some fun running off Luai next year.

Not sure but I think Sezer was the same ‘not a hip drop’ but a ‘dangerous tackle’.
The NRL make a rod for their own back creating these outcomes whenever someone gets hurt.
It's a business choice. PNG subscribers would not watch NRL for 6 weeks if Olam was penalized that long. I guess Sezer needs to have his secret admirers in the NRL HQ to avoid lengthy bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back