TEAM LIST Round 3 vs. Sharks

Team List
The side instantly looks more likely with Sezer and Pole starting and Olam back. Hope Olam and Pole make immediate impact with their strength and power. A bit of pressure off Galvin with Sezer starting so he will go well again. Just need Staines and Tupou to look semi interested and Sefarth to show a bit of mongrel and we may give it a red hot crack.

What an initiation for Faataape. Last week he marks Timoko now he switches to the right side to mark Talakai. Last week he was solid, came up a little early and got caught for a try and threw the bad pass from dummy half that set us in a spiral early, but overall he handled Timoko well. If he performs this week it's a good sign.

I’d rather him not in the side at all. I don’t understand the thinking. I’d rather a hooker on the bench to give Api a rest rather than a half
Yep. Simpkin over Sullivan. I have a feeling Jake will be gone by mid year.

I’d rather him not in the side at all. I don’t understand the thinking. I’d rather a hooker on the bench to give Api a rest rather than a half
I don't mind a half on the bench, gives a bit of flexibility, especially if there is an injury. A few players are capable of getting into dummy half for a bit.

A little tinkering without major surprises. Seyforth quite often plays well off the bench, and Sullivan can possibly do the same.
Sezer was bought to steady the team,and add a varied kicking game, we’ll see how that plays out.
But none of it will matter if the forwards don’t step up and supply some real grunt in both attack and defence.
Our forwards are having a big bludge,

What an initiation for Faataape. Last week he marks Timoko now he switches to the right side to mark Talakai. Last week he was solid, came up a little early and got caught for a try and threw the bad pass from dummy half that set us in a spiral early, but overall he handled Timoko well. If he performs this week it's a good sign.
Yeah Timoko is a dawg, didn't completely rip us apart so that's something.
Always hard for a centre to get involved when your team gets zero ball. Would love to see him getting back on kick returns and putting his hand up for the 2nd or 3rd carry, and hopefully he gets some decent ball this week

The team feels a bit stronger with naden and olam there. I rekon we won’t be too far off being competitive on sat but could also be completely off the mark!

Well well … Olam picked this week … I’ll have to eat my words …Fingers crossed he gets through the game ok … they need him

starting side looks good to me, but the four on the pine looks pretty weak in comparison to their counterparts. Hunt and Hazelton are both very good players and will make strong impacts.

Fainu will do a job in that regard but I'd be putting Klemmer back to the bench to counteract the pair I just mentioned and starting Twal, who I think would likely do a better job. Seyfarth will spell Pole but I'm concerned that we'll lose steel and size thru the middle when that happens.

no idea what Marshall has in store for Sullivan. if anything I'd like to see him buzzing around the middle and forced to run the football. if he's just injury cover for the halves then I'd rather us bring Kepaoa onto the bench.

very excited to see Justin Olam debut.
Sullivan may also have a stint at no 9 whilst API takes a breather.

Twal isn't, and never has been, the problem.
He's the most consistent player in the team every week and always does what's asked of him.
He's not meant to be tackle breaker or hard arse.
Other blokes are supposed to fulfil those needs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back