LIVE GAME Round 4 vs. Eels

Live Game Discussion
Now I never got an answer to my question last week so will ask again.
After the game where do the team go to celebrate/commiserate these days ? Is it Wests Ashfield or somewhere else ?
The days of whole teams going out together after games are over.

I’d say most of them (especially on a Monday night) would do a bit of recovery and head home.

The days of whole teams going out together after games are over.

I’d say most of them (especially on a Monday night) would do a bit of recovery and head home.
Yeah surely, especially given they play again in 5 days.

Does he? I think he regrets leaving myself, cos what has he done since? His career has been a joke. Could have retired a one club legend. Now he’s a multiple club plodder.
Aaron Woods has become a modern day Shakespeare tragedy.

I don't think anyone would doubt he was 100% Tigers coming through the ranks & leading to being captain of his childhood club. Probably would have been one of his proudest moments.

But years of not being competitive, and the media circus around 'the Big 4', the advice of his manager, the money offered elsewhere...having to also front the media as the face of the club...

He chose wrong. Of the 4, Woods was the one that needed to stay, in my opinion.

And his career has never been as bright since.

I honestly believe he regrets how it went, and along with Brooks, suffered the most through it.

And now? The very fans he grew up wanting their affection hate him.

Shakespeare couldn't have written it better.

What an inspirational game to watch?

Galvin is the talk of the town & looks a high quality player.

The back 3 were great today. I'll bag Staines here & there, but his defence was spot on today. If he plays like that, I can completely understand his place in the team.

Olam offers up some much dynamic play in defence & attack. Given that we hoped To'a would be our next great centre, it's so satisfying to watch Olam play how we have wanted for so long. Fataape continues to not stand out as a 1st year player. While he isn't catching the light like Galvin, his development is incredibly satisfying.

The forwards were outstanding. Utoikamanu in particular today, but really- all of them. Bateman & Papali'i are starting to shine now that we are playing with momentum. POle is going to be a very steady, solid footballer- another great development player with us. Sam Fainu is a high motor, high performance player too. And Seyfarth did his best Jesus. Against Canberra, he was crucified. On Easter Monday, he was who we hoped he could be.

Hail Salad! Sezar has been exactly what we needed. His kicking game is weird. He rarely finds grass. But it's accurate & timed perfectly with our absolute biggest improvement in 2024.....

OUR KICK CHASE.

We now chase after kicks like we actually want to win the field position battle. Sezar, Api, Papali'i, Bateman & Fataape in particular are week in, week out, giving the opposition back 3 nowhere to return the kick- pinning teams deep to start their attack.

I said to my wife as we watched today- the Tigers are playing like they actually believe they can win. Not hope they can. They believe. They compete on all the little things, which they haven't done for years.

We will make the 8.

Starting to think 1.2 million, not just signing luai is a massive mistake with how well Sezer and Galvin have gone as well as Fainu still to come... Galvin has to be in the halves
Not at all. We would have to win the premiership before I would even consider that. Even then, we would still shuffle decks for someone with the sublime skill, guile, leadership, experience and winning pedigree of Luai.

Do you think Latu Fainu can play 13 ?
I think Galvin will end up the lock . He’s like John Sutton / Bradley Clyde 2.0. I think Sullivan is about to lose his bench spot , as Fainu will prove the better footy player .
I think if Fainu did come on to play “lock” it would be a hybrid 3rd half role , and I don’t think he’d defend there .

2025:

Sullivan 14
Seyfarth/Doeuihi 13
Api 9
Luai/Sezer 7
Galvin 6
Bula 1

Starting to think 1.2 million, not just signing luai is a massive mistake with how well Sezer and Galvin have gone as well as Fainu still to come... Galvin has to be in the halves
He will take the WTs to the next level. I’d still sign Sezer for another year.
Parra with an injured half (Moses) are now looking to bring Mitchell Pearce back for O/S to cover him.

Two things from re-watching the game.

The 10 minutes after halftime was horrible. Parra were making such easy metres and we were lucky to not be blown away in that period.

The last 15 minutes we were much fresher than Parra. We finally have a fit team people!

Fitness is everything!

He will take the WTs to the next level. I’d still sign Sezer for another year.
Parra with an injured half (Moses) are now looking to bring Mitchell Pearce back for O/S to cover him.
I'd love to see Parra get Pearce.
He retired at the end of last year so if he's overseas he's in Bali playing with the local dogs or sunning in the south of France.
He was fat and slow last year so yeah please put him in your team Parra.

This game should always be at ANZ. Could have drawn 40-50k. Idiots.
I think you could put that down to the Parra-sites typical selfish attitude, not considering what would be best for the game and for the supporters of both teams and NRL in general.

Accor should have been available, was used on the Friday for the Souffs vs Dogs game and not in use again until the following Friday, whereas with Commbank they were out there stripping the markings off the field straight after the game to get ready for a Wanders vs Brisbane Roar game in 4 days time.

Very disappointed that the Parra-sites supporters didn't burn down Commbank after the loss. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
With Galvin out, we will see what we dish up in 2 very winnable games against the Dolphins and Dragons. Couldn't have come at a worse time, but if you are going to be a top 8 side, you need to win when injuries, suspensions or origin rule players out.

I think it goes beyond Galvin though:., AJ is their back row forward depth and will inevitably be starting games in the near future when injuries and suspensions happen … also very weak in the backs as we know with Naden most likely first cab off the rank … these are two guys we have seen many times before who have disappointed …

still … getting back to the team as a whole … work on the defence this year … buy a couple more experienced players at centre and back row bench and further development of the young guys and Top 8 next year should be a realistic goal

What an inspirational game to watch?

Galvin is the talk of the town & looks a high quality player.

The back 3 were great today. I'll bag Staines here & there, but his defence was spot on today. If he plays like that, I can completely understand his place in the team.

Olam offers up some much dynamic play in defence & attack. Given that we hoped To'a would be our next great centre, it's so satisfying to watch Olam play how we have wanted for so long. Fataape continues to not stand out as a 1st year player. While he isn't catching the light like Galvin, his development is incredibly satisfying.

The forwards were outstanding. Utoikamanu in particular today, but really- all of them. Bateman & Papali'i are starting to shine now that we are playing with momentum. POle is going to be a very steady, solid footballer- another great development player with us. Sam Fainu is a high motor, high performance player too. And Seyfarth did his best Jesus. Against Canberra, he was crucified. On Easter Monday, he was who we hoped he could be.

Hail Salad! Sezar has been exactly what we needed. His kicking game is weird. He rarely finds grass. But it's accurate & timed perfectly with our absolute biggest improvement in 2024.....

OUR KICK CHASE.

We now chase after kicks like we actually want to win the field position battle. Sezar, Api, Papali'i, Bateman & Fataape in particular are week in, week out, giving the opposition back 3 nowhere to return the kick- pinning teams deep to start their attack.

I said to my wife as we watched today- the Tigers are playing like they actually believe they can win. Not hope they can. They believe. They compete on all the little things, which they haven't done for years.

We will make the 8.
Kick pressure is the one area we need to step up in, pawa had all the time in the world fir their kicks! But overall we are going much better, just need to do it week in week out!

I don't think it's been mentioned, but well done to Staines for his defensive effort on Sivo all day. I don't think he missed a tackle on him.
I agree. Not a Staines fan but he made most of those tackles right in front of where we were sitting. Parra played to Sivo all the first half with lob passes out to the wing but Staines turned and got him every time.

I think Galvin will end up the lock . He’s like John Sutton / Bradley Clyde 2.0. I think Sullivan is about to lose his bench spot , as Fainu will prove the better footy player .
I think if Fainu did come on to play “lock” it would be a hybrid 3rd half role , and I don’t think he’d defend there .
I was at the game but didn't see the reserves. Does anyone know how Fainu played?

Back