LIVE GAME Round 4 vs Storm

Live Game Discussion
Tupou is our new Ken maumalo.
Getting better each game.
I’d leave him in there all season.
Definitely.
Tupou and Kepaoa as well are two existing players who a have improved over the off season. I am happy with their progress and interested to see where they end up. Their peak games are a fair way off yet and that’s exciting for the team.

Definitely.
Tupou and Kepaoa as well are two existing players who a have improved over the off season. I am happy with their progress and interested to see where they end up. Their peak games are a fair way off yet and that’s exciting for the team.
We look good on paper and we see individuals busting their backsides on the field. As a team they are still a nervous bunch. You can see from try celebrations, the whole sqaud doesn’t run in to celebrate. Like the thugs at Panthers or Eels.
It’s like the boys are self doubting themselves. Can’t wait for the whole squad to click. I personally feel like good times are ahead in 2023 for us.

After watching the replay one of the turning points was bogus.
The win against the feed was diabolical refereeing. Melbourne never packed a scrum. It should've either been a penalty to the Tigers or re-pack the scrum.
Classic Tigers... we was robbed. In fact, it was just a stupid decision to repack a scrum and not take the kick for touch.

We look good on paper and we see individuals busting their backsides on the field. As a team they are still a nervous bunch. You can see from try celebrations, the whole sqaud doesn’t run in to celebrate. Like the thugs at Panthers or Eels.
It’s like the boys are self doubting themselves. Can’t wait for the whole squad to click. I personally feel like good times are ahead in 2023 for us.
They will click and they will win some games.
I think season 23 is almost gone already.
When you drop easier games, you have to square the ledger by taking out good teams. That takes a huge toll on a squad.
Our next two games are very tough. As are the two straight after the bye. In reality, we need to win 3 of those games.

No line speed
No hard running from the forwards
No running into holes
No hard tackling
No decent kicks (Api's try aside)
No kick chase (my absolute pet peeve)
Passes that are hard when they should be soft
Passes that are soft that should be hard
HOWEVER!!!!!!
First against the scrum feed I've seen since 2010 when we did it against the Roosters in the finals. There's a tick for something you don't see every day, and for the Tigers, we always experience something that you don't see every day.
Have I missed anything?

We are screwed.

Does Doueihi really deserve a centre spot ahead of Naden or Kepaoa ? He should be dropped.

Brooks and Laurie don't appear to be long term options but I'd play them for the rest of the year. Maybe move Api or Jake Simpkins to 7 and play either Brooks or Laurie at 6. Play one of the bench or in reserves.

I think I'd go with Staines at fullback. I'd consider Tupou there but I don't want to stuff his development up.

None of us are coming up with good options though. We don't have class players to play in key positions.
Not arguing Earl but I would be having a good chat and explaining why they are being moved. If they get their nose out of joint, it's either left right out or reggies. If they choose to fall in line but don't improve, it's left right out or reggies.
A line needs to be drawn. The cancer needs excising.

We are screwed.

Does Doueihi really deserve a centre spot ahead of Naden or Kepaoa ? He should be dropped.

Brooks and Laurie don't appear to be long term options but I'd play them for the rest of the year. Maybe move Api or Jake Simpkins to 7 and play either Brooks or Laurie at 6. Play one of the bench or in reserves.

I think I'd go with Staines at fullback. I'd consider Tupou there but I don't want to stuff his development up.

None of us are coming up with good options though. We don't have class players to play in key positions.
Don’t really disagree with anything you’ve said I guess my only logic is put those we are somewhat confident in, in the positions they should be. Regarding Douiehi at centre - hard one. I actually think Kepoa is turning into the perfect bench player so I’d be tempted to keep him there. Plays both second row and centre decent enough. If Douiehi wants a successful career in NRL imo the only way that can happen is at centre. Up to him if he wants that though. Atm seems his ego is getting in the way.

Winning games is all about key moments and last night I see 4 that cost us.
1 - early first half. half chance created down the left edge and brooks throws intercept. Most halves execute there, million dollar halves nail that play.
2 - mid first half. Definite chance and brooks passes straight into Kepoa. Kepoa did as he should and ran the hard line and drew in defence. Most halves can execute the harbour bridge pass.
3- mid first half. After points and a solid set Brooks lands the kick in the in goal to relieve pressure. They score of the 7 tackle set.
4- mid second half. Penalty awarded for offside at scrum. We decide to pack scrum again. There is risk to that play, not often do teams loose scrums but it is a chance. This is on API as captain and he should have called tap or kick to touch.
I’m convinced that if we nail 2 of these 4 moments then we possible win. 3 or 4 we definitely win. Whilst there were other key moments these are the ones that really made a difference.

No line speed
No hard running from the forwards
No running into holes
No hard tackling
No decent kicks (Api's try aside)
No kick chase (my absolute pet peeve)
Passes that are hard when they should be soft
Passes that are soft that should be hard
HOWEVER!!!!!!
First against the scrum feed I've seen since 2010 when we did it against the Roosters in the finals. There's a tick for something you don't see every day, and for the Tigers, we always experience something that you don't see every day.
Have I missed anything?
The kick chase is disgraceful. Every other team has blokes putting pressure on the guy catching the ball no sign of our guys on the TV screen and the opposition FB/winger has got ball in
hand and making his run when they come into view. I reckon that has also got to do with lack direction and communication.

The problem is we haven't had quality players in those positions for years. I also think this may be a contributing factor to Doueihi being so poor. Doueihi doesn't have to fight it out for a centre position and instead gets given key spine roles and he isn't up to it. It's partly his ego as well. It's a bad combination.
Yeah he has that Robbie Ego. Big fish in a little pond is where they're most happy.

How good would the team look without our 6 biggest nuffies.

Brooks
AD
Laurie
TT - already replaced
Twal - very replaceable by any reggie forward
Noffa - already replaced

Club needs a 1, 6, 7 immediately. Blind Freddy can see it.

Im really hopeful from RD 11 they grow some balls and Brooks and AD are nowhere near the team ever again.

1. BULA
2. Tupou
3. Naden
4. AJ
5. Stains
6. SMITH - or import someone
7. WAKEHAM - or import someone
8. Steff
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papi
12. Blore
13. Bateman

14. Pole

Guess who's now named in the 30 man Wests Tigers squad on the main club sit

1679700520593.png

It's Bula.

We are screwed.

We aren't a quarter way through the comp and we are already trying to manufacture people into other positions - scary!

I sort of agree with you regarding Stains to FB. While he doesn't ball play and gets dominated in kick-returns, he seems to push up in support - that's the only (albeit weak) reason. I like Tupou but agree that he needs to find his feet.

For the Brooks fan brigade, he has no excuses now. Our forwards went forward. He listed ally is the worst half back in the comp. He’s not a 5/8. He is nothing. Imagine if you worked somewhere and saw someone on mega cash that does sweet FA - and I’ve seen them in my career.

HE MUST GO.

Don't forget to vote 😤
Oh champion @Demps - I needed that.

Now to think about it, who should we vote for?
Maybe a new spine.
Or a game plan.
Or backs who have no fear.
Or players who would die for the jersey.
(Or show ticker, at least.)
Or a goal kicker.
Or a short kicker.
Or an explosive, scheming half.
Or players who can read the game.
Or a support player who actually is there in support.
Or a scrum that never is lost against the head.
Or players that look for the ball.
Or players who have line speed.
Or simply players who make us fans proud.

Strewth, I'm left with the likes of Perrottet, Minns and Moore???

Who cares now, he just has to be released at year end. Maybe if we told him that now, it may free up his obvious pea brain to throw caution to the wind for the rest of the season.
🤣 love it Browny...you don’t want to know who signed him, just the name of the guy who releases him 🤣
I don’t like these back ended contracts, where it starts out at say $550k and in year 4 is $1.1m. As it ages it becomes more inflexible. The club tried to renegotiate it by offering Brooks an extension over several years at a lower amount. Pretty sure it was the nrl who saw it as a fiddle?

I can't recall who said it was mentioned many pages ago but Brooks for Sezer, id actually do that trade. Do i think that Sezer is good no not really, but from memory he a better controlling half and may actually be able to pull off the old catch and pass.
Brooks is diabolical he clearly doesnt want to be here, i wish we kept Madden for a couple of years and cut Brooks loose. Im struggling to watch this bloke now, i'd say he's tanking if i didnt know any better but i really dont think he's capable of pulling off the Moses tank.

Latest posts

Back