TEAM LIST Round 6 vs. Dragons

Team List
As expected with 2 HIAs

AJ is playing for his career this year as an NRL player or a concreter. Hope he pulls something out of his ass this week to show he deserves a spot going forward. Im sure Benji is testing the waters to keep him in the team or not.

As the forum lovechild, I would love to see 20 year old Matamua show something, his 7 first grade games thus far have been average at best.

Hope these 2 have a blinder to warrant being picked or forever put in the rack and others given a chance.
Flippers is in trouble then, how does he hold a screed with flipper hands?

Reactions: BZN
That’s my feeling. Not sure why people are so worried.
You’ve been watching the last ten years haven’t ya?
I read quite a few years ago, that the proven best bet in rugby league was to back the Tigers when they were favourites. Now I already knew that, and my uncle and I (we both live a good betting stat; you hit pockets 1/7 flops, if ya know, ya know), but to see it proven in a stats betting article was saddening. So yeah, whenever we are favs I’m a little worried. 😬

You’ve been watching the last ten years haven’t ya?
I read quite a few years ago, that the proven best bet in rugby league was to back the Tigers when they were favourites. Now I already knew that, and my uncle and I (we both live a good betting stat; you hit pockets 1/7 flops, if ya know, ya know), but to see it proven in a stats betting article was saddening. So yeah, whenever we are favs I’m a little worried. 😬
But surely we're not starting as favs against St George.
I hate to admit it, but it's the way I feel.......I think we're gonna get done, and maybe in a big way.
But gees, I'll be happy to be proven wrong Bf.

But surely we're not starting as favs against St George.
I hate to admit it, but it's the way I feel.......I think we're gonna get done, and maybe in a big way.
But gees, I'll be happy to be proven wrong Bf.
$1.77 to $2.05 Favs. 🤷‍♂️
Does the last dozen years of hard work driving our price up count for nothing? Coupla wins and we’re favs, it’s BS, the TAB might be a little down this week.

The Drag Queens will be up for this game so I think you can take the favourite tag with a grain of salt. Flannagan threatening to drop a few, Sloane keen to make amends after last week. Laurie to the bench, Lomax with a point to prove, and Liddle palying his 100th - it won't be an easy ride..

There is talk of the Lomax issue affecting team harmony; newspaper drivel in my view. There may be a bit of lighthearted shit talk at training but once they pull that jumper on they aren't thinking about Lomax's next club.

I think the key to beating them is to do what we have been doing, less the first half against Canberra and the Phins.

Turn them around and make them work, run the big forwards around, work them hard in attack by shifting it to Olam and Charlie early and let the Salad kick us to good field position.

Our kichk chase and line speed has been pretty good so far - as long as Matamua and AJ can maintain that I'm not that concerned about their size.

Once we have worn them down a bit then let Sullivan, Api and Bula have a shot at pulling them apart down the middle corridor.

All of this is predicated on one thing - high completion, no mistake sets. Something we didnt have in the first half of both of our losses.

This is definitely winnable; the opposition isn't our biggest threat this week, its ourselves!

Last edited:
I’m surprised Alimalo is getting named in the extended squad. I’m a fan but don’t reckon he is ready

"How does he hold a screed" wotz this mean Bf . :unsure:
@Winston Churchill said flippers was playing for his NRL career or he might find himself a concretor next year. Concretors use a screed to smooth out the concrete. It’s the long square pole type thing. I own 2 different sizes (lengths), and I am not a concretor. Chippy/Builder.
Sorry Carpenter is chippy, as in wood chips. Jesus was a chippy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back