LIVE GAME Round 6 vs. Dragons

Live Game Discussion

AmericanHistoryX

Sorry guys. I got lazy cause I could not find the live thread for our game tomorrow. And out of respect for mods didn't want to post in wrong thread. Its not like they are getting paid (mods) for this wonderful platform where we can share our dreams and rituals.

Anyway I posted because I just wanted to say that tomorrow will reveal what we are made of. Im watching these other games - and most other teams apart from Titans, Souths ( currently) have some spine, character, the will to push themselves.

Even if we lose tomorrow I wouldn't mind losing like Canterbury last night. Just we are not playing Melbourne in Melbourne but St. George at home.

Mods if there is a thread - for this topic. - do what you got to do. My bad.

I think you got in before @innsaneink AHX 😉

Looking forward to tomorrow. Should be a cracker with a sold out CSS 👍

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Beer Shed and listening to @cochise

Got some long time former forummers meeting me there - Tiger Shaz, Balmain Girl, Dannii-Ree. Can't wait!!

In the words of our beloved Tigergran, UTT 🟠⚫️⚪️⚫️🟠

I think you got in before @innsaneink AHX 😉

Looking forward to tomorrow. Should be a cracker with a sold out CSS 👍

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Beer Shed and listening to @cochise

Got some long time former forummers meeting me there - Tiger Shaz, Balmain Girl, Dannii-Ree. Can't wait!!

In the words of our beloved Tigergran, UTT 🟠⚫️⚪️⚫️🟠
Hopefully get a proper chance to say hello rather than just brushing past you like at LO the other week.

I’d like to take a moment to express my utter distain for the Dragons. It’s weird how hatred for a club can sometimes subside when they are at the bottom of the ladder for a few years. Kind of an out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. But there is not a more arrogant set of supporters when they are winning than this loser of a club. It’s nice to see how utterly humbled they have been the last few years. It’s also good to see what a toxic environment they have where not even their captain or marquee player want to be there. A low life club and I hope we kick their arse.

Sorry guys. I got lazy cause I could not find the live thread for our game tomorrow. And out of respect for mods didn't want to post in wrong thread. Its not like they are getting paid (mods) for this wonderful platform where we can share our dreams and rituals.

Anyway I posted because I just wanted to say that tomorrow will reveal what we are made of. Im watching these other games - and most other teams apart from Titans, Souths ( currently) have some spine, character, the will to push themselves.

Even if we lose tomorrow I wouldn't mind losing like Canterbury last night. Just we are not playing Melbourne in Melbourne but St. George at home.

Mods if there is a thread - for this topic. - do what you got to do. My bad.
Looking forward to this game too. Every game I keep watching for Bula to become more involved, not just in finishing off plays but initiating them. He’s far too talented. He can see opportunities developing, he can make things happen. It’s time for Benji to let him get more involved.
This could be the game?

Looking forward to this game too. Every game I keep watching for Bula to become more involved, not just in finishing off plays but initiating them. He’s far too talented. He can see opportunities developing, he can make things happen. It’s time for Benji to let him get more involved.
This could be the game?
You are right, Bula is one of those players that waits for things to happen, not often you’ll see him go looking for the ball. I still think he gets bamboozled and doesn’t know what to do in the opposition red zone aswell

Seemed to be more involved when Galvin was playing so not sure if it’s just a combo thing

You are right, Bula is one of those players that waits for things to happen, not often you’ll see him go looking for the ball. I still think he gets bamboozled and doesn’t know what to do in the opposition red zone aswell

Seemed to be more involved when Galvin was playing so not sure if it’s just a combo thing

Galvin certainly gets involved, his position demands it, but he cut loose from day 1 and Bula has had 20 games now? I’m concerned that if he doesn’t get more committed like every other Fullback, then he may never? Maybe he needs more time?

Galvin certainly gets involved, his position demands it, but he cut loose from day 1 and Bula has had 20 games now? I’m concerned that if he doesn’t get more committed like every other Fullback, then he may never? Maybe he needs more time?
I don’t think it’s concerning, every good fullback needs a good link man. In this case so far, Galvin has shown that he has a pretty good combination with Bula and more game time together the better

What are you talking about?

Well today could really put our team back on right foot for the rest of the season, been down 3 of our best players for this very important game , should we win it will show that benji has got the club going in the right direction, but even if we lose but go down fighting that will also be good . But t if we get a hiding then it creates questions about our depth, which I think is our problem we are light on forwards that can step up , hopefully we will is not a problem today against a very big drag queens side , so here’s hoping GO U TIGERS

What are you talking about?
Don’t kill the messenger, he is right bula is a great talent but he really needs to do more, at this stage he doesn’t create enough at all , hopefully he will come good , but sooner rather than later

He may be no Joey Manu but not sure that "committed like every other fullback" is a fair analogy. Defensively and positioning Id say he is ahead of some of the more heralded FBs which is also a key part of the position. TT and Latrell often out of sight when a tackle needs to be made.
Most scrutinized position on the field I reckon he is doing more than okay for a young player behind a squad that until recently
has not given much to play behind.

I think there are different types of fullbacks. There are clearly some who have a high workrate (Teddy, Edwards, Gutho) and then there are fullbacks that pick there moments (Hamiso and maybe Walsh?). I think Bula picks his moments to inject himself and I agree that in a team that lacks some genuine attack that can be frustrating.

Tigers have struggled against the Dragons since 2022. This will be a tough match. Hunt is a menace. The game will tell us where the team is up to. That situation is the same for the Dragons. Two incoming coaches, each with one top quality veteran, plenty of journeymen, and some upcoming talent.

I think there are different types of fullbacks. There are clearly some who have a high workrate (Teddy, Edwards, Gutho) and then there are fullbacks that pick there moments (Hamiso and maybe Walsh?). I think Bula picks his moments to inject himself and I agree that in a team that lacks some genuine attack that can be frustrating.
Though Walsh is super busy. He's learning from Slater. He'll be a bit quieter for a while but once his eye socket heals he will be everywhere again. Latrell is a poster boy for picking his moments.

Back