TEAM LIST Round 7 vs. Panthers

Team List
So do we want Luai to have a good game 😄

This place will go into meltdown if he has a shocker.

Heck last game he was playing on one leg and Vicious was saying he would be dropped after the game & others commented how bad a signing he is because if the game.

I want us to win by beating teams playing well not by default/feeling sorry for us.

Absolutely not ! Miss a few tackles, drop the ball and kick out on the full. Hopefully that’s in his new Tiger contract whenever he opposes us, starting Saturday.
It's going to be interesting to see what tactics we employ against Luai.
Normally we would probably want to smash him asap, but of course it's not in our interest for next year to see him hurt in any way.
So please guys, no hip drops, no knees in the back, no head high tackles etc.

It's going to be interesting to see what tactics we employ against Luai.
Normally we would probably want to smash him asap, but of course it's not in our interest for next year to see him hurt in any way.
So please guys, no hip drops, no knees in the back, no head high tackles etc.
Not sure it works that way BZN, whilst ever he is in an opposition jersey he must be handled in that way. He’s a huge threat so therefore need to keep pressure on him( both running and kicking) and tackle him as hard as possible. Agree that illegalities not needed, but I feel that applies to all matches, imo the risk doesn’t justify the return.

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Seyfarth gunna get in trouble?

He was busy last week probably close to our best which is saying something... It's like his GPS has a virus he's all over the place... Unco as but he's having a crack
Would love to see him flatten Martin or Sorenson

Our games verse Penrith always seem to be firey.

We've got some real firey types in the team these days

- Bateman
- Naden
- Seyfarth
- Samuela Faino
- Klemmer
- Even Stefano, he isn't afraid of a shape up

And we don't like Penrith.

Could be game of the round, if we turn up.

- Bateman
- Naden
- Seyfarth
- Samuela Faino
- Klemmer

I’m sure the Penrith pack will give young Stef a workout to see if he is a suitable replacement for JFH !
Agree we need to be totally focused !

- Bateman
- Naden
- Seyfarth
- Samuela Faino
- Klemmer

Hopefully Bateman & Klem can show some real leadership this game & use their aggression in a controlled way. Bateman has been getting too heated some games giving away needless penalties & 6 agains & if we're being honest Klem is really lucky to not be sitting on the sidelines this week with that high shot on Lomax.

I hope Bateman and Klemmer show up ready to play! Naden has to turn up with his brain switched ON. No brain farts this game, please, Nado 🤞

We have a few players who can break tackles and get us on the front foot. Junior, Stefano. Also Olam and Galvin. This is a big test for young Galvin now that Panthers have seen him play.

right, some analysis.

Penrith are off a bye and we are coming off the back of two poor performances and I anticipate we will absolutely bounce back. the Penrith system is elite, but there are vulnerabilities with Cleary out, despite the fact that Schneider is a very capable deputy.

we'll know early what mood we're in. if Stefano and Klemmer go to war with JFH and Leota then I think we're in for a good day. Yeo is Yeo, the only way you counteract him is with linespeed and good contact. three middles on the bench (Sammy, Seyfarth and Twal) against two (Smith, Henry) should mean we're fresh and punching thru the middle until minute 80. I'd love to see Latu do some time at 13 as well. simplifies his role, he'll square us up and his contact is excellent.

Scott Sorensen will provide a straight, hard-running backrower for Luai to utilise that they've missed in recent times, but Sezer's defensive abilities make me think we should be able to hold steady. May and Naden is an intriguing matchup. the key is ensuring Jarome is handled when he begins to bounce around and play off the cuff. Staines should be fine up against Turuva.

over on the right Schneider is still building combos, but I expect them to be more cohesive after a bye. Edwards and Yeo take more ownership with Cleary out on that edge and will be the biggest worry for us. shut them down and we'll be ok. I'm fairly confident Galvin and Bateman will be able to mitigate the threat of Martin and Schneider, but the worry is out wide with Tago and To'o.

in attack there is weaknesses in this side that we can exploit. Galvin coming back will straighten the attack on the left side and I think he'll find points around Schneider and Martin. there is cause for optimism on the right as well. Jarome hasn't been defending anywhere near his best and Naden is unpredictable. I do think Sezer will have some luck there at some point.

ultimately I think it's about starting well and weathering the initial storm and getting into the grind. if we do that and defend in the same manner we did against Cronulla and Parramatta then I do think we'll go close. while last week was a very poor showing, I do think it'll result in a collective upturn, especially with Galvin's inclusion. bring on tomorrow!

Last edited:
Fully admire the way the boys speak to the media and their focus for the game at hand. They also speak respectfully about other players in other teams.
I note Benji is the same and handles the media better than I expected.

Latest posts

Back