LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuela Fainu had a great game and i would not be surprised if he is starting by the end of the year
The only real shining light is he could become the tackle busting edge forward we desperately need.
Both he and Latu are quality players, we just need to work out how to use them best and gets some decent players around them.

He should start now, he's making them think twice coz he continually poses a danger. I'm hoping he will find the little extra edge and just starts breaking thru the line all the time.
Bateman was dangerous when he moved to centre and Samuela was a weapon with the ball and in defence on that edge .
I think Naden was good on the wing .
Tupou is a good football player , but Jesus man you can’t have 2 errors every single game . And errors which heap pressure on the team in key moments in the game .
Honestly I’d be asking the dolphins if they wanted to swap anyone to take Tupou now .
Staines positional play is poor on backline movements . When he should be pushing up he’s back and when he should be back he’s up .

Why did the NRL appoint the pre-pubescent work-experience kid as ref for Bathurst?

Is he the stand-out ref in the Bathurst U/12s comp??

Aside from the missed calls - this classic caught over the microphones was a personal highlight:

Ref: "get back Liam"

Random Panthers player: "Liam who?"

(* Note: Liam Martin and Liam Henry were both on the field...)
Wish he told our wingers to get back in their positions.

We have to realise that our 2 wingers especially Staines are not cutting it
Lots of errors cant finish .Nofo for all his faults could find the tryline but Charlie can't
Well ones leaving. So that’s half the problem solved. The issue is finding replacements who are actually decent. Because it’s all well and good that we let go of Noffa, but our wingers are still shit, so not much progress has been made.

here me out...Latu comes on as lock after 30 min to replace Pole, seeing Latu to Seizer to Galvin i thought we looked okay, Latu has a beautiful pass on him, doesnt panic, i just dont think he is fully fit yet..i didnt see his cannonball tackle, will he be safe for next week? ps i thougt Naden tried really hard and Bateman was great when moved to centre. Best game by ICE in a long time, great second half

65 good minutes and a result which unfortunately did not show how hard they played.We still lack point scoring on the field but are definately improving
Well there is nowhere to go down for wooden spooners

We lost by 8 one night against the Cows during the height of Taylorball. We lost 8-0. One of the most mind numbing games you‘d ever care to watch.

Please don't ever mention that game again!!
Never seen anything like,
Not scored a point in 70 minutes, behind by 8 and Moses kicks for touch to get a breather
- I left at that point.
I'm actually down on klemmer as well really not as punishing with the ball or tackling atm.

Seyfarth impressed agian
ATM?
He's not been doing it for 5 years....

Silly mistakes and poor refereeing killed our momentum in the first half, but we did good to hold them to 10-6 for most of the game. 2nd half we had the opportunities to score with multiple sets on their line but we came up with nothing.

Unlucky to not have one of our multiple late passes come off down the wings this game, might of happened 3 or 4 times, but in saying that we can’t rely on spreading the ball and passing late as our only weapon.

Positives to look at though, Naden played well for his first game back, Batemen was playing better and did a decent job at centre besides that 3 man tackle where we didn’t lock the ball up and they offloaded and scored. Forwards in general played tough and Galvin played decent with his long high kicks and his grubbers in behind even though some of them didn’t come off.

This team we came out with today have the potential to play well just gotta fix up our errors and improve our attack.

I thought they had a real dig and pushed the premiers. Their defence was pretty good except the odd mis tackle. Team work in the end killed them. Riff are the ultimate team, everyone contributes, our mob dont Know how to break a defence up ad lack an attacking plan. That will come and by seasons end I think we will see a pretty good side

Silly mistakes and poor refereeing killed our momentum in the first half, but we did good to hold them to 10-6 for most of the game. 2nd half we had the opportunities to score with multiple sets on their line but we came up with nothing.

Unlucky to not have one of our multiple late passes come off down the wings this game, might of happened 3 or 4 times, but in saying that we can’t rely on spreading the ball and passing late as our only weapon.

Positives to look at though, Naden played well for his first game back, Batemen was playing better and did a decent job at centre besides that 3 man tackle where we didn’t lock the ball up and they offloaded and scored. Forwards in general played tough and Galvin played decent with his long high kicks and his grubbers in behind even though some of them didn’t come off.

This team we came out with today have the potential to play well just gotta fix up our errors and improve our attack.
Poor refeering? Maybe. Just it wasn't a try difference...

Bateman was dangerous when he moved to centre and Samuela was a weapon with the ball and in defence on that edge .
I think Naden was good on the wing .
Tupou is a good football player , but Jesus man you can’t have 2 errors every single game . And errors which heap pressure on the team in key moments in the game .
Honestly I’d be asking the dolphins if they wanted to swap anyone to take Tupou now .
Staines positional play is poor on backline movements . When he should be pushing up he’s back and when he should be back he’s up .
When Staines did have a go at FB, he was good. I'm not sure if he'll get a chance again because of Bula being there but in my opinion (again my opinion), Staines had a better supporting role while he was FB... he was always chiming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back