LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno hal... When I think competent like to also think we are threatening their line
That doesn't happen
Catch and pass back and forth left touch to right and back again isn't really competing... Yeah it's completing sets but that's a deceptive BS stat
💯

People knocking Benji for bench rotation is harsh. The team is obviously being cautious with Latu and I think seyfarth and S Fainu had great impact and were used well.

Hopefully we get to see more of Latu in the middle, I've always felt by playing Pole in the middle it dampens his impact as a prop and, while it gives us physicality, he's limited as a ball player.
People paying money for Wests Tigers is also harsh..

Heard Sterlo and the Triple M crew talk about the tigers.

Basically they said "we should be happy about this game. It was a really strong showing from our side".

Gurds made the point that we have to convert our opportunities, as we had them early.

In short "the scoreline did not reflect the game"

I agree. That said Penrith are a top 4 side, so is Brisbane. Not liking our chances next week... but lets see after that.

The highlight of the match was Taupau‘s chip and chase. One of the funniest things I have ever seen. Think that was same night Dennis Burgess pulled out the microphone and was the halftime entertainment. It matched our performance. Just a marvellous night all round.

If that 'performance' was filmed, No one would be talking about Meatloafs....
Don't remember if it were the same night, But witnessing them both has scarred me for life

One day this clubs focus re recruitment might be on players that are fast

Sheens gave Marika his debut - but Potter did not have the interpersonal skills to work with him to develop his game - and we released him while under contract for ZERO compensation...

Another shit coach JT preferred fricking Jordan Rankin on the wing for the majority of the season while we had Josh signed for one season...

Then Pascoe went on one of his now infamous mid-season family holidays - leaving an unsigned contract extension until he returned. Only for Addo-Carr to sign with the Storm before he returned...

The joint has been an absolute shit-show of poor player retention/recruitment for a decade plus - but I would like to think Benji and Richo recognise our need for genuine speed in the backline and will invest in efforts to identify - recruit and develop elite juniors who fit that mould.

Sheens gave Marika his debut - but Potter did not have the interpersonal skills to work with him to develop his game - and we released him while under contract for ZERO compensation...

Another shit coach JT preferred fricking Jordan Rankin on the wing for the majority of the season while we had Josh signed for one season...

Then Pascoe went on one of his now infamous mid-season family holidays - leaving an unsigned contract extension until he returned. Only for Addo-Carr to sign with the Storm before he returned...

The joint has been an absolute shit-show of poor player retention/recruitment for a decade plus - but I would like to think Benji and Richo recognise our need for genuine speed in the backline and will invest in efforts to identify - recruit and develop elite juniors who fit that mould.
I rarely agree with you, but you are spot on with this post.

Yeah starting to question or the hype around Bula.
LOL ….. some of you guys man ,are so fickle . hes A gun , who still hasn’t played 1 whole season of football yet . His positional play is elite , his involvements are elite , he’s constantly around the ball.
he has the defence organised , he runs all day , makes all his tackles , saves tries , seriously , WTF are you talking about ?
he glides because that’s his running style like a modern day David peachey.
Every team in the comp who doesn’t have a turbo , Edward’s,ponga or walsh , would do anything to have a fullback like him In their team. He is NOT the problem . We didn’t execute . That’s all that happened today.we don’t have wingers who execute.
all year we have been wondering where the attack is , stripping n7mbers down the edges . Well , it was there for all to see today, and the wingers shat the bed . It is what it is . There’s a reason that team has won the last 3 premierships . They execute and grind . Most teams go in and out of games , they just wait and pounce on their opportunities .

LOL ….. some of you guys man ,are so fickle . hes A gun , who still hasn’t played 1 whole season of football yet . His positional play is elite , his involvements are elite , he’s constantly around the ball.
he has the defence organised , he runs all day , makes all his tackles , saves tries , seriously , WTF are you talking about ?
he glides because that’s his running style like a modern day David peachey.
Every team in the comp who doesn’t have a turbo , Edward’s,ponga or walsh , would do anything to have a fullback like him In their team. He is NOT the problem . We didn’t execute . That’s all that happened today.we don’t have wingers who execute.
all year we have been wondering where the attack is , stripping n7mbers down the edges . Well , it was there for all to see today, and the wingers shat the bed . It is what it is . There’s a reason that team has won the last 3 premierships . They execute and grind . Most teams go in and out of games , they just wait and pounce on their opportunities .
Great summary. I agree that he's looking good. I think people also want him to be a match winner in attack and he's obviously still learning how and when to inject himself into the play. I'd particularly like to see him be more of a threat in attacking kicks, but I still think those little things aren't yet complete and it's also as much a whole team thing rather than Bula being responsible.

Great summary. I agree that he's looking good. I think people also want him to be a match winner in attack and he's obviously still learning how and when to inject himself into the play. I'd particularly like to see him be more of a threat in attacking kicks, but I still think those little things aren't yet complete and it's also as much a whole team thing rather than Bula being responsible.
He’s trying hard, but slows and braces himself upon impact, that’s not what elite attacking players do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back