LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
Not sure if it's been said but I'm sure the video ref said knock on for the Api not try. How can that be?

After watching our mob over the past decade or so Iam actually encouraged by our efforts over the past two weeks. Okay two losses without realistically being in the contest, but we are showing ticker and a solid defensive structure. Our attack is poor but we don’t have any attacking weapons.

We have the makings of a good side, two top shelve additions next year plus maybe a couple more and we are going to have a seriously good side.

I've often been to Campbelltown and it's felt dead. Usually it's a cold Saturday night against a dull team and on the back of a poor run of form and we start with a complete boneheaded play to kick things off.

The last two games have been great and there was real buzz and excitement around the games. Unfortunately we got dominated in both.

To blame Campbelltown and knock the area is really low and poor. If anything the last two games prove Campbelltown IS our future. Getting 17k for the wooden spooners who are also doing badly again is brilliant.

Well done to fans for turning up again. The players had intensity and effort, we are just outclassed and out of luck with the referees. It's very disheartening that fans have got behind the team and have endured our two worst performances.

You can only hope Benji and Co are having a good look at why our attack is so clunky and why we struggle to worry any half decent defence, even when we have our fair share of good field position.
Obviously there are many reasons behind this, our depth when attacking is way below average, hopefully that is something that can be corrected from a coaching point of view.
Defensively we are physical and strong for long periods, particularly when our starting forwards are on, but some poor one on one misses and some issues getting stripped for numbers still a big concern.
I’m not really a John Bateman fan and overall he didn’t have a good game, but he did add a point of difference with his ball playing as a 13, not his fault we couldn’t capitalise on it. In saying this he tires quickly and should not be playing anywhere near 80 minutes when playing as a 13.

I've often been to Campbelltown and it's felt dead. Usually it's a cold Saturday night against a dull team and on the back of a poor run of form and we start with a complete boneheaded play to kick things off.

The last two games have been great and there was real buzz and excitement around the games. Unfortunately we got dominated in both.

To blame Campbelltown and knock the area is really low and poor. If anything the last two games prove Campbelltown IS our future. Getting 17k for the wooden spooners who are also doing badly again is brilliant.

Well done to fans for turning up again. The players had intensity and effort, we are just outclassed and out of luck with the referees. It's very disheartening that fans have got behind the team and have endured our two worst performances.
the eastern side was full of Brisbane fans, they were cheering and chanting for Reynolds when he took that intercept at the end. A very good attendance from Brisbane fans tonight which was surprising

You can only hope Benji and Co are having a good look at why our attack is so clunky and why we struggle to worry any half decent defence, even when we have our fair share of good field position.
Obviously there are many reasons behind this, our depth when attacking is way below average, hopefully that is something that can be corrected from a coaching point of view.
Defensively we are physical and strong for long periods, particularly when our starting forwards are on, but some poor one on one misses and some issues getting stripped for numbers still a big concern.
I’m not really a John Bateman fan and overall he didn’t have a good game, but he did add a pint of difference with his ball playing as a 13, not his fault we couldn’t capitalise on it. In saying this he tires quickly and should not be playing anywhere near 80 minutes when playing as a 13.
It’s the spine.
Api is our point of attack and the poor bugger is making 50 tackles per game. Sezer is trying but isn’t a spring chicken anymore. Bula and Galvin still very wet.
Our attack will be clunky until someone owns the 7, Bula learns to ballplay and Luai arrives.

the eastern side was full of Brisbane fans, they were cheering and chanting for Reynolds when he took that intercept at the end. A very good attendance from Brisbane fans tonight which was surprising
You have to admit that was really fun to watch

Lots of opinions & you all make some valid points, I think.

I believe our forwards are good enough to compete with most teams. BUT- we don't really ever play a dominant game. Utoikamanu is just a step below being as consistant as required & he has too many games like tonight in him. That said, he's still quite young. Klemmer is still in the best 3 props in the club & should be in the team until he is outplayed. Papali'i actually looks like he's trying, but in the second half I can barely remember the ball getting to him. I thought Bateman running through the middle offered some quickness. I'd persevere with him at #13, but he needs to attack the retreating defence as often as possible. Sam Fainu was good outside of the obvious moments...

I've liked what Sezar has brought to the team & he displays a few good moments a game. Unfortunately, he'd be far more effective if the other half was more dominant- and Galvin isn't ready for that yet. Galvin offers some nice touches but it's clear he's still learning how to inject himself into the game. I was going to suggest a shift to the centres but...instead, I'd suggest Galvin to #7 & Latu Fainu to start at #6 with Sezar on the bench to play the role Hastings was supposed to play.

And with Fainu in the line-up, I'd bring in Feledy to the centres instead of Naden. Thought Alaimalo was ok when going forward. His turning circle is a bit awkward, but he showed a few nice touches. Staines stays by default- but at least I can admit his effort is there. Olam is what he is- an older warrior on the decline. He adds high effort & makes players look up when he's coming for them, but he's a little slow off, the mark.

Bula getting critisised sounds about right for a message board. He's going to make errors. But in general, they are few & far between. His involvement in attack will improve over time, I'd like to see him continue his defensive development & focus on being in the right spot. When he attacks the line, he looks good.

Our bench is an issue. I think we all love Twal. He is, however, just a guy. Pole is the best bench forward we have right now. Seyfarth offers a lot of effort.

Only Pole offers any kind of impact out of those 3 though. Watching the Magpies- can't wait for Miller to be more ready. He brings the kind of impact needed off the bench. TDS off the bench would increase our attacking options as well, but there are only so many spots. I do think Matamua looked significantly better today.

Benji cannot get the kids on the field fast enough. There will be mistakes, but I want them to have a few games under their belt when Luai & Turuva arrive so we can take advantage of these great recruits.

Yeah, it's a real problem that we're losing our area to teams like the Broncos. I'm sure many of their fans are Qld people now living here, but there'd also be lots of fans in the area jumping on the bandwagon of a big time superstar laden team. Club desperately needs a run of form out there.

I don't go to many games these days. But I was at the game tonight.
Not going to talk about the match in this post. Rather about the feeling at Campbelltown. The Tigers have been better this year and when I saw it was a full house I expected a cracking atmosphere.

But it wasn't at all. Honestly, it might as well have been empty.
During the game, I turned to the people around me and I was like, are we still observing the Anzac minute silence?! come on! you can hear a pin drop in here!
The only fans making noise were Broncos fans. It felt like we were outnumbered. Embarrassing.

The only times there was a Tigers chant was when it came over the PA system. And that was only a couple times and no one really joined in. (tbh I always cringe when those chants come over the speaker - it's like conceding that we don't cheer).

Please don't give the excuse that there wasn't much to cheer for. That is never an excuse IMO and anyway doesn't check out.
The stands were muted, lacking fervour. I confess I was not much better. It's hard when everyone is silent being the only voice. There are only so many times you are willing to look like a lunatic and feel like one.

Would some atmosphere have turned the game? Probably not. But that is irrelevant. We have to try something to make our home stadiums more of a feared place to go for travelling teams and a more enjoyable place for us to go.

As the community of passionate fans that we are, we could do something about it collectively. Could be bringing flags and signs, a drum or a trumpet, figure out some easy chants to lead, anything!
Perhaps a thread each week can be dedicated to the people going and ensuring we have a loud and vibrant presence?
I really don't know, but something has to be done. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Because I don't agree that Campbelltown stadium itself sucks. It's what happens there that does.

Members online

No members online now.
Back