TEAM LIST Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs believe it or not actually have the 4th best defense based on PA so it's gonna to be a tough game as will every game be. But I like our odds of keeping the game close. First of all we need to complete well. Can't have the dogs having multiple sets or else we will tire ourselves out with no energy to throw against there defense. Also anyone heard how Api is tracking so far in training? Gonna need a big game from him.

They have been a pure effort team. If you compare various metrics they sit around 12-15th on most whilst we are around the 14-16th for most.

Even if the ball hit the corner post, it's not out. The rule has been changed a few years ago. We would have lost regardless...
The corner post if knocked out by a player is not out but if the ball hits the corner post under the latest rulings it is still out, the same as touch in goal.

Pretty sure that is the rule now, but unsure whether it applies to the ball when it is in possession of a player or only if the ball is free of a players contact when it has been kicked or similar and free of a player's contact.

The fact that we lose regardless is not the point, the point is the bias in the scrutiny of some of these decisions.

There were many others as well, Api's disallowed try, a couple of forward passes, there was a hip drop on Twal just before Api's try that did not cause him an injury but was never scrutinised by the bunker because many teams milk these situations but we are either too honest or too stupid to take advantage of these situations.

The point is that it just goes on and on week after week and seems to always go in favour of the teams that are expected to win.

That's called 'switching off'

blaming the kicker for that... I've heard it all now... A Kicks only as good as its chase

------------------------------------------

Many seem to have a different tune now to the Dogs recruiting, compared to summer.
It did seem like they were just buying anyone who came along next... And maybe it is a bit of that... But CC has them going OK at the moment, you can only play what's in front of you
Yeah okay, I'm wrong, it was a great wonderfully directed kick into the in-goal area for a team that is historically hopeless at contesting kicks.

As a side note you seem to have missed the part where I was taking the piss with it being an 8 tackle set, probably the only 8 tackle set ever in the history of the NRL.

These things can only happen at the Wests Tigers. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if a wet track will help us or not. The Dogs are a very physical side 1 thru 17 and have some size in the backline. Also they are coming off the bye and we are coming off two big games.

My heart says we have a real chance my wallet says we are outsiders

We’ve just come off playing 2 teams that’ll likely feature in this years prelims at worst

Dogs will be a step down in class but they’ve showed solid improvement, it wouldn’t surprise me if either team win in a close slog but I don’t think we’ll see a flogging

the Dogs are a really intriguing side. they concede the least running metres out of any team in the league, but they also make the least amount of metres in the comp. they frontload their energy into their linespeed and contact, and rely on shifting the ball to that lethal left edge to make metres downfield when required.

it makes for an interesting contest tomorrow. the wet weather will tighten things up which should play into our hands, but it requires Api to put them in two minds and try and get guys like Stefano and Klemmer one on one with Mann, Morrin, Hayward etc. there will be points there, plus down our left edge where they've got Salmon and Hutchison next to one another.

their left edge is lethal whatever the weather, but Newcastle did have some luck early in the game when Lucas pushed up hard from the inside to cut Burton's time down. if Papali'i can do that consistently it will help us immensely.

Aidan Sezer is extremely important tomorrow. needs to kick long all day and put the Dogs deep in their corners. far too often recently he's tried to be tricky and it has hurt us. if he can play high percentage it will go a long way towards us winning this one.

Not sure if a wet track will help us or not. The Dogs are a very physical side 1 thru 17 and have some size in the backline. Also they are coming off the bye and we are coming off two big games.

My heart says we have a real chance my wallet says we are outsiders
Naden and Olam are not small.

Yeah okay, I'm wrong, it was a great wonderfully directed kick into the in-goal area for a team that is historically hopeless at contesting kicks.

As a side note you seem to have missed the part where I was taking the piss with it being an 8 tackle set, probably the only 8 tackle set ever in the history of the NRL.

These things can only happen at the Wests Tigers. :ROFLMAO:
Its not wether the kick was good or not....you blamed sezar for Fanus stuff up...own your stuff ups

Ftr I did notice your 8 tackle comment...wasnt sure if trying to be funny, srs or what

Ive learnt now, apologies for not laughing

Still luv ya Ink, no apologies needed.

Hope you're traveling okay and good to see you spending lots of time on the forum, always appreciate your contributions whether we're in agreement or not.

PS: It was a shit kick considering this teams track record of contesting kicks, might work for other teams but we're not at that level yet.

I'm not so sure about this game. Dogs are not the same side as the last couple of seasons. They've been very competitive in all their games. That left side attack is probably the most dangerous in the comp whilst Crichton and co tightens up their right side defense. People saying they got a light forward pack but that hasn't stopped them from matching it with Storm, Roosters and other teams that they've played.

I'm not so sure about this game. Dogs are not the same side as the last couple of seasons. They've been very competitive in all their games. That left side attack is probably the most dangerous in the comp whilst Crichton and co tightens up their right side defense. People saying they got a light forward pack but that hasn't stopped them from matching it with Storm, Roosters and other teams that they've played.
I think their light forward pack to an extent might work in their favour when it comes to defence. Lots of media reporting around Ciraldo's defensive coaching has been a focus on repeat individual efforts. Probably cant do that carrying too many big fellas. Works against them though too as someone else has pointed out they have trouble making ground in attack.

I think Tigers will win the territorial battle (like we seem to do most weeks), its just whether the attack can pull it together. Its frustrating watching them get into good positions only to be turned away again and again. Teams happy to give away 6 agains while on their own line if they are in trouble, knowing they will likely hold us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back