TEAM LIST Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
We lose Api they lose Tracey, that's not a fair trade to me haha. Jokes aside he did need a break as others have stated but this is such a winnable game so it's a shame he is out for this game. Anyways next man up mentality let's see what Simpkin can do. Maybe we become more well rounded now.

job just got tougher but ultimately the plan doesn't change. Bateman will need to bring plenty of energy through the middle and Bula needs to sniff around the ruck.

I think their light forward pack to an extent might work in their favour when it comes to defence. Lots of media reporting around Ciraldo's defensive coaching has been a focus on repeat individual efforts. Probably cant do that carrying too many big fellas. Works against them though too as someone else has pointed out they have trouble making ground in attack.

I think Tigers will win the territorial battle (like we seem to do most weeks), its just whether the attack can pull it together. Its frustrating watching them get into good positions only to be turned away again and again. Teams happy to give away 6 agains while on their own line if they are in trouble, knowing they will likely hold us out.

Yeah but they can score from anywhere. What's the point of us making ground when we can't score?

Api out is a blow; while he is good we should be well drilled enough to cope without him. Bateman needs to step up and lead from the front.

While a lot of what has been written here about Kickau, the dogs left edge and how good their defence has been; it is not something we need to be overly concerned with. Our Tigpies problem is primarily between the ears; we either start slow and turn it on in the second half or match it with the best of them for 60 minutes then drop off in concentration. The only game we have gone for the full 80 was against the Sharks, and I would argue that the Sharks attack is at least as good as what the Dogs have to throw at us.

With Api out this game will be decided by the team that is prepared to fight for the 80 minutes. We will miss him bringing players onto the ball but surely Simpkins has been studying hard to learn from him. He has a chance to make a name fo himself - time to really step up.

We can't can't change the way the Dogs will want to play - but we can influence the outcome by going into the game focussed on executing what we do well; kicking deep and pinning them there. IF we play the field positon and frustrate them with our defence there will be chances for the taking off their errors.

Sezer has toi get his kicking game right, especially if it is wet, and we know that Burton will be trying to do the same to us. Getting a roll on out of our own end is a must so Klemmer, Stef and Co need to chew up some meters after the back five have got us off the line.

What does all of this have in common - winning tomorrow is more about attitude than skill. I expect that the team with the best mindset will win. We are notoriously slow starters so Benji needs to channel a bit of Roy Masters and get the boys right up for this one and Bateman needs to lead by example and drag Stef, Klemmer and Papalii into the dogfight from the kickoff! Do that, even minus Api, we win this one.

We lose Api they lose Tracey, that's not a fair trade to me haha. Jokes aside he did need a break as others have stated but this is such a winnable game so it's a shame he is out for this game. Anyways next man up mentality let's see what Simpkin can do. Maybe we become more well rounded now.
Yeah he needed a break. Besides im curious to see what Galvin and Sezar caj do without him. They need to do something.

Api ruled out... Simpkin comes straight in.
I just heard this news on rsdio

Big bug bear of mine...
On the old forum this would have its own thread, Our captain and our best player by miles ruled out, but now it's buried in a team list thread which I might read once or twice from 4pm Tues - game day... Just so the place don't look messy

I expect our odds to blow right out now, there was a little money for us today... It's actually v continuing just checking now

Last edited:
I don’t think we will lose much defensively with Api out - Jake is a good defender but may not do some of the effort plays that Api is known for.

I think the real issue is the attack. Jake doesn’t have the same level of craftiness that Api is known for. He isn’t bad on a quick play the ball but overall doesn’t seem to engage the markers effectively.

Still luv ya Ink, no apologies needed.

Hope you're traveling okay and good to see you spending lots of time on the forum, always appreciate your contributions whether we're in agreement or not.

PS: It was a shit kick considering this teams track record of contesting kicks, might work for other teams but we're not at that level yet.
No worries Hank....likewise mate.
No work now and crap weather, plus sitting up all night due to insomnia, FB & insta get about 5 mins each, the news websites likewise theyre just depressing, even when we play like crap this place is the best thing on the net, even at 3am when I have to be quiet and dont wanna disturb anyone else.

Dont remember the kick really i just laughed at Fainu tackling - was it Walsh?
Cant recall..

Api good for 6 points with his trick plays at least. Odds have blown out. Dogs 1.26 as I type. Need a huge performance. Would be awesome to jag a win. No way confident. Dragons was the game we needed to win and this is another one that is less likely.

Api is our best player and Carry’s the team hard, somtimes too hard…Will be interesting to see how our halves play with a more traditional playing hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back