LIVE GAME Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Live Game Discussion
I was so happy after we beat the Sharks and the next week the Eels … five losses later and I really don’t give a shit anymore. What the hell is going on with this team? Most of those losses we didn’t get out of first gear until the second half when it was too late to win. Now we go alright in the first half and leave all the effort and attitude in the sheds. Baffling. Wooden spoon number 3 incoming.
Agree. WE missed the boat with Flanagan.

I don't know if players can be judged in effort due to stats at all times.

Ice I think, was off the field for a bit of the 2nd half.

Halfway through the 2nd half a stat came up that we had 4/4 completions to the Dogs 13/15 (could have been higher). The important thing was- 4/4, halfway through the 2nd half.

No possession- no hit ups.

The whistle kept the ball out of our hands. The 'very fast' Bulldogs line speed coupled with slow service at dummy half lead to our attack stopping after 1 pass.

Sezar kicked with 3 Bulldogs in his face all 2nd half. Bula tackled BEHIND the ruck after receiving the 1st pass of a set. There was zero momentum in attack due to a few factors.

They only scored 22. They had a multitude of very good reasons to score more.

Bateman had 2-3 really good hit ups around the ruck in the 1st half. Which is ideally, what I would want from him. But that second half just gave us nothing.

Sezar was brought in for a job- to be the bridge between Latu Fainu being not ready to ready. Galvin's ascent was probably unthought of at the time. It might be time to just hand the keys to Latu now & have Sezar as the bench player. His defence & running game could open up that "Hastings Lock Role" that Sheens wanted.

The momentum of the game changed when Latu Fainu came on at Dummy Half to replace Simpkin.

Our attack stalled, kickers were constantly rushed, our kicks suffered as a result.

Not a knock on Fainu. He's just too slow with his service at dummy half.

We were on top in both score & flow of play- our attack immediately stalled on his arrival.
EXACTLY!!!

So what happened in the second half , we went back to one out hit ups and a kick but sezer never got himself in a position to get a good kick away, he had a shocker. The reason has to come back on sezer no one was deep , all the players were flat no chance to play any football, bula is a talent but the try they scored with the kick in behind was on him he was lazy , he has a lot to learn , is it just me or does everyone see that we don’t make many front on tackles , it’s more like coming in from the side the reason that they make so many yards after contact .
I don’t know where benji goes from here because what ever he’s doing is not working maybe time to start screaming and throwing a tratrum 😳

This probably belongs in the KOE thread. But in reply to Hank.......maybe it's not the players but the coach? I'm not sure, just asking a question, but what was Paynes coaching credentials before coming here?
Pretty sure he was Townsville Blackhawks coach .....and don't quote me but I think he was sacked late last year

I don't know if players can be judged in effort due to stats at all times.

Ice I think, was off the field for a bit of the 2nd half.

Halfway through the 2nd half a stat came up that we had 4/4 completions to the Dogs 13/15 (could have been higher). The important thing was- 4/4, halfway through the 2nd half.

No possession- no hit ups.

The whistle kept the ball out of our hands. The 'very fast' Bulldogs line speed coupled with slow service at dummy half lead to our attack stopping after 1 pass.

Sezar kicked with 3 Bulldogs in his face all 2nd half. Bula tackled BEHIND the ruck after receiving the 1st pass of a set. There was zero momentum in attack due to a few factors.

They only scored 22. They had a multitude of very good reasons

Sezar was brought in for a job- to be the bridge between Latu Fainu being not ready to ready. Galvin's ascent was probably unthought of at the time. It might be time to just hand the keys to Latu now & have Sezar as the bench player. His defence & running game could open up that "Hastings Lock Role" that Sheens wanted.

Sezer’s defence is actually quite solid … could have him on the bench to cover halves and to give Api a break ….

Not sure Latu is ready to start though

I thought coaching was a bit like Maguires use of the bench again. Bunji not reading the game and just waiting till the desired time to bring the front rowers back on. When 5 minutes into the second half blind Freddy could see we were under the pump and we needed to bring the starters back on early!

Sezer is frustrating because he did play well early in the season …

The Dogs did well today though to harass him all game … Kikau just lined himself opposite him all game ..
Sezer is just to slow for the game in 2024.A reasonable kicker and that s about it.

Is latu injured or is he lacking enthusiasm. His brother needs to put a rocket up him. Brother tends to play with aggression and I heard Latu has the same but haven’t seen anything to inspire confidence. Out of position of course

We certainly did ,but unfortunately we went for a kindergarden coach, unfortunately there's no quick answer Marshall is here for a few more years with the support of the ceo a few more spoons to come yet
Thats the thing. We missed Flanagan. Now we are so dumb that we won't have a crack at Bennett.

I thought coaching was a bit like Maguires use of the bench again. Bunji not reading the game and just waiting till the desired time to bring the front rowers back on. When 5 minutes into the second half blind Freddy could see we were under the pump and we needed to bring the starters back on early!
Not sure on the stats today. Im a supporter of Stefs, but his last few games haven't screamed get me back into the action. I don't know what is happening with him, but weeks ago i was in the "get Stef back on" to change some momentum, but that has disappeared for some reason

Not sure on the stats today. Im a supporter of Stefs, but his last few games haven't screamed get me back into the action. I don't know what is happening with him, but weeks ago i was in the "get Stef back on" to change some momentum, but that has disappeared for some reason
Talking to other clubs???

Latest posts

Back