Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

I heard that Todd Payten has aspirations to come back “home” one day, and the way Cows are going he may be available.
A few others, like Demetriou,Holbrook, Griffin but they have been dumped so are they the right way to go, And they might not want to Coaching Director hat.
Outside that, not too sure.
Might’ve been Paytens aspiration a few years ago, but definitely not the case any more.

Believe that 😀

Benji will succeed as a coach through the school of hard knocks, but it won't be the fairytale that we're all hoping for.

If Benji, John, Robbie and Heighno can jag 8+ wins this season, we're heading in the right direction for '25.

Reckon your right. Personally can't see Richo keeping Benji if results don't improve, Richo only has a 4 yr deal I can't see him wasting time if things aren't working out.
What did Richo do with:
Jason Taylor
Madge? (was he even around then)?

I suspect that Benji is safe 2024, gone 2025 if we don't move significantly up the ladder.

Realistically, the goal for this year is 'don't finish last.'

2025 it is 'push for top 8.'

2026, with a year to settle into combinations with Luai and the other recruits it is Top 8 or bust.

Benji is not going anywhere for the next 3 years but come mid-26 and we still look like not making the finals, then and only then will questions be asked and decisions made.

My only expectations this year were to unearth some juniors and improve our competitiveness. Galvin and our overall points differential especially defence ticks those boxes so far. Uto moving on if he doesn’t accept offer is a step back. Two big steps forward with Luai and Turuva recruitment. I see improvement as I can actually watch a game this year without turning the TV off but the attack has to improve its slow motion stuff.

Benji will succeed as a coach through the school of hard knocks, but it won't be the fairytale that we're all hoping for.

If Benji, John, Robbie and Heighno can jag 8+ wins this season, we're heading in the right direction for '25.
We will be lucky to get 2 more wins, let alone 6 more?

Realistically, the goal for this year is 'don't finish last.'

2025 it is 'push for top 8.'

2026, with a year to settle into combinations with Luai and the other recruits it is Top 8 or bust.

Benji is not going anywhere for the next 3 years but come mid-26 and we still look like not making the finals, then and only then will questions be asked and decisions made.
I would say it would be a very big win if we don't get another spoon. I would absolutely rejoice

Better than Gadget and Pascoe telling us we had a strong roster and a new gym so we’re sweet.
The new gym/centre of excellence...WOW!!!

When all the other teams' players see how much difference it's made to our current players, i.e... we don't have soft pillow forwards or backs anymore...just muscular beasts, we won't be able to stop the stampede of players wanting to play for WT's.

But, on 2nd thought, maybe the $$$ may have been better utilised in moving the Glenn Morrison Memorial Toilet Block into the middle of the grandstand. At least that way the wee that usually covers the floor to a depth of about 1 inch, could be cleared by running down the steps to then get under the feet of everyone [lets share it around] in the big $$$ ringside seats.

The new gym/centre of excellence...WOW!!!

When all the other teams' players see how much difference it's made to our current players, i.e... we don't have soft pillow forwards or backs anymore...just muscular beasts, we won't be able to stop the stampede of players wanting to play for WT's.

But, on 2nd thought, maybe the $$$ may have been better utilised in moving the Glenn Morrison Memorial Toilet Block into the middle of the grandstand. At least that way the wee that usually covers the floor to a depth of about 1 inch, could be cleared by running down the steps to then get under the feet of everyone [lets share it around] in the big $$$ ringside seats.
You know they replace that with proper toilets like 2 years ago

Reactions: BZN
You know they replace that with proper toilets like 2 years ago
Thanks for letting me know that bb, as I wasn't aware that was the case.
I've never been there, so I was just waxing lyrical [unfortunately] from what has been said on here.
My apologies to anyone I may have offended.

So where do they need to finish next year to keep Benji?

The Top 8 is a pipe dream running back this team back plus Luia
There has to be improvement in terms of position on the ladder I'd say 10th - 11th. With a year more experience I don't think they'll make the 8 but want to see them pushing for a spot and pushing teams inside the 8 even if they lose.

Back