OFFICIAL Sheens gone

So when will the removal of the board happen? Seemingly on the 12th of never… people don’t often vote to sack themselves
Exactly so we sack Sheens, Maguire and whoever comes over nothing's going to change. The place is a shitshow. If Sheens couldn't get the guys to fire what the he'll is Benji going to do.

Step 1 - Remove Sheen's as coach so Benji takes over
Step 2 - Sign experienced assistant to support Benji
Step 3 - Fire Benji after the team doesn't improve within a year
Step 4 - Promote experienced assistant to Head Coach and proclaim another 5 year plan
Step 5 - Repeat
That's probably a fair prediction based on previous events.

Jason Taylor, Ivan Cleary, Maguire all had long term plans that were aborted (albeit Ivan aborted it himself).

Some “leaders” keep sacking middle management to buy them time but each time moves them closer to their own demise

Lee and Pascoe time is coming although one may take out the other first

As Johnny Cash said, “Sooner or later God'll cut you down”

This club just can't stay on course...They bring in Sheens to be Head of Football - great move, only to move him to be Head Coach, less than 6 months later, only because no one wanted to be our Coach; then they white ant Sheens by brining in Fulton without his knowledge; the team under performs this year as a result of the internal unsettlement...of course Sheens has had enough and wants out...

Seriously, this club is a mess and needs a complete overhaul from the Board down to the Coaches. I'm so glad I'm not a member anymore, this club doesn't deserve my hard earnt.

I disagree a bit. I hear what you are stating but you can't come dead last 2 years in a row and expect things to be settled.

Is Sheens the right person to be there now ? I don't know. Maybe bringing in Fulton was the right thing to do. We've signed the Fainu's and Latu Fainu may be a game changer for us.

Is the team underperforming because of internal politics ? I don't think so. I think that is like the Brooks bashers who blame any missed tackle on Brooks being there. My expectation is that players perform to their best despite the external situation and if they can't get rid of them.

I hear what you state about staying on course but if things aren't working you need to make some changes.

I think this is a good change.

Sheens' results by any measure are miserable since he started his involvement with the club in his second stint. I think it's fair enough to get rid of him as nothing he's done has come off and even his modest assertions of promising we'll be better than last year haven't happened.

Pascoe and Lee's continual backflipping also needs to have consequences. These guys are on to their 4th or 5th five year plan in 12 months. They don't know what they are doing.

This club just can't stay on course...They bring in Sheens to be Head of Football - great move, only to move him to be Head Coach, less than 6 months later, only because no one wanted to be our Coach; then they white ant Sheens by brining in Fulton without his knowledge; the team under performs this year as a result of the internal unsettlement...of course Sheens has had enough and wants out...

Seriously, this club is a mess and needs a complete overhaul from the Board down to the Coaches. I'm so glad I'm not a member anymore, this club doesn't deserve my hard earnt.
I doubt they will be getting my membership money next year after getting it for many years prior.

Would not be surprised if 20,000 dogs, cats and others follow me out the door.

Just you wait...when the young guns we are putting all our faith in say "nah this joint sucks" and leave to begin stellar careers at Roosters, Storm etc...thats when true rock bottom will be realised. By then we'll be stuck with these aged mentors who are becoming injury prone and experiencing irreversable drops in form. It’salready happening with Bateman. Klemmer will join him by the end of next year.

So what happens then? They win two games? None…?

Winning 7 games out of 50 is pretty unprecedented in these days of salary caps,..

I think you are joking if you honestly think they can go lower

I actually see this as a positive. Have one voice, Benji will interact better with the younger team members. We weren't setting the world on fire to begin with, and if reports are accurate about Benji controlling the most recent game, well they played a lot better. Just need another senior assistant like Furner to help Benji now but Benji is no coward he will take it on full bore and give everything.
It is probable that Benji has been running things for most of the year.
Theres reports he does most of the talking at training.
Sheens has stated he is the attacking coach...an area where we have been miserable.
He seems to be giving most/all directions from the box on game day.

This year's spoon is his every bit as much as Tim's.

Exactly so we sack Sheens, Maguire and whoever comes over nothing's going to change. The place is a shitshow. If Sheens couldn't get the guys to fire what the he'll is Benji going to do.

Sheens was never going to work,.., he hasn’t had any success in over a decade …

Like I said …, I have no faith that Benji will get it done either… but here we are hoping,,,

Why make statements of 5 year plans if not going to follow it . Also I don’t see any change happening on the field with Benji now officially as head coach . 360 have all year been saying he is coach and sheens just fronts up for press conferences … you see it in the game with Benji on headset and barking instructions

I hope if this is the case sheens has just realised he is too old for this and wants to bow out quietly. The media beat us up enough without warring factions within

His original appointment as Head of Football was a good call. Thats a role he would have done well in.
His removal from that role and subsequent appointment as Head Coach was knee jerk in its desperation.
His removal as Head Coach to elevate Benji prematurely will be a f@%king disaster, bigger than any stuff up this club has ever made. Benji will turn this side into an OzTag team. We'll score some good tries but get done by 50 a lot next year.

Popcorn time!
Next episode of the series - Sheens to Manly with his mate mcDonald

So what happens then? They win two games? None…?

Winning 7 games out of 50 is pretty unprecedented in these days of salary caps,..

I think you are joking if you honestly think they can go lower
They continue going down this path. They dont improve. They repeat the cycle.
I think you are greatly misunderstanding what is happening.

Sheens wrote his death card when he backed brooks over hastings as a half back

And then saying after 7 losses we need a half back

And now the club has neither brooks nor hastings and the Knights are in the 8

Make no mistake the board members reviewed this and saw it as the reason this season failed

I have spoken to two of them and this is what “one” of the issues was.

They backed brooks because of sheens even though a few of them preferred hastings and now they’ve been justified so they knifed him.

Benji will be fired as well.
He may make it through to the end of 2025, but his card has been marked as well.
Already has one spoon on his regime.

They continue going down this path. They dont improve. They repeat the cycle.
I think you are greatly misunderstanding what is happening.

Rock bottom… can’t get any worse,,. I think you
misunderstand me … not improving is not the same as getting worse,

Sheens wrote his death card when he backed brooks over hastings as a half back

And then saying after 7 losses we need a half back

And now the club has neither brooks nor hastings and the Knights are in the 8

Make no mistake the board members reviewed this and saw it as the reason this season failed

I have spoken to two of them and this is what “one” of the issues was.

They backed brooks because of sheens even though a few of them preferred hastings and now they’ve been justified so they knifed him.
It was a stupid decision.

Latest posts

Members online

Back