Sheens real reason behind moltz at FB

anderson_silva

its because hes trying to make him into brett hodgson mkII.

Bretts not here anymore tim its time to move on, i think we need to adopt a hard running fullback, whos big and strong and a line breaker like hayne slater mckinnon hunt stewart and so on and the man to fill that void is chris lawrence, we dont need 4/5 ball playing options in a team 3 is very sufficent.

So sheens give up on moltz at FB, hes not that good there and give lawrence a go there try something new get rid of your stupid methods and get with the modern day game, i cant believe they call him an innovator, we are going no where, just treading water.

well der…

that's why he moved him from HB to FB in the 20's last year as soon as Hodgo said he was going overseas.

@alex said:
well der…

that's why he moved him from HB to FB in the 20's last year as soon as Hodgo said he was going overseas.

but sheens has said all along he will be a greater FB then HB, yet weve seen him play about 5 games at half and 15 at FB so tell me where hes looked best.

he doesnt want him to be a FB he want him to play hodgos role, and this style is done with, it was done with at the end of 07 and yet he keeps persisting with it, hes not playing the best FB at FB hes trying to emulate someone who use to play here

I wouldn't mind if Sheens tries Lawrence at fullback during the trails next year. I have always thought that Lawrence could be awesome at fullback.

I recall Lazarus being at fullback before Moltzen EVER played there in the U20s. It was ONLY when Lazarus was injured, that Moltzen replaced him there. Also i recall Lazarus fighting out the fullback spot during this year's trials against Hanbury, McDonnell, Gallant. Moltzen was not even in the picture for FB at this stage before the season commenced.
So the only reason i can see is that the closest type of player to Lazarus emerging was Moltzen. Both as ballplayers with sharp skills and a history of playing in the halves which is what Sheens has made it clear he wants in his fullback.

Get immuned to it because the 1,6,7,9 next year will be Moltzen,Marshall,Lui,Farrah full stop and gauranteed.Lui has been a standout in the under 20's and although quite green at this stage that's where his future lies in the number 7\. :wink:

Sheens likes his FB to be a ball player. Hence he thought having a HB at FB would satisfy this role.

Mullaney's doing pretty good at it in the U20s. Frequently see a Nicholls -> Lui -> a sweeping Mullaney who either scores himself or sets up the centre/wing.

And CT in regards to the trials … we had 4 guys all fighting for the FB spot but who was named the Rd 1? Moltzen. Sheens always had Moltzen pencilled in at FB the whole time. If he was deadset on choosing the form FB and HB he wouldnt have left 1\. Moltzen 7\. Benji for so long.

@alex said:
And CT in regards to the trials … we had 4 guys all fighting for the FB spot but who was named the Rd 1? Moltzen. Sheens always had Moltzen pencilled in at FB the whole time. If he was deadset on choosing the form FB and HB he wouldnt have left 1\. Moltzen 7\. Benji for so long.

:laughing: So is that why Lazarus was shifted to fullback in the NYC and Moltzen to halfback in NYC following their stint together in PremierLeague?? You FAIL to recall Lazarus was injured before Rd1\. Clues..

Chris Lawrence is the best centre in the club and one of the best in the league. WE DO NOT weaken such an important position to find a fullback. TnT would not have scored so many tries this year without CL and Lawrences defence has been a part of the late season resurgence.

Glenn

@crouching_tiger said:
@alex said:

:laughing: So is that why Lazarus was shifted to fullback in the NYC and Moltzen to halfback in NYC following their stint together in PremierLeague?? You FAIL to recall Lazarus was injured before Rd1\. Clues..

Your right…...about the whole 20's thing....

Moltzen would have started ahead of Lazarus even if Blake wasn't injured.....Lazarus got 5mins against the Bunnies then hurt for BRET....

Sheens showed his hand at Shellharbour....Benji was still an experiment at 7 so J Mo needed to be there at 6.....Collis was fit and in the team...Hanbury was on the bench in case any thing went pear shaped .....where do you think he was going to fit Moltzen in.....the only vacant position....Fullback

Would you have had Gallant or McDonnell....Moltzen State Cup?

@Glennb said:
Chris Lawrence is the best centre in the club and one of the best in the league. WE DO NOT weaken such an important position to find a fullback. TnT would not have scored so many tries this year without CL and Lawrences defence has been a part of the late season resurgence.

Glenn

Lightning Lawrence could be one of the best fullbacks too. Fullback is just as important as centre. I can see Lawrence running the back very quickly from kicks and hanging around sniffing for offloads. They should try it during the trials and see how he goes.

@Glennb said:

Glenn

he might be the best centre but his involvement, or should i say, lack of, really isnt utilising his talent to our advantage.
throw him at fullback or five eight…
put marshall in the centres...

we have the right players, we just havent found the right mix... and its because too many lock in their opinion that a player should be a certain position... to them i say, lockyer was once a fullback...

The main problem I see for next season is who will be halfback? We've got Moltzen who performed well at half this season prior to being moved back to fullback and then there is Lui, while still very young has a huge amount of talent and will no doubt develop further with a full off-season with the top squad. He can still play in the 20's next season, but odds are he won't.

I'm not real excited about the signing of Mitch Brown, he's big enough and quick enough and has averaged good metres at fullback for the Sharks when he's played there.

@willow said:
The main problem I see for next season is who will be halfback? We've got Moltzen who performed well at half this season prior to being moved back to fullback and then there is Lui, while still very young has a huge amount of talent and will no doubt develop further with a full off-season with the top squad. He can still play in the 20's next season, but odds are he won't.

I'm not real excited about the signing of Mitch Brown, he's big enough and quick enough and has averaged good metres at fullback for the Sharks when he's played there.

moltzen is the best halves option with benji we all saw that.

i honestly would like to see this backline for atleast one trial

1)Lawrence
2)Tuiaki
3)Ayshford
4)brown/daniella/pritchard/davis (not in the percieved order)
5)Ryan

@willow said:

I fully expect to see

1\. Moltzen/Gallant
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui/Moltzen
9\. Farah

@MagpieMax said:
Get immuned to it because the 1,6,7,9 next year will be Moltzen,Marshall,Lui,Farrah full stop and gauranteed.Lui has been a standout in the under 20's and although quite green at this stage that's where his future lies in the number 7\. :wink:

Hey max….long time no see....hows that diet going?

I think Lui will end up a lock, a ball playing lock ala Brad Clyde

Damn Sheens, now he has me comparing the juniors to past greats.

I don't care about which jersey Benji wears. He is a half. He just takes the ball from wherever he wants. He can play halfback and wear the six if he wants to so bad lol.

Anyway if I were Sheens I would be aiming at.

1\. Shannon Gallant
2\. TNT
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Beau Ryan (yes, I like him, screw y'all)
7\. Tim Moltzen
6\. Benji Marshall :wink:

AKA the team that nearly got us to the finals when all hope was lost.

If they fail, which they won't. These options are available. Also in my preferential order.

1\. Lazarus, Mullaney, Brown, Hanbury, Meaney, Moltzen
2/3/4/5\. Hanbury, Daniella, Pritchard, Brown, Joel Jackson (kid will rule the NRL imo), Rogica, Davis
6/7\. Lui, Davis, Lazarus, Mullaney, Farah, Dunley, Hanbury, Farlow, Nicholls

We're good for depth. As long as Sheens isn't afraid to wield the sword to the under-performers.

@innsaneink said:
@MagpieMax said:

Hey max….long time no see....hows that diet going?

I think Lui will end up a lock, a ball playing lock ala Brad Clyde

Damn Sheens, now he has me comparing the juniors to past greats.

Brad Clyde? Maybe a Jason Smith type but not a Brad Clyde

@Geo. said:
@crouching_tiger said:
@alex said:

Your right…...about the whole 20's thing....

Moltzen would have started ahead of Lazarus even if Blake wasn't injured.....Lazarus got 5mins against the Bunnies then hurt for BRET....

Sheens showed his hand at Shellharbour....Benji was still an experiment at 7 so J Mo needed to be there at 6.....Collis was fit and in the team...Hanbury was on the bench in case any thing went pear shaped .....where do you think he was going to fit Moltzen in.....the only vacant position....Fullback

Would you have had Gallant or McDonnell....Moltzen State Cup?

Then this would explain why Lazarus was chosen to play a stint at fullback for the 2008 Foundation Cup before he did his knee the first time.

Back