Should Collis play

I wouldn't have him in the top 17 at the moment and now that Sheens has named his side for Sunday, it would appear that Collis could turn out for the Magpies, although I haven't seen their lineup yet.

@willow said:
I wouldn't have him in the top 17 at the moment and now that Sheens has named his side for Sunday, it would appear that Collis could turn out for the Magpies, although I haven't seen their lineup yet.

Well if Collis turns up in the State Cup squad, that will closer to the true indication on what Sheens has really done with his selections. Either for Dean to regain some match fitness or Ayshford has done well enough to keep him at bay. Unless his injury is still not ready.
But either way i am happy for Ayshford to get a fair go and really cement his spot in the top grade. This kid has the goods to make a name for himself.

I think Ayshford offers more than Collis to be honest. I think Collis should have to return from injury through the lower grades and if he can earn his spot back he should get another crack in firsts with the club, if not then he will see out his WT days in NSW Cup.

@Belta said:
I said this in another thread but I will say it again. Collis takes too long to find form after injury. You would play him if you could afford the investment of time but given that only a third of the season remains and the fact he is leaving I say….No. Don't pick him unless we have injuries or he fires in Premier League.

Good point Belta; I've noticed the same myself. Dean won't be anywhere near his best for a couple of weeks minimum.

WT aren't going to make it to the finals so we should be building our team for next year. With Collis leaving there is no point wasting valuable time in which to help up and coming players gel with the team.

If Wests Tigers are to pick their strongest team for the weeks remaining, then Collis should be over looked regardless. Collis has never been the club's strongest centre option. Ayshford is growing in confidence and is performing better with every game. On form and drawing a comparison, Ayshford has outplayed Collis in 2009 hands down. The kid deserves to finish the year in First Grade. The more game time, the more experience, the better for him and Wests.

Because he has no match-fitness, Collis should not be considered for first grade at the moment.

When he regains match-fitness, he should only be picked, if Ayshford is performing poorly and he is going well.

The Tigers are better suited by Ayshford getting more experience, providing he is playing well.

@Gobbs said:
If Wests Tigers are to pick their strongest team for the weeks remaining, then Collis should be over looked regardless. Collis has never been the club's strongest centre option. Ayshford is growing in confidence and is performing better with every game. On form and drawing a comparison, Ayshford has outplayed Collis in 2009 hands down. The kid deserves to finish the year in First Grade. The more game time, the more experience, the better for him and Wests.

That's it in a nutshell whether he signed with Cronulla or not, you'll find most professional coaches will do the same

Sheens will do what he did to Ben Teo. No he shouldn't play: but at least he hasn't carried on like Teo last year…

I had a discussion about this with my best mate but it was in regards to Morris (before Collis had signed)
My view is that considering we won't make the finals then no!! Don't see the point at all.
My mate's view was play the beast 17 available to win the game!! It is a tough one I guess.

But this is Sheens - how he continued to play Teo last year was disgusting!! Teo didn't won't to be here - and his form clearly reflected that; his team mates were giving him on field sprays and yet Sheen's continued to play him!!

if he makes the team stronger than he should be in the team but i would rather ayshford in the centres anyway. if lawrence was to move back on the wing than collis or pritchard as the other centre.

@TbarTiger said:
I had a discussion about this with my best mate but it was in regards to Morris (before Collis had signed)
My view is that considering we won't make the finals then no!! Don't see the point at all.
My mate's view was play the beast 17 available to win the game!! It is a tough one I guess.

But this is Sheens - how he continued to play Teo last year was disgusting!! Teo didn't won't to be here - and his form clearly reflected that; his team mates were giving him on field sprays and yet Sheen's continued to play him!!

now tell me is that dumb or is that dumb!

Members online

Back