@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364866) said:
@the_patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364854) said:
@851 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364846) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364763) said:
@demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364608) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364572) said:
@demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364569) said:
@tigerwould said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364558) said:
On Today’s post game 2MMM interview with Nicho Hyens he said he had no offers for next year.
Sounded like the Broncos would like him.

We should make this happen.
He's a super star.

**I urge everyone to watch his sit down / face to face with Matty Johns**

Why?

Why do we all of a sudden decide to buy players based on podcasts or interviews?

It made me appreciate his character a lot more.
It was interesting, insightful and inspiring.

If you're a footy fan like MYSELF, it's one of the good success stories of rugby league.

* Not to mention is as a great player.
Can play anywhere and always looks like likely.
He's better than almost all our backs.
I like him at centre for us.

Tall, fast, safe, creative and good finisher.

I was against him a couple of weeks ago but Im warming to him. The problem for me is that we have bought Laurie for FB. IMO Hynes is too small for centre or 5/8. Would be good at 1

Hynes to small for centre or five eight, you must have him confused with someone else, he is plenty big enough at 188cm and 90kg

These Brooks supporters want no one who might eventually replace him.

Yes Hynes could play 7, said it himself recently.

So this has now turned to a Brooks' thread?

Laurie is better than Hynes at fullback, Doueihi is better than Hynes at centre and 5/8. Both of these players don't have Hughes Munster, JAC, Smith, Papenhuyzen and Grant in their team.

You are all over this forum telling us Hynes isnt good enough,

Sorry to say but the guy is a star.

In his own words he plays 1.6 & 7.

No, what I actually wrote is -

You turned this into a Brooks' thread.
Laurie is a better fullback than Hynes.
Doueihi is a better centre and 5/8 than Hynes.
Both the above players don't have Papenhuyzen, JAC, Munster, Hughes, Smith and Grant in their team.

No you just did that.

Hynes is quality player not sure why you cant see it

The Storm don't let the good ones go.

Papz look like will be a early retirement way his going

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364965) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364963) said:
@the_patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364946) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364943) said:
@the_patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364914) said:
On Today’s post game 2MMM interview with Nicho Hyens he said he had no offers for next year.

He's a super star.

Why?

Why do we all of a sudden decide to buy players based on podcasts or interviews?

If you're a footy fan like MYSELF, it's one of the good success stories of rugby league.

I was against him a couple of weeks ago but Im warming to him. The problem for me is that we have bought Laurie for FB. IMO Hynes is too small for centre or 5/8. Would be good at 1

Hynes to small for centre or five eight, you must have him confused with someone else, he is plenty big enough at 188cm and 90kg

Laurie is better than Hynes at fullback, Doueihi is better than Hynes at centre and 5/8. Both of these players don't have Hughes Munster, JAC, Smith, Papenhuyzen and Grant in their team.

Both the above players don't have Papenhuyzen, JAC, Munster, Hughes, Smith and Grant in their team.

No you just did that.

I was pretty disgusted with the tackles on Papenhuyzen and JAC. I'm glad the culprits have been given long suspensions.

After standing up once again as the Storm’s ‘Mr. Fix It’, Nicho Hynes has admitted that he is open to leaving the Storm if it spells more starting opportunities.

Another electric performance on the weekend has helped lead the Storm to an emphatic 44-18 Magic Round win over the Dragons.

After initially starting at five-eighth in place of an injured Cameron Munster, Hynes was moved to fullback after a nasty hit on Ryan Papenhuyzen left him concussed in the 11th minute.

It was there where Hynes did his damage, leading the Storm with three try assists, four line-break assists along with a couple of line-breaks himself.

In the absence of Papenhuyzen over the last three rounds, Hynes has put the league on notice, stamping himself as a future star of the competition.

The Broncos are looking to be a likely suitor for the in-form second-string fullback, with the Queensland club already landing one big fish in Adam Reynolds last week.

Although publicly admitting that Broncos had expressed interest in him, Hynes told NRL.com he will discuss his situation with the Storm before entertaining external offers.

“I am sure I will sit down with them [Melbourne] over the next couple of weeks,” Hynes said.

“There have not been any offers on the table, I can’t make a decision until there is…I have seen on social media that I am going there [Broncos] but there has been no real offer so I will see what happens there and I will make my mind up.”

With more games as a starter, Hynes has grown in confidence since his 2019 debut. Although ultimately wanting to stay at the Storm, he admitted that his priority is to be a solidified starter in the league.

“It’s unfortunate sometimes I have to fill in for injuries but I have been pretty vocal that I want to be a starter. Whether it is with this club or it might have to be somewhere else, we will just have to wait and see. It would be hard to leave this club, but I really do want to test myself, be a starting player and be a key member in a spine.”

Open with his options being off-contract at the end of the season, former NSW playmaker Michael Ennis has urged Hynes to stay within the Storm system.

“I think he should stay,” Ennis said on The Big League Wrap.

“He is only young and at the moment the value of having someone like Nicho Hynes is becoming even more valuable on your bench because of the sin bins we are seeing now and the HIA’s…If he just stays in the system for another couple of years and then he goes and establishes himself.

“The player that he has shown us that ain’t going anywhere…For someone like Nicho to stay in that system for the next couple of years would be important.”

Hynes looks to continue his scintillating form this week, as the Storm look to extend their winning streak to eight games as they take on the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium.

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364968) said:
@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364953) said:
thought Laurie was of his game last week

He Not very exciting in attack

just looked a bit lost,left out etc this last week that's all

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364793) said:
@dwight-schrute said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364636) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364627) said:
@tigerwest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364613) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364612) said:
@roar_power said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364611) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364602) said:

Well the last thing we need is to be in a bidding war for a fringe first grader the Broncos want.

He wouldn't be fringe in too many other sides. It's taking Paps to keep him out of the Storm team...

He'd block the progression of one of our very good juniors. Hynes won't help us bridge the gap to the top teams. Our outstanding juniors will. Let's not fritter what money we do have away on fringies.

Seriously P&C, you have to put this one eye approach to our juniors into perspective, they are not FG ready and they may come on in a few years, BUT we need the players now.

So we invest in juniors and then block their path to the NRL? That is an excellent way to deliver them to other predatory teams.

You can't have a team full of half cooked pies.
You need fully cooked bacon and cheese pies from Yatala with a few half cooked's in the oven.
Hynes is fully cooked and delicious.
Juniors that are good enough will still find their way out of the oven.

Well the last thing we need is to be in a bidding war for a fringe first grader the Broncos want.

He wouldn't be fringe in too many other sides. It's taking Paps to keep him out of the Storm team...

He'd block the progression of one of our very good juniors. Hynes won't help us bridge the gap to the top teams. Our outstanding juniors will. Let's not fritter what money we do have away on fringies.

Seriously P&C, you have to put this one eye approach to our juniors into perspective, they are not FG ready and they may come on in a few years, BUT we need the players now.

So we invest in juniors and then block their path to the NRL? That is an excellent way to deliver them to other predatory teams.

You need fully cooked bacon and cheese pies from Yatala with a few half cooked's in the oven.

Laurie is better than Hynes at fullback. Deouihi is better than Hynes at 5/8 and also centre.

As for juniors, I'd much rather Ogden and Talau run out in the cwntres for WTs.

If the Broncos are interested in Hynes, let them have him. He is not good enough to get into a bidding war.

I respectfully disagree. As much as I like and rate Laurie and AD. I rate Hynes the best 1 and 6 of the 3 players. AD is the best centre of the group

@snake said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364851) said:
@yeti said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364771) said:
I like Hynes a lot. I'm not sure Laurie is our long term fullback. Personally, I think 6 might be his best position. Not this year, certainly, and maybe not next either. But I remember Gould saying he thought Laurie's best position was 6.
Hynes might be the perfect 1 for us when/if Laurie moves to 6 and in the meantime, would make a very good centre.

I have seen enough of Hynes to sign him tomorrow to play No1 this guy can play--- High ball good. .positioning good..passing game good ... Attitude good..speed good ..footy smarts good .. defensively good ..big body good ...tackle breaks good..he is the fullback the team needs .Laurie has not impressed Tbh he is safe but that's about where it ends.
The talk of Gagia is a step backwoods the club needs to invest in youth obviously the attention span is limited here go back a season or two and see the real Gagia a god in maroon a nuffie in club colours another looking for a pension i find the talk of his signing as worrying to a say the least .

I see it like this

Would we want Hynes in out top 30
Would he be an upgrade on some of our top 30 players
Is he a better option then our junior crop
Is he a Quality Player
Would he provide much needed competition amongst our own playing group
Has he still got room to improve as a player
Would other clubs want him on their books

The answer to all these questions is YES
Actually I don't see to much downside on making an offer to Hynes
I would happily let go of BJ and use some of his money to sign him up
He has alot of upside to him

For me it all comes down to $

@cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1365000) said:
@snake said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364851) said:
@yeti said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364771) said:
I like Hynes a lot. I'm not sure Laurie is our long term fullback. Personally, I think 6 might be his best position. Not this year, certainly, and maybe not next either. But I remember Gould saying he thought Laurie's best position was 6.
Hynes might be the perfect 1 for us when/if Laurie moves to 6 and in the meantime, would make a very good centre.

I have seen enough of Hynes to sign him tomorrow to play No1 this guy can play--- High ball good. .positioning good..passing game good ... Attitude good..speed good ..footy smarts good .. defensively good ..big body good ...tackle breaks good..he is the fullback the team needs .Laurie has not impressed Tbh he is safe but that's about where it ends.
The talk of Gagia is a step backwoods the club needs to invest in youth obviously the attention span is limited here go back a season or two and see the real Gagia a god in maroon a nuffie in club colours another looking for a pension i find the talk of his signing as worrying to a say the least .

I see it like this

Would we want Hynes in out top 30
Would he be an upgrade on some of our top 30 players
Is he a better option then our junior crop
Is he a Quality Player
Would he provide much needed competition amongst our own playing group
Has he still got room to improve as a player
Would other clubs want him on their books

The answer to all these questions is YES
Actually I don't see to much downside on making an offer to Hynes
I would happily let go of BJ and use some of his money to sign him up
He has alot of upside to him

For me it all comes down to $

Smart man.
Very truthful words.

Crazy when there's great players available like Hyne, Lomax, Saab and people dismiss them like they're garbage.

Like Talau and Jet are super stars. ?

He's a super star.

Why?

2 try's
9 try assists
16 Tackle breaks
All in 8 games and Melbourne has no Smith
It has been missing Papenhuyzen

I have attached a couple of images for all to see his stats
![Screenshot_20210517-201538_Samsung Internet.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621246696808-screenshot_20210517-201538_samsung-internet-resized.jpg)
![Screenshot_20210517-200952_Samsung Internet.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621246708549-screenshot_20210517-200952_samsung-internet.jpg)

To not at least make a decent offer would be crazy when we haven't made finals for 10 years
When a player of Hynes ability comes up, these are the exact type of players we should be chasing
If we Let Bj Packer and Roberts go and manage to offload Mbye Signing Hynes would be a huge addition
It's a no brainer

If any of our FBs (Mbye, AD) played instead of Laurie, he would drop at least one bomb. He is by far our best FB.

@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364972) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364968) said:

He Not very exciting in attack

just looked a bit lost,left out etc this last week that's all

He creates excitement every time he touches the ball but in attack hasn’t been as exciting as that manly trial.

The man doing nothing wrong tho and doing a lot of the 1 % ers I love the bloke.

@inbenjiwetrust said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1365012) said:

If any of our FBs (Mbye, AD) played instead of Laurie, he would drop at least one bomb. He is by far our best FB.

Loves how he twists his body in the air to fall in a better position. He did miss one tho, wasn’t as bad as talau one

The doubts about signing Hynes are understandable. He's a valuable squad player at Melbourne but will that translate? Going back as far as I remember, Tigers have signed players that looked good at other clubs that haven't done well here. From Shannon Nevin to Terry Hill to Adam Blair to Joey Leuilua. Hynes plays in a really good side and so it's hard to guess at how he'd go for us. He's not big and he's not fast and he doesn't seem to have anything that special about him. I was doubtful about Widdop when he went to the Dragons thinking he benefitted from the Storm system but he was great for them. Hynes is not a starter and he's 24, so he's somewhere near his peak and not able to make the starting first grade team (of a very good team). So I don't know how Hynes would go but I wouldn't want to offer big money or a long term deal and that would probably rule us out of signing him.

Hynes would be a great #6 - he is always on the ball, good footy brain, has poise on the field, good passing game plus can run, plus has a great attitude, will to win and looking for a full time spot meaning he would really be grateful and commit to the club if given the chance.

Assuming we get rid of Mbye our backline (one could only dream would be) with Hastings as our lock - would have a bit of everything. That in my opinion is a top 6 backline.

1. Laurie
2. Nofa
3. Oliver Gildart
4. Douehi
5. Gagai
6. Hynes
7. Brooks
13 Hastings
12 Luc
11 Blore
10 New Purchase - (need good fast props like Fisher Harris)
9 Liddle
8 New Purchase - (as above)

Reserves
14. J. Simpkin
15. Joffa
16. Stefano
17. Mikaele

Laurie's catching, positional play, ball playing and kick returns are all good. His one-on-one defence and support play are poor compared to the best fullbacks. He could be an elite fullback in 18-24 months with coaching and experience.

Hynes is older and further along in development so I would play him at fullback and put Laurie on the wing. They would both have the opportunity to develop and compete for positions. Hynes has tried to do too much himself at times but has been thrown in at 1, 6, 9 and 13 and often when there have been injuries to playmakers and Storm have lost their structure.

Having Hynes, Laurie and Doueihi in the team would be a good problem to have.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364966) said:

He's a super star.

Why?

No you just did that.

I was pretty disgusted with the tackles on Papenhuyzen and JAC. I'm glad the culprits have been given long suspensions.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1364966) said:

He's a super star.

Why?

No you just did that.

They'll be missing against us in a couple of weeks also.

if a new Brisbane team comes in,should they introduce a team from where, 2 balance, up the tv bosses or go with a bye

@cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1365010) said:

He's a super star.

Why?

2 try's
9 try assists
16 Tackle breaks
All in 8 games and Melbourne has no Smith
It has been missing Papenhuyzen

I have attached a couple of images for all to see his stats
![Screenshot_20210517-201538_Samsung Internet.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621246696808-screenshot_20210517-201538_samsung-internet-resized.jpg)
![Screenshot_20210517-200952_Samsung Internet.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621246708549-screenshot_20210517-200952_samsung-internet.jpg)

To not at least make a decent offer would be crazy when we haven't made finals for 10 years
When a player of Hynes ability comes up, these are the exact type of players we should be chasing
If we Let Bj Packer and Roberts go and manage to offload Mbye Signing Hynes would be a huge addition
It's a no brainer

Considering Hynes can cover the exact same positions as Mbye for half the money, then it’s an absolute no brainer!

Chammas on 100% footy has said that the dragons and mbye have met and have told mbye they want him this season.
Dragons want him to play 14.

Back