Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Weedler from SMH saying Tedesco’s management is after a contract extension and mentioned the possibility of Moses leaving the Eels in 24 (he has heard this) but Eels are very touchy about it and are confident he will stay

Holy Moses​

Mitchell Moses’ future is a delicate subject at Parramatta. They were particularly touchy when I asked about Moses telling them he won’t be there in 2024. That has been put to me by those who have been in negotiations with the star half and his team. The Eels say that is wrong and are confident Moses wants to stay long term.

This can only get messy. Suaalili and his manager know the best outcome for him is for Teddy to leave. Last resort for him would be to leave Roosters to be fullback at a less successful club.

Teddy knows either the roosters stick with him and lose arguably the best young player in the game or he can draw a line in the sand and leave sooner rather than later to maximise his last contract.

Teddy may have a couple of years left in him at the end of 2025, but not at peak earning. If he were to be released for 2024 he could command $1.5m a year for 3-4 years easy.

Don't see Suaalili rolling over and playing centres like Manu. He may do a Latrell and leave but this could be the beginning of a PR spin that Teddy wants long term security and helping Roosters secure the future could be a "nice" way for Teddy to leave.
To join the westigers 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Reactions: 851
This can only get messy. Suaalili and his manager know the best outcome for him is for Teddy to leave. Last resort for him would be to leave Roosters to be fullback at a less successful club.

Teddy knows either the roosters stick with him and lose arguably the best young player in the game or he can draw a line in the sand and leave sooner rather than later to maximise his last contract.

Teddy may have a couple of years left in him at the end of 2025, but not at peak earning. If he were to be released for 2024 he could command $1.5m a year for 3-4 years easy.

Don't see Suaalili rolling over and playing centres like Manu. He may do a Latrell and leave but this could be the beginning of a PR spin that Teddy wants long term security and helping Roosters secure the future could be a "nice" way for Teddy to leave.
What a conundrum. Suaalii comes across as a bit of a mercenary. I could see him going to European or Japanese Rugby for huge dollars for a few years and still being young enough to command big bucks back in the NRL.

To join the westigers 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
The thing with Teddy is, he is a superb athlete, super fit, and could play 5/8 or anywhere in the backllne, or even an edge forward and still kill it. I think he will finish his career at the Roosters, and as one of the best that has played for the club, they will take good care of him.

The thing with Teddy is, he is a superb athlete, super fit, and could play 5/8 or anywhere in the backllne, or even an edge forward and still kill it. I think he will finish his career at the Roosters, and as one of the best that has played for the club, they will take good care of him.
Yeah there not silly they will work something out to keep him happy

If we talk about the mongrel of Brown dont forget how Blore owned him in that game a couple of years ago. Brown thought he was going to "enforce" young Blore that night & got b#iched. Blore 1 , Brown 0
Don't forget though Brown got up and ran straight back at him, we need blokes like that, that hit the deck, take it personal and want another crack.

This is when the Tigers offer suali'i a 5 year deal at fullback guaranteed for 8 mill on the quiet.

Zero current representative front rowers and an over reliance on a bunch of kids as depth. Best pack we've had in years but far from one of the best in the comp.
The experience and mongrel means they wouldn't take a backward step

Holy Moses​

Mitchell Moses’ future is a delicate subject at Parramatta. They were particularly touchy when I asked about Moses telling them he won’t be there in 2024. That has been put to me by those who have been in negotiations with the star half and his team. The Eels say that is wrong and are confident Moses wants to stay long term.
If you want to bump up your price these days coming off contract making half a threat of leaving and talking to teams that will pay overs like the Tigers is smart mangement in getting a better buck of Para!

If we talk about the mongrel of Brown dont forget how Blore owned him in that game a couple of years ago. Brown thought he was going to "enforce" young Blore that night & got b#iched. Blore 1 , Brown 0
Good. At least two enforcers in our team. (Quite a few more most likely).

If we get Brown on our terms i think he's a decent signing, he has mongrel something we had zero of last season. I dont buy into if we sign Brown it hinders us signing Moses, so if we get a decent deal for Brown Parra still need to replace him easier said than done with their pack being dismantled.

Pretty youthful, besides Klem and Brown .. being 28 and 29.

We got good players in the wings waiting for their chance.

Talau, Matamua, Kautoga and the likes.

This is very Sheens - like, 05 formula.
Surrounding the talented kids around some experienced workers.
Just as long as we leave some spots open for these young guys coming through.
I’d hate for some of them to leave because they think that there pathway to the NRL is being blocked by some players like Brown etc.

Will Smith can't be named until round 11 I think at best case unless he is upgraded.

If we are relying on Smith being a key player for us it raises serious questions over the remaining 17 players in the squad + development players listed ahead of him.
There is a belief that the NRL will allow all contracted players to play from round 1 with concerns of player burnout after the World Cup.

Dad's army? Only one member is over 30(just) and he was a standout player for the premiers
We've added a current origin 9, an origin calibre forward who won club player of the year, international 2nd rower who has been a gun for his team...who cares if the average age isn't 22...

Well, a guy at poker last night knows Farah apparently . . . . and he said that our halves are sorted . . . AD and Brooks.
Also said that Hastings had a way to grate people the wrong way, thinking he knew best all the time and he wanted things done his way. Everyone grew tired of him fairly quickly.
Think of that what you will, but there are some dots there that connect.
How good is my oil ? I'd say a semi-synthetic 5W-30, mid price range.
Said all that with a poker face. Well done.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back