Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Flanagan ain't great but he's way better than Wakeham, which is why Wakeham played reserves then got released

They tried to get rid of Flanagan
last year, rookie Bailey Biondi-Odo
took his jersey off him for a chunk
of the '22 season. Both aren't great
Wakeham & Flanagan aren't top
line but value wise, Brandon all day
can play hooker too if needed ...

Last edited:
So if he could play centre, they probably would have given him a crack given Burton left

I'm backing him at fullback hasn't got a proper shot nothing like Laurie has.

Killed it at at fullback at junior level and reserve grade.

To write him off now you would be proclaiming yourself and some all seeing footy God which is just ridiculous.

N
Pretty sure he was on the Wing in ressies as well,
With Turuva and Longi seemingly more preferred...

That also could have something to do with the crazy money he was on and Panthers trying to give him the tap....
Actually Staines played almost exclusively at FB for Panthers Ressies. Was in the NSWRL stats wrap nearly every week for his performances there too

That also could have something to do with the crazy money he was on and Panthers trying to give him the tap....

they were behind Staines as a full back reserve grade player.

Got their time there when Staines was playing wing at first grade due to injury

Staines is above reserve grade class at fullback.

not entirely sure that a free agent on minimum wage is going to alter the Mitch Moses situation. the signing of Wakeham is perfect. excellent in Cup and can handle the rigours of first grade well enough and will benefit under the coaching of Sheens and Marshall. not sure what you expected.
I don't mind Wakeham as a back up at all as we need one but I don't want to waste our last spot in the 30 on him tbh.
I thought he was under contract with dogs this year and taking him off there hands just creates a spot for them regardless of salary. The dogs seem to have unlimited money but limited spots.

Like the rest of you, I was hoping for a more uplifting signing than that of Wakeman, but hey, the season starts in a matter of weeks and our WT needed a backup in the halves.

Regarding the other current topic above, I am happy with Staines providing an option and/or competition at the back this season.

In 22 NSW Cup Staines played fullback and they moved Turuva to the wing. Granted it was like 4 or so games but in each of them he wasn’t ordinary at the back.

I don't mind Wakeham as a back up at all as we need one but I don't want to waste our last spot in the 30 on him tbh.
I thought he was under contract with dogs this year and taking him off there hands just creates a spot for them regardless of salary. The dogs seem to have unlimited money but limited spots.
we need a backup half. we lost Hastings, Madden, Peachey and Fa'amanu Brown, all of which could do a job in the halves, and replaced them with no one. if Brooks or AD go down that is dangerous business. Wakeham is a necessary member of the top 30.

Back