Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Cheer Mate, You're right....
The way they discussed it so flippantly like it was common knowledge and an everyday thing
caught me a little by surprise....

One thing that's always irked me, Is we never play dirty....
We're always the easy beats
- We're always checker players, When the big boys are playing Chess.

Like when we lost Cleary, Anyone with half a brain could see it coming....
When they sacked Hook, A Parra mate said "Who they gonna get" my immediate answer was Cleary...
What better way to hang onto the half coming through than employ his dad...
Somehow, It came as a shock to us...

There's been plenty of other cases - Getting nothing for releasing players etc...
Shits me.
In retrospect, how naive were we to believe we were in the box seat to sign Nathan. Tbf to us, we were under the impression Ivan actually was committed to our club and had integrity. Never thought he would do something that was up until that time unprecedented for a coach which was to walk out on a club with two years left on his contract.

Lets just hope it is just a crazy rumour and we don't get see if the lunatic's running our asylum are that dumb
I think ‘The Mole’ made up story has been put to bed multiple times by Greg Alexander and even before the story he was saying Luai will be at the Panthers in 2024 just like Burton was in his final year.
Time to move on, and if we get Luai he will simply replace Sezer in our 2025 squad 🤞

Greg Alexander shot the rumour down on SEN this morning. The offer of Luai for Galvin/Klemmer did not come from the Panthers he said. Alexander suggested Isaac Moses May be behind the rumour because he manages both Galvin and Klemmer.

Greg Alexander shot the rumour down on SEN this morning. The offer of Luai for Galvin/Klemmer did not come from the Panthers he said. Alexander suggested Isaac Moses May be behind the rumour because he manages both Galvin and Klemmer.

Lipina Kaufusi as a winger takes the cake as the worst ba k fir wests tigers
Also known as Jackson Kaufusi or Makasini Richter
played for wests tigers 2001 - 2002
Makes AJ look like Reg Gasnier

How about we let the halves we’ve already bought show what they can do?
We are ok for forwards currently. I expect better from them as a group in 24.
We need outside backs and quite obviously so. I’ll take Olam, but we should not lose good young players for him.
I agree with all you've said. I was replying to this "What i can't get my head around is why the club has allowed Melbourne Storm to suggest to the club that we can take Olam of their hands but they want Galvin and one other Campbelltown junior + Bore."

I'm no fan of the admin of the club. They deserve all the criticism. But they can't stop other clubs and agents making requests and suggestions as well as leaking to the press. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Joel Caine still appears to be passionate about Wests Tigers, he’d be a good person to get officially on our staff and be able to also speak on the clubs behalf when player managers and media lies start gaining momentum.

I agree with all you've said. I was replying to this "What i can't get my head around is why the club has allowed Melbourne Storm to suggest to the club that we can take Olam of their hands but they want Galvin and one other Campbelltown junior + Bore."

I'm no fan of the admin of the club. They deserve all the criticism. But they can't stop other clubs and agents making requests and suggestions as well as leaking to the press. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
In the past, the Storm and other big clubs would have come in and plundered the best of the juniors. We have improved our identification, retention etc. With the advent of Redcliffe, the Storm are competing against four Qld clubs for juniors from that State and it is harder to get the juniors from our area. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the Storm, Roosters etc.

Roosters easy. Storm different story. Always strong.
It’s funny that Storm are desperate to sign Shawn Blore as an edge back rower and see him in their starting line up, yet most self proclaimed experts on here claim Blore is better as a middle forward.
News Flash - big, strong and mobile edge forwards that can make line breaks are crucial to a teams success. Their hard running provides options and takes pressure of the teams halves and allows a good fullback to find space and/or get one on one when wrapping around the hard running of a big and dangerous edge forward.
So e if the most successful clubs in the NRL want Blore, want big Stef, want Junior Tupou, want our you youngsters in Galvin, Large, Makasini.
That tells me all these players have great potential and we need to prioritise re-signing them before over spending on other players.

So under your interpretation it rules out any other club other than WT or Penrith.
If he has officially stated that he's happy to sign the contract then yes.

Obviously his agent would scour for all offers before advising his client to commit to anything.

It's a bit unclear how much back and forth there can be though. Sure Penrith can offer a new contract to him in those 10 days as their right of reply, but can we also increase our offer to counter their increased offer? There's no details on such a new rule and i kind of doubt the nrl has even thought this through entirely.

It’s funny that Storm are desperate to sign Shawn Blore as an edge back rower and see him in their starting line up, yet most self proclaimed experts on here claim Blore is better as a middle forward.
News Flash - big, strong and mobile edge forwards that can make line breaks are crucial to a teams success. Their hard running provides options and takes pressure of the teams halves and allows a good fullback to find space and/or get one on one when wrapping around the hard running of a big and dangerous edge forward.
So e if the most successful clubs in the NRL want Blore, want big Stef, want Junior Tupou, want our you youngsters in Galvin, Large, Makasini.
That tells me all these players have great potential and we need to prioritise re-signing them before over spending on other players.
Not us. We want Luai. The saviour. Great point. Who said you are Vicious?

If he has officially stated that he's happy to sign the contract then yes.

Obviously his agent would scour for all offers before advising his client to commit to anything.

It's a bit unclear how much back and forth there can be though. Sure Penrith can offer a new contract to him in those 10 days as their right of reply, but can we also increase our offer to counter their increased offer? There's no details on such a new rule and i kind of doubt the nrl has even thought this through entirely.
Vegas is the focus right now.

Joel Caine still appears to be passionate about Wests Tigers, he’d be a good person to get officially on our staff and be able to also speak on the clubs behalf when player managers and media lies start gaining momentum.
Works for a betting agency. Might be a conflict of interest.

In retrospect, how naive were we to believe we were in the box seat to sign Nathan. Tbf to us, we were under the impression Ivan actually was committed to our club and had integrity. Never thought he would do something that was up until that time unprecedented for a coach which was to walk out on a club with two years left on his contract.
Yeah he shocked me, I really thought he was a decent bloke up until that time and I was quite excited that he was our coach.

It was a real dog act on a club that didn’t need any more bad stuff to happen to it. We still haven’t really recovered while he has gone on to great success. There’s no justice.

Yeah he shocked me, I really thought he was a decent bloke up until that time and I was quite excited that he was our coach.

It was a real dog act on a club that didn’t need any more bad stuff to happen to it. We still haven’t really recovered while he has gone on to great success. There’s no justice.
No one knows the truth Ruth. Maybe Ivan left cause the board told him something else. If we haven't recovered then tell them they be living in the past.

Latest posts

Members online

Back