Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

i appreciate that and as i said i dont think there is any limit to what he can become. From a purely skillset perspective i think he could play NRL tomorrow. However he also currently looks to be far to slight to be effective at NRL level. I've no doubt he will fill out and be a weapon. I just dont think he has the physicality to hold his own defensively or break tackles in the NRL like he did against schoolboys.
It is also rare to see a half come into first grade as teen with all the nuance of halfback play developed. Often that is not an issue for a young half alongside an experienced partner. Typically it is an issue when both halves are inexperienced.
Also am happy to be proven wrong as ive seen one match (online not live) and some highlight reels of Galvin.

Shuttles and beep tests are pretty standard.
I'm cold on Luai but would B happy too see
him in our colours as well. Our youth is
crazy. These boys coming up are brilliant.
Kit is mad but his brother Luke is a killer

Admittedly, ive seen very little of Galvin compared to quite a lot of Fainu but i think Galvin is a year or two behind Fainu in terms of both natural physical development and current career progression. Not putting any limitations on what either could become and not saying it definitely can not work out but i think it is fair to say Galvin is unlikely to be ready for halves role in 25, particularly if his paired with another inexperienced player.
Greg Alexander mentioned on radio he’s heard Galvin is rated higher than Fainu.

As you pointed out, Fainu is ready physically now. We need to find a spot for Galvin. IMO Fainu has the better running and passing game but Galvin has the better footy brain and kicking game.

Greg Alexander mentioned on radio he’s heard Galvin is rated higher than Fainu.

As you pointed out, Fainu is ready physically now. We need to find a spot for Galvin. IMO Fainu has the better running and passing game but Galvin has the better footy brain and kicking game.
Lucky there’s a competition called Reggie’s where these types of competitive battles will play out.

Does your use of “TBA” mean you don’t know if it’s Luai or AFB?
Apparently Dogs aren’t offering AFB a contract anymore either which would only leave Luai - that’s what Danny Weidler has said anyway so could be made up haha

Reactions: 851
Oh ok thanks for that mate appreciate it heaps. that's a big contract for a prop. He's a gun but 5 years at his age and a mil a season sorta glad we pulled out if I'm honest
Sorry Carlton - we got our wires crossed - the 5 year deal is what is reportedly offered to Luai from the Bulldogs, trumping our reported deal of 4 years. Based on recent media reports both clubs - Bulldogs and WTs - have withdrawn offers to AFB.
If any of that is close to being accurate we will find out soon enough I guess and we move on whatever the outcome.

Missing out on Luai would be a blessing.

We'd make him close to the highest paid player in the game when he's not a top 10 (and frankly top 25) player in the game.

At absolute best, he'd be a slight overpay for a number of years. At worst, a back-breaking contract which sets back our rebuild even further.

I would even cop the overpay if he at lesst showed he was elite at being the no.1 option and leader of his team. Instead we'd be paying him overs and top of the market salary for a role which would be unfamiliar and that he's ultimately unproven in.

Maybe he'd motivated to try and prove people wrong and add to his game? I guess that's a possibility. But jeez when you're paying close to 5m over the length of a deal, you want to be paying it to someone who's absolutely the finished product and not someone you're going to need to level up.

Missing out on Luai would be a blessing.

We'd make him close to the highest paid player in the game when he's not a top 10 (and frankly top 25) player in the game.

At absolute best, he'd be a slight overpay for a number of years. At worst, a back-breaking contract which sets back our rebuild even further.

I would even cop the overpay if he at lesst showed he was elite at being the no.1 option and leader of his team. Instead we'd be paying him overs and top of the market salary for a role which would be unfamiliar and that he's ultimately unproven in.

Maybe he'd motivated to try and prove people wrong and add to his game? I guess that's a possibility. But jeez when you're paying close to 5m over the length of a deal, you want to be paying it to someone who's absolutely the finished product and not someone you're going to need to level up.
I always thought in that Panthers spine of Api, Cleary, Luai and Edwards that Luai was a distant fourth.

I agree you wouldn’t normally pay top of the market for a positional switch/risk, but struggling clubs like us need to take that risk if we are to land a big fish.

I am happy to take him or leave him.

Still think we're a good chance of landing Luai with Richo helping out Benji & Co with negotiations for season '25 and beyond. A lot better chance than with the dogs breakfast of an administration we've just moved on from

Still think we're a good chance of landing Luai with Richo helping out Benji & Co with negotiations for season '25 and beyond. A lot better chance than with the dogs breakfast of an administration we've just moved on from
Media claims are though Dogs have their noses in front. Who knows. No contract length or contract value is mentioned as yet. But that is the way Gus likes to do things.

Sorry Carlton - we got our wires crossed - the 5 year deal is what is reportedly offered to Luai from the Bulldogs, trumping our reported deal of 4 years. Based on recent media reports both clubs - Bulldogs and WTs - have withdrawn offers to AFB.
If any of that is close to being accurate we will find out soon enough I guess and we move on whatever the outcome.
Oh crap that's my bad mate I was caught up with AFB lol. 5 years for luai is an interesting one as our juniors (given they kick on) will be prime for first grade. Even 4 years they will be I guess. Will be interesting to see where he ends up mate ay. Again thanks heaps appreciate it ay

Back