Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Admittedly, ive seen very little of Galvin compared to quite a lot of Fainu but i think Galvin is a year or two behind Fainu in terms of both natural physical development and current career progression. Not putting any limitations on what either could become and not saying it definitely can not work out but i think it is fair to say Galvin is unlikely to be ready for halves role in 25, particularly if his paired with another inexperienced player.
He just broke the clubs aerobic record . The bronco test . And hes 6 foot 4 . I don’t know if that’s actually true …

Some very good points you raise.
What does Luai actually do better than Luke Brooks other than play in a champion team where he’s always had the luxury of taking a back seat and popping up when opportunity presents itself ?
Pass, run, kick, communicate, tackle, lead and Win. Those are the things Luai does better than Brooks

Galvin is literally the best schoolboy in Australia. He ran rings around every 18 year old in the country en route to being the Australian schoolboys captain. He's a dead set freak.
i appreciate that and as i said i dont think there is any limit to what he can become. From a purely skillset perspective i think he could play NRL tomorrow. However he also currently looks to be far to slight to be effective at NRL level. I've no doubt he will fill out and be a weapon. I just dont think he has the physicality to hold his own defensively or break tackles in the NRL like he did against schoolboys.
It is also rare to see a half come into first grade as teen with all the nuance of halfback play developed. Often that is not an issue for a young half alongside an experienced partner. Typically it is an issue when both halves are inexperienced.
Also am happy to be proven wrong as ive seen one match (online not live) and some highlight reels of Galvin.

Galvin is literally the best schoolboy in Australia. He ran rings around every 18 year old in the country en route to being the Australian schoolboys captain. He's a dead set freak.
I’m looking forward to seeing him develop at our club. I’m unsure if he’s physically ready for first grade in the next year or so. Tall and light players are at risk of being smashed in first grade, especially a young half digging into the line. We can start him in Flegg this year and see how he goes and promote him from there if appropriate. As the Flegg season ends well before reserve grade, he could have a full season of Flegg and get a taste of reserve grade against men at the back end of the season.

A bit of Cherry Evans about him

Reactions: 851
He just broke the clubs aerobic record . The bronco test . And hes 6 foot 4 . I don’t know if that’s actually true …
I cant say it is certainly true. Just my opinion from the very little ive seen. Super fit but built like a bean pole compared to established first graders.
There was an article many years ago about Jake Arthur beating home NRL players in fitness tests when he was 13. Wouldnt back him to be able to tackle any of them.
He is undoubtedly tracking to become a superstar. But when i see him holding his own physically against men i will start taking notice of him as a consistent first grade option.

I cant say it is certainly true. Just my opinion from the very little ive seen. Super fit but built like a bean pole compared to established first graders.
There was an article many years ago about Jake Arthur beating home NRL players in fitness tests when he was 13. Wouldnt back him to be able to tackle any of them.
He is undoubtedly tracking to become a superstar. But when i see him holding his own physically against men i will start taking notice of him as a consistent first grade option.
Not on an aerobic test like that mate . There’s a reason the best 800m runners of all time are at least mid to late 20s . Or the same for your de France yellow jersey winners.
You’re aerobically at your peak in your mid to late 20s . An 18 year old coming out and doing that is pretty unheard of .

Burton is a great centre playing out of position.

If Luai signs with the dogs no mail just gut feeling Burton will want out and the tigers will swoop.. I'd take Burton any day of the week I can't see the dogs managing both Burton and Luai at the same time theirs no way

Some very good points you raise.
What does Luai actually do better than Luke Brooks other than play in a champion team where he’s always had the luxury of taking a back seat and popping up when opportunity presents itself ?
Are yo kidding ? Seriously? Luau plays origin, took Samoa to the World Cup final, tackles 1 on 1 , beats defenders, plays straight and in the line, talks to his team mates, takes smart decisions at crucial times and ices games… ”what have the Romans ever done for us” 😅😂🤣🤣😁

I’m looking forward to seeing him develop at our club. I’m unsure if he’s physically ready for first grade in the next year or so. Tall and light players are at risk of being smashed in first grade, especially a young half digging into the line. We can start him in Flegg this year and see how he goes and promote him from there if appropriate. As the Flegg season ends well before reserve grade, he could have a full season of Flegg and get a taste of reserve grade against men at the back end of the season.
The flegg and NSW cup seasons are on almost identical schedules...

Are yo kidding ? Seriously? Luau plays origin, took Samoa to the World Cup final, tackles 1 on 1 , beats defenders, plays straight and in the line, talks to his team mates, takes smart decisions at crucial times and ices games… ”what have the Romans ever done for us” 😅😂🤣🤣😁
Luai has proved to be terrible at Origin level.

Admittedly, ive seen very little of Galvin compared to quite a lot of Fainu but i think Galvin is a year or two behind Fainu in terms of both natural physical development and current career progression. Not putting any limitations on what either could become and not saying it definitely can not work out but i think it is fair to say Galvin is unlikely to be ready for halves role in 25, particularly if his paired with another inexperienced player.
I pretty much agree with you here, but having said that I think Galvin could easily fill in at centre or on the Wing even, whereas Fainu looks a bit like Ponga on physicality and could play lock or centre as well .. they are both just born footy players,, the type that can play anywhere just as long as they are out there

Last edited:
Yeah I tend to agree. I would have rather they just appointed Shane Richardson and Barry in permanent roles. Not perfect but removes a large chunk of the uncertainty.
I think that was at Richos request. Said he didn't know who he'd be working with and he'll make that assessment after 6 months. He's just giving himself an out if the new board makes it impossible for him to run the club.

💯 his kicking game is why people see him as a half , but you can develop plays and game plans to utilise that strength , at key moments . Because he is not a half . Not at all IMO.
I think when he played in the centres for Penrith it really helped having a guy that could kick short and also make space for the outside man.

Played his best footy at centre I reckon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Back