Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Back to the signings and suggestions thread.
I expect this may raise a few eyebrows and perfectly acceptable to receive multiple LOL emoji’s.
Thoughts on offering the off contract Tom Burgess a couple year deal?
Big bopper.
Experienced.
Still playing effectively.
Close to Jonnah.
Would be good mentor for our young props and someone to aspire to.
Same age as AFB and Braden Hamlin Uele.
Would cost maybe 400k-500k a season.
Would be able to be used as an experienced impact player off the bench.
Wouldn't be a good business decision for the club to ever consider this.

Back to the signings and suggestions thread.
I expect this may raise a few eyebrows and perfectly acceptable to receive multiple LOL emoji’s.
Thoughts on offering the off contract Tom Burgess a couple year deal?
Big bopper.
Experienced.
Still playing effectively.
Close to Jonnah.
Would be good mentor for our young props and someone to aspire to.
Same age as AFB and Braden Hamlin Uele.
Would cost maybe 400k-500k a season.
Would be able to be used as an experienced impact player off the bench.
Declined

Wouldn't be a good business decision for the club to ever consider this.
I’m curious why.
Am I wrong in believing he still is an effective prop?
Two years wouldn’t necessarily block any of our juniors in fact at his age, that sort of contract would suit what we are hoping for with our pathways boys to achieve. If we sign a 25 year old prop. He may still be with us blocking the path for a Jordan Miller or someone.
right now we need to be bringing in the best people possible to build the environment needed to lift this club.
It’s not George Burgess coming off a hip replacement.
It’s Tom Burgess who has been a mainstay in the Bunnies pack.
The only downside to his game is the occasional dropped ball.

I’m curious why.
Am I wrong in believing he still is an effective prop?
Two years wouldn’t necessarily block any of our juniors in fact at his age, that sort of contract would suit what we are hoping for with our pathways boys to achieve. If we sign a 25 year old prop. He may still be with us blocking the path for a Jordan Miller or someone.
right now we need to be bringing in the best people possible to build the environment needed to lift this club.
It’s not George Burgess coming off a hip replacement.
It’s Tom Burgess who has been a mainstay in the Bunnies pack.
The only downside to his game is the occasional dropped ball.
I get where you're coming from, but we have a pair of experienced pigs in Klemmer and Twal and guys like Stefano and Pole are coming into their own.

we need another impact type I feel. Terrell May's probably the ideal guy on the market but by the looks of things he's Canterbury bound. not sure what else is out there.

I get where you're coming from, but we have a pair of experienced pigs in Klemmer and Twal and guys like Stefano and Pole are coming into their own.

we need another impact type I feel. Terrell May's probably the ideal guy on the market but by the looks of things he's Canterbury bound. not sure what else is out there.
Terrell & Taylan would be great signings.
The club should be reaching out & trying to get the deal done.

Burgess bro very close to retirement imo

but it was his choice to go out of pocket?! The dogs avoided the payment.
Its only corruption and cheating IF he did get his full contract and it was done quietly to avoid the cost on the cap.
Either way, whether they paid him or not (there's not a chance in hell he got no payment) it was a deliberate, club orchestrated move to cheat the cap. If a player retires and a contract magically gets torn up they should need to go the length of the original contract as retired before any come back is allowed.
Still, if he comes back to the NRL part of his salary should be under the Dogs cap, even if they did illegally pay him out. They did the wrong thing and should be fined the difference between his dogs contract and his new one

Last edited:
Either way, whether they paid him or not, it was a deliberate move to cheat the cap. If a player retires and a contract magically gets torn up they should need to go the length of the original contract as retired before any come back is allowed.
Still, if he comes back to the NRL part of his salary should be under the Dogs cap, even if they did illegally pay him out. They did the wrong thing and should be fined the difference between his dogs contract and his new one
I think they’ll get away with it.
I noticed Biondi Odo was somehow taken out of the top 30 in the 23 season due to his Knee surgery and kept on a reduced contract only to return to first grade later in the year.
Boggles the mind how Gus orchestrated that one.

Terrell & Taylan would be great signings.
The club should be reaching out & trying to get the deal done.

Burgess bro very close to retirement imo
Yeah I get the angle, the cupboard is relatively bare. There might be a mad meat axe overseas but essentially teams lift when there is a tough enforcer in the side.
Raider were transformed with the inclusion of Lima and Nuassala in 2016. Maybe Burgess isn’t that guy but someone has to be for us.

Wouldn't be against picking up the fox, but he's on a bit at the dogs. Swapping one terrible contract for another isnt what we should be about now.
If he comes subsidized thats another question of how much and for how long.
I'd rather sign Daniel Tupou on a low-medium contract than Fox on a big contract. Tupou is reliable no matter what

The one that is feels very similar to is RTS leaving the triple Minor Premiership winners to join a bottom 4 team at the Warriors. Even more odd given that he was waiting to claim the Fullback Jersey off Minicello and spent the entire 2015 season as the new custodian.
We actually got a heap when Wests and Balmain merged. Hill, Hoppa, McCracken etc

It wont be long before the ErrorGraph associates us with the May brothers .. !! Terrell would make a fantastic impact forward .. i'd have him as a starting prop .. he's strong, aggressive, tough and young enough to keep .. sign them up for 3 years immediately .. ;-)

I watched an interview with Terrell May and he said he was at the Wests Tigers in 2020 as a train and trial player in the NRL squad and ended up not wanting to play footy as he was not in a good headspace and left.

He would be a good bench prop and his brother Taylan would be good for our backline. Pass on Tyrone

Less than 6 months ago .. Pangai Jnr tore up his $750K contract with the Dogs to go boxing .. now the Broncos want to pick up Pangai for around $350K .. i would love to see the NRL grow some balls and say to the Broncos .. sorry he's worth $750K .. that's what you pay .. !!
Or grow some real balls and tell him his only option is the Bulldogs.

Members online

Back