Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Played juniors for Sawtell Panthers against Kempsey Dragons countless times. It's part of that whole stretch of coast that just oozes bush footy.

Also, Greg is from and played for Bowraville, west of Nambucca.
Yes, Bowraville - my mistake!

Last thing I’ll say - he’s actually an inside back (inside centre, fullback) but they play him in the wing due to his speed. He has the skills to play centres easily, maybe even five-eighth

Was looking at everyone’s squad numbers the other day for the upcoming season. Most teams sit around 28-29 only a couple at 30.
Bulldogs however have 31?!?!?
How is that possible?
Long behold, statement today from Phil Gould saying young prop Zac Montgomery has decided to step away from the game for a short while.
How does Gus keep doing this.
Oh; also noticed BBO is part of the top 30 this year but was dropped from the top 30 last year because he had a season long injury.
Stepping away from the Bulldogs = payout from the Bulldogs
Gus Gould's way

Don’t think it’s desperate to identify talent before they are worth more.

He’s a decent chance to play for the Wallabies in the next year or 2.

Anyways, obviously not saying there isn't a risk associated, but not a bad gable to take the risk before value goes up.
Are you suggesting top 30?

Absolutely.
Nothing wrong with signing big, strong and fast athletes who can score long range tries.
Another one that look at is Mason Peut who will be called up to the Storm NRM squad before too long if no other club gets in first.

Also, one player doesn’t work out and you can the idea all together? With that mentality you’d never sign a centre from NZ ever again due to Kepaoa.

Will Warbrick - a winger from NZ 7s. Melbourne saw the physical qualities needed, had patience and developed him.

It was actually really poor d by his opposite. Stops and is caught flat footed. Always way going to be beaten on the outside.
Just watch it, moves up in d and plants both feet. Nothing about a little swerve.

I think if he has a good year in 15 a side and proves that he can find gaps with less space, defend, kick pass (which most of our outside backs can’t do), then I don’t see why not. He’s a genuine player, not just a sprinter who plays rugby. He’s a great player who just happens to be really fast.
Benji signed a player who is mid to late 20s in playing provincial rugby in NZ.

Last edited:
It was actually really poor d by his opposite. Stops and is caught flat footed. Always way going to be beaten on the outside.
Just watch it, moves up in d and plants both feet. Nothing about a little swerve.
Maybe, but I’ve seen him do it many other times.

Anyways, the point is we should be identifying talent. We need to understand where these players actually come from, their backgrounds etc
Being compared to another ex GPS sprinter who played 7s is a bit shortsighted.
The Roosters are signing talented players from rugby too. As did with RTS.

Latest posts

Members online

Back