Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Unless a player is of elite standard and fills a hole we need fillingI would be holding off signing anyone. If you invest large sums of money in a pathways system you have to send the message out there that there is a pathway to the top 17 if you do the work required.

Okay you are always going to need players from outside the system, but you have to give your own players a real pathway

Unless a player is of elite standard and fills a hole we need fillingI would be holding off signing anyone. If you invest large sums of money in a pathways system you have to send the message out there that there is a pathway to the top 17 if you do the work required.

Okay you are always going to need players from outside the system, but you have to give your own players a real pathway
No more fringies

Is Lomax off contract or something , are we chasing him , or is there a lot of people onnhear just wishing
Flanagan has come out and said that Bird & Suli will be playing centre with Sloan at fullback. This leaves Lomax as the odd man out on the wing. There's speculation he will be pushing for a release as he sees himself as a centre at the very least. There are also rumours that Flanagan doesn't think Lomax is worth the coin he is on, which would make sense if Lomax will be playing wing (He is on around 700k per season)

I can see why people don't rate Lomax, I didn't get they hype initially either, but he is a talent.
Yes he's no speedster but he is elusive and an absolute handful close to the line due to his size and offloading ability.
He can be a bit rocks or diamonds in defence, but I think that is more a reflection on the Dragons defence as a whole not him as an individual. He's got sound technique and great 1v1 strips often.
But his greatest asset is his handling, he's so silky, great catch and pass, rarely makes handling errors, is great under the high ball, and puts his winger in space all the time, unfortunately for him the Dragons have had a queue of average wingers that stretches back to Sydney.
He's basically Doueihi, with better defence, less injury history and maybe even
He's only 24, if he's available I'd take him in a heart beat.

Lomax was definitely at the infamous BBQ and was fined by police and the NRL.

I think you guys may be getting confused with him being one of the only players to attend the Dragons presentation night at the end of 2022, which caused a bit of controversy.
He was there for sure, he was one of the 2 players that refused to sign the police documents or whatever it was. I believe the story on Lomax at the BBQ was that the playing group was put off by him not signing it, and he was put off by some of the playing group hiding under the bed and the others covering for them.

I can see why people don't rate Lomax, I didn't get they hype initially either, but he is a talent.
Yes he's no speedster but he is elusive and an absolute handful close to the line due to his size and offloading ability.
He can be a bit rocks or diamonds in defence, but I think that is more a reflection on the Dragons defence as a whole not him as an individual. He's got sound technique and great 1v1 strips often.
But his greatest asset is his handling, he's so silky, great catch and pass, rarely makes handling errors, is great under the high ball, and puts his winger in space all the time, unfortunately for him the Dragons have had a queue of average wingers that stretches back to Sydney.
He's basically Doueihi, with better defence, less injury history and maybe even
He's only 24, if he's available I'd take him in a heart beat.
completely agree. I don't think he's close to leaving St George anytime soon, but if he was I would hope that Benji and Richo would be at the front of the queue trying to get him across. he walks into that right centre position.

They're basically spoon-fed what to say these days their manager.

The manager's best interest is to keep options open, even if it's not best for the fanbase of the player.

I agree that everything should just be forthrightly hosed down by the player, but they're usually kids in their 20's who have been given a script in these types of situations.
Yep, agree...Managers are ruining/running the game....the NRL should really pear back their "powers"

Back